Elusive target Appreciation Thread

He classy

5 Likes

HITMAN Elusive Targets Mode is probably one of the best things implemented into those new games, offering us a pack of quality targets with different objectives through all the game maps :+1:

The short time window and the only chance to get your target has brought some thrill, stress but also fun while completing each one of those missions.

Not only that but it allowed to the Hitman community to share a variety of playthroughs with sometimes spectacular and outstanding kills :ok_hand:

However while it’s an interesting concept that should be kept on HITMAN 3, i think that there should be a few tweaks for this mode, especially concerning the previous and already completed targets:

• Instead of keeping all this previous content locked online, give to the players the possibility to replay all previous targets through Special Assignments.

In that way all the work put behind those targets (which represents a non forgettable part of the game) won’t be wasted and unavailable to play :+1:

Putting all the Elusive Targets as Special Assignments would be a smart move from IOI and would allow the players for more content and replayability on this final sequel :slight_smile:

To conclude, here are my favourite Elusive Targets so far (H1&H2):

#1: The Politician (Hawke’s Bay) :heart:
#2: The Undying (Miami) :ok_hand:
#3: The Stowaway (Isle Of Sgail) :100:
#4: The Entertainer (Marrakesh) :+1:
#5: The Serial Killer (Whittleton Creek) :+1:

Cheers!

6 Likes

I love the Elusive Target concept. They always give me that nervous rush when I play them because it’s literally make or break once you’ve killed the target :joy:

Its usually my luck some bodyguard or civilian catch me haha

6 Likes

This, 100%. Only then will I be truly able to appreciate all the work (and especially the lore) put into ETs. Which I really really want to.

4 Likes

Well I wasn’t trying to be him :joy:. I happened to have that very similar blue jacket and so orange pants were simple enough to order. I skipped the cravat that night, although I do wear one occasionally.

It took some digging, but I found it.

11 Likes

I accidentally electrocuted myself trying to kill you the second time you visited Paris, dude.

7 Likes

My favorite Elusive Target has to be The Deceivers, for a Number of reasons.

• The Guru shows how a Fortress is done well. Blaire Redington should take a lesson from it.

• Both Targets are despictable. That’s my favorite kind of Target.

• It has a certain classic Hitman Vibe to it. There are No Opportunitys or anything.

Following my Top Spot, I’d problably go with either The Undying or The Serialkiller. Both are great Missions, though what I especially love about the later is the use of a bunch of unique Character Models, even though the Target was pretty obvious for me, there are quite a Number of Suspects if you haven’t played WC alot like the Guy with Sunglasses:

Even though there are of course some there just for the Atmosphere who I WANT in the Main Mission like Texan Galen Vholes:

Anyway, I think that’s the reason why the Serialkiller would take the second Place if I did the list. As a Bonus, my least liked Target The Fixer, because of this stupid Courier BS. I literally failed Day One in Hitman 2, when I knocked the Courier out, I didn’t even killed him.

8 Likes

It’s hard for me to form an opinion because you can only play each one once. But I really love the ones that make good use of the map they’re in. The Deceivers was really great for this reason.

7 Likes

The Censor is my favorite elusive target. I love the idea of an assassin killing a serial killer while he looks for a potential victim. Finding out his identity was pretty easy as he is not a discreet serial killer :joy: But it was so much fun killing him. I wish it was a bonus mission.

7 Likes

Yes, that’d be great. If IO ever allows ET being used for Mods, I’d really like to combine it with a Bitter Pill and maybe change the Skybox to a Rainy Afternoon for the Full Bonus Mission Feeling.

4 Likes

Is anyone else tired of constantly playing the same elusive targets? The targets which got a rerun during H2 support are now back again. Deceivers, Blackhat. How much we bet the angel of death is next?

7 Likes

I think it’s okay. There are always newcomers who never played these missions before. Plus, as the trilogy ends, this will be the very last time you ever play them. With that being said, I’d also like to see some H2016 ones make their return after their absence in H2.

6 Likes

I was kind of hoping the H3 Elusive Targets would take over a little more but it seems the Legacy ones are the dominant factor at the moment.

Here’s hoping in June/July we get some new H3 Elusive Targets.

4 Likes

It wouldn’t hurt to give the paparazzo, twin and surgeons another shot. Currently it’s only targets which have been redone atleast 4 times.

6 Likes

I wouldn’t mind playing some of the other ones. Even the ones we all thought weren’t so amazing. The music guy in paris for example. Just stuff we haven’t played in a while.

I’m sure Io has some idea of how many people haven’t played these before though. I think I read less than 10% of H2SA players on PlayStation had played C47 so the remake in contracts was a no brainer. I wonder if there are lots of new players who are getting these for the first time?

4 Likes

Don’t say that! :grimacing: teampermanentETs

6 Likes

Even if we didn’t get a single new Elusive Target ever again (which, obviously, I hope and expect we will get new ETs in the future) there are now enough existing ETs out there to keep them on a permanent 2-week rotation at this point.

If the new Seasons of Sin are averaging 6 weeks in duration, I don’t see any reason not to squeeze 3 ETs in that time. Throw in as many new ETs over the year as IOI can make to their satisfaction, and back-fill the rest of the time with previous ETs so that new players and/or players who didn’t import H2 progress can build up their ET wardrobes from the older targets.

6 Likes

I’d LOVE to see the Surgeons again! They were very interesting and the conversations the male had!

5 Likes

after playing the liability i wish ets forced people to do stuff out of their comfort zone. as the liability really felt like another very standard, but very good hitman 3 target.

2 Likes