Elusive Target Arcade

A new way to play Elusive Targets arrives in HITMAN 3 in a brand new game mode that we’re calling Elusive Target Arcade. Prepare to take on the ultimate Elusive Target challenge in a change to the established formula in this fan-favourite game mode. All Elusive Target Arcade content will be a permanent addition to the game. Full details on how this game mode works will be shared in early January 2022.

So exciting! Ghost Mode 2.0, or offline, or maybe both?

16 Likes

The main and highly-requested feature

16 Likes

i can’t wait for it everybody has been asking for this and they got there wish lets go everybody

2 Likes

Will be curious to see what this is. “Arcade” makes it sound like a more playful version of the Elusive Targets, but them being permanent could just mean “replayable but without rewards.”

It will also be curious to see what ETs get included. I imagine for rights reasons, The Wildcard and The Undying are probably the two that are absolutely not going to surface in this mode. Everything else, though? :eyes:

4 Likes

HITMAN 3 (I mean brand new) Elusive Targets are playable without rewards.
For some reason…

3 Likes

My prediction is it’ll be a rotation where you have a chance to do one target and after success or failure of the mission you’ll get another random one to attempt. Completing 3/6/9/12/15 ETs and 1/5 Silent Assassin as well as doing one each on Hitman 2016’s and 2’s levels will still get the corresponding suits (with hopefully some new suits for Hitman 3’s levels as well and The Black Winter Suit added in).

3 Likes

Arcade was a word I was hoping to associate with this game. Hopefully this means we get to play these ETs anytime with some kind of rotation to keep things fresh.

13 Likes

Well after H1 having maps with only two chances and then H2 maps where only had one chance to get the level suit unlock, that wasn’t a bad thing to stop level specific rewards.

I have the same impression of the name, would be quite cool and a hugely requested feature.

4 Likes

Anyway, the rewards were a stimulus to play, and to play carefully (not to fail) an Elusive Target.
With no rewards ETs are just temporary targets and nothing more

2 Likes

I believe in having unlocks, but when Paris, Sapeinza and Marrakesh have loads of chances and then the rest having very little it was somewhat unfair. Which then led to alot of players to fudge it with guides and going past the 1 time play restrictions with restarting their PC or Console.

Besides with ETs becoming permanent, timed and limited rewards could be a mute point.

3 Likes

Maybe, just maybe, what they could do is link suit unlocks to the amount of ET Arcade targets you defeat. Three gets you the suit that was attributed to Paris, six gets you the one for Sapienza, etc.

Looking at the viable ETs for this, they have about 37 available ETs to have for this mode, not including any all-new ones or if they actually release The Brothers, a cancelled ET for the first game in the trilogy.

4 Likes

What if it’s a literal arcade game? You play as 47 (Grey being Player 2) moving from left to right beating up enemies with the ETs serving as bosses.

This would also show that they listened to the common fan complaint about targets not fighting back. :grin:

2 Likes

But maybe they’ll be a number of ETs to choose from. They only showed the ones from H3 in the trailer… And ones from H2… I think we’ve only had the one from Isle of Sgail, Jimmy, and recover his Dictaphone.

Maybe they’ll have rosters for each season. But will it be a limited number or (nearly) all of them?

2 Likes

I think it could be something like an arcade mode in fighting games were you rotate through several “stages”. This mode would behave similar to normal ETs in the way that you can’t save and if you die you have to start the mode from the beginning, also you wouldn’t be able to choose which elusive target to kill to keep the spirit of ETs. It also could have some roulette elements like specific kill conditions and/or restrictions and with each stage these conditions get harder to prevent players from doing the same every single time.

1 Like

I really hope that’s not the case I really just would like them permanently in the game and be able to be played when ever I want without it randomly giving me instructions on how to kill or won’t let me play the one I want to kill

Another thing tho is will they allow more older et to come back like Ex dictator, Broker, Surgeons, Pharmacist

1 Like

Like others have said, I believe that Arcade will be a less restrictive collection of Elusive targets, without the rewards. Normally I have been of the opinion that Elusive Targets should stick to their design philosophy and remain a one time thing. That said with the announcement of the mode, I’m begging to feel different. It’s a great way to add more content into the series, there are plenty of Elusive Targets I have missed or failed through out the years. It would be wonderful to treat them like any other targets in the series with room to play around with.

5 Likes

Details on this are still very vague but I’m already hyped for this :wink:

1 Like

Replayable ETs would finally give amateur n00b players like yourself the chance to not get Body Found-rekked on The Deceivers with a simple for-beginners flying RFID Explosive kill. You can finally dream of git-ing gud, @Urben! :grin:

6 Likes

Fingers crossed that they’ll be able to put all past ETs into this mode. Yes, even the Wild Card and Undying/Returns. Get the rights or whatever nonsense it is to put them in, and all the others that haven’t made an appearance since the Hitman 2016 rerun. While you’re at it, ETs for Mumbai, New York, and Haven!

6 Likes