Elusive Target Arcade

Last time I saw an arcade mode added in a game was in Control (great game by the way), so I wouldn’t be surprised if it workd with some of the same mechanics :

Elusive Targets are available, but demands “tokens” earned in the normal game (or maybe in another game mode…).
I would guess one token per mission completed SA.

Maybe if it works this way we will have different “price”, like

• one token : replay the ET
  • two token : you can choose the loadout
  • three token : you can unlock the outfit in the end

It would still leave ET their prestige and hard to get aspect.

4 Likes

I hope The Brothers will. It’s a shame when the content is not released even though everything has been translated. Dialogues, briefing.

1 Like

Easier said than done. If the other party simple refused or has unrealistic demands then there’s nothing that can be done about it.

I remember Nether Realm trying to get Ash Williams from Evil Dead as character in MK 11. They were already making less-than-subtle hints that he would be in the game only for negotiations to fall through. Of course, the rights for the Evil Dead franchise are a mess and different parties have claims to different parts of the franchise.

Make the effort. Never know until you try. If you’re going to go to the trouble of putting it in the game in the first place, it needs to be locked down.

1 Like

imagine if it is an actual arcade within the new safehouse, would be a bitch to menu through and navigate but could be cool

8 Likes

Sorta like Christopher Lee’s island assassin funhouse in the film version of The Man With The Golden Gun! Love it! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

4 Likes

Hope we get wax model trophies of our targets then :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

There are so many in depth ideas here, Im impressed! I just thought it’s some sort of new menu tab next to “contracts” that allows us to replay the ETs, but with altered rules, like, no leaderboard, no rewards, etc.

“Just the hit and thats it.”, to not remove the “accomplishment” of having dealt with them when they had been limited.

1 Like

What’s the point of replaying ETs without rewards?

A well designed contract is easily better than any ET.

Just my thoughts. I still don’t get the ET fetish.

3 Likes

Well, they have a story, sometimes objectives, additional dialogue, changed route of NPCs, thats not nothing. And its all in the game for free! So of course we would like to keep it permanently. Just like Paris Christmas mission, Snow Festival, and all the other “little” things that in the end are free content we just dont want to miss.

10 Likes

Can they really use the term “Elusive Target” when they’re going to be permanent?

Probably should name them something else now since the term was coined back when ETs were only going to be a one-time thing and reactivations were never going to happen.

1 Like

Still Elusive because you can’t see them in Instinct mode. You have to go find them. Even if you know their route, until you actually come across them, they can be anywhere along that route.

5 Likes

I kinda think that most of these won’t be any better than the Special Assignments like that hunter guy in Santa Fortuna, the Conman in Mumbai, then the 2 water salesmen. And I’m pretty sure we did get a suit reward for the Mumbai conman. Sorry I can’t recall their names.

What I mean to say is that their novelty will probably wear off. The special assignment targets were essentially ETs.

Edit: One thing they might do is give players their own stats. The ‘Finish an Objective’ then ‘No Restarting’ might still apply. This could also do away with online ranking (which I’d be fine with).

Would be pretty nice if we can actually vote for what Elusive Target we want to see in these roadmaps. But I’m not fussed, this ET Arcade Mode feature really fits well and has been something that we wanted for a while. I wonder what sort of twists these ETs will have in the Arcade Mode variant. The awesome thing is, this is free content.

1 Like

As for now, I’ll just consider ‘Arcade’ to be a fancy nickname for the mode. Like a ready-to-play catalog of vintage titles, but for all Elusive Targets instead.

If they end up making a fun game-mode out of it it would be a surprising move.

8 Likes

This is probably impossible or at least a nightmare to implement but I was toying with the idea of the “arcade mode”, instead playing the ET normally, it adds the ET to the normal mission. For example The Fugitive, you have the normal mission with killing Yuki and Soders, but you also have the "Eliminate Ji-Hu added to the end.

Defo wouldn’t work for most ETs though like the Ascensionist with the AI patterns being super changed up

3 Likes

I’ve often wondered about this.

If implemented, Paris and Sapienza would have half a dozen targets at once, contracts on top of contracts.

3 Likes

Not necessarily added to the story mission, but combining ETs with each other would be nice. The Forger and The Broker. The Sensation and The Paparazzo. The Chameleon and the Bookeeper. Yadda yadda.

6 Likes

Yeah, there are some who just make sense combined. That was the thinking behind the Deceivers, I’m sure. But how about the Ex-Dictator and the Gold-digger combined with the Warlord, whose bios practically spell it out? The Black Hat and the Identity Thief? The Iconoclast and the Heartbreaker?

1 Like

My guess is we have to “pay” for those permanent ET. With some in-game currency. Maybe points from missions/contracts? Or we have to use the shooting range we saw in the trailer to get points and unlock ET. Once unlocked you’re allowed to play it like a “real” ET without restarts. Or if you want to restart it, you’ll have to pay again.

3 Likes