Elusive Target #4: THE POLITICIAN (Year 3, August 25 - September 4 2023)

Well done! The only thing I would have liked is if you had not unlocked the front door but instead had found another way in. :grin: But of course only if there was such a way in.

1 Like

Thanks :slightly_smiling_face: Because I don’t speed run, when you get to that door, all 4 individuals are heading upstairs @ that specific time & you have to go upstairs for this method to work. So going through that door using the lock pick is essential. All other entry points are irrelevant as security guards are right next to those entry points.

1 Like

Bro, LEAVE @MvpAgent47 ALONE!!!

You are the fucking MASTER of this ET (and many other missions). The shit you pulled off on this level is still the stuff of legend.

1 Like

For some reason, I felt the need to push her off the roof. Managed to do it SONKO, though I did use emetics like a loser. :grin:

Unfortunately, no “new” suits this time. :frowning:

10 Likes

I would have never found out about that peek-a-boo spot on the roof. Nicely done!

If I may ask, how do I get the keys for the car on the beach?

1 Like

They’re on the large table downstairs, the same one that has the body double’s notes.

1 Like

All righty. Lets do this. First, my equipment for the mission.

Used one of the darts to KO one of the guards and the other got the crowbar thrown to the back of his head, then just took the outfit of the first KO guy.

Once inside the house, closed the curtains and waited for the double to exit the bathroom so I could lure her guard inside and KO him easily. Then posioned the peanuts with rat poison and got her in the bathroom. Both hidden in the wardrobe in the room next to the bathroom. Small note: got scared because for a reason a guard told me I was trespassing (dunno wich one was. Just heard the voice. That’s why I turned the SA HUD on and thankfully I was clear. Got a cold sweat from this).

Then again, poisoned the peanuts with another rat poison and got Barbara into the bathroom. First used the second dart on her bodyguard and then just got into the bathroom to shoot her with my trusty Black Trinity.

Funny position to be KO. Gonna wake with a lot of pain within the bones.

Went back for the Neon City Suit and escaped by the boat. Nothing too elaborated.

Second target that dies by a headshot of the Black Trinity. I love this pistol so much. Thinking is adding a third kill for the next ET or maybe something else. Gonna think about it.

11 Likes

Well, I failed. And the reason is pretty hilarious. I was practicing my route, then I screwed up, so I thought to have some fun before restarting it. So I shot the doppelganger, but guess what, it was the target. But my hand was so quick that I was able to pause and press restart. Then it said the contract I’m trying to attempt is no longer available, and the only option was to exit to the menu.

I mean, it might be my fault shooting the random NPC, but the fact that I failed because the game acted weirdly is very frustrating. If I were able to continue the game, I would have completed it even if I can no longer restart.

6 Likes

Yeah that happened to me with the Bad Boy in H2. You really have to make you stop and return to the main mission if you want to fool around. :laughing:

1 Like

Yeah… At least this is the only ET with the body double (so far) so this probably won’t happen to me again. I didn’t even know it was the target before I saw the message.

Shot the lamp she was stood next to, exploded and she went flying in the bushes outside :joy:

Silent Assassin rating nevertheless :+1:t2:

6 Likes

I started recording this many minutes into the run when I seen it was going to plan. I was getting tired and didn’t feel like redoing it (today). Kinda wish I did record the beginning now, but w/e. It’s using a twist on the weapon chase exploit in where you change your disguise, then the target/NPC goes to the disguise rather than chasing you.

3 Likes

Well there is an ET with a twin. Though in that case they do have something that can make you tell them apart.

1 Like

They have the instant fail condition on the other guy, so “shooting the body double for fun” is not an option in the first place. And they are not exactly doppelgangers, as you said.

1 Like

I started so well. Got the Head Bodyguard disguise, took out the targets bodyguard and was alone with her.

Forgot that NPC can see through widows when I strangled her in the office. Still got away, but it’s always the same. One stupid mistake and SA is gone.
:sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Well, what do you know, I actually pulled off SONKO + No Throws. It’s also suprisingly consistent run, so I am pretty proud of myself (that is if I am first to discover this).
EDIT: Wanted to share vid with you, turns out DaVinci quick export does not support subtitles. And I did not save so I have to do it all over. i8udrph7x7k61

5 Likes

Slow run but anyway :smiley:

2 Likes

Flying Explosive Duck through Panic Room Roof

14 Likes

I ultimately didn’t have any ideas, so I turned off all of the HUD effects and did a kill everyone run…
Lots of fun and tense without Instinct and all of the indicators I take for granted.

I’d post it, but it’s 12 minutes and not too crazy. The small map and limited guards made it possible.

4 Likes

I went for the “shooting the lamp” approach, mostly because I wanted an easy, 5 star rating to unlock the Terminus suit on my Xbox profile. Mission accomplished!

5 Likes