Elusive Target Arcade

I don’t think they will scrap whole “Elusive” idea and just put a pernament ET into the game. I think it will be something kind of Mode where game shows you a target to eliminate and you still have only one chance, but after you complete it or fail - game shows you another ET from “catalogue”, but randomise it every time - from these which was alerdy added to H3.

I’m guessing so with in-game currency. I’m guessing it’ll come from the overall ranking we’ve earned that is completely pointless at present? :man_shrugging:

Edit: Changed the entire post because I realised I misinterpreted it. lel.

1 Like

Having all of the Elusive Targets pernament all at once does kinda ruin the idea of the original concept of Elusive Targets. I do kinda get @thrison 's thinking. Having these unlockable via an in-game currency does make it sound interesting. Remember those arcade machines where you need to insert a coin or two to play them. I’m thinking with Elusive Target Arcade, in-order to play them, you need to spend in-game currency. Playing contracts would be how you would get the in-game currency depending on how many stars you get with a bonus for getting Silent Assasin.

As I said, I am very curious about that Arcade Mode. I have a feeling that January 2022 is going to be quite a BIG month. The only thing that isn’t really surprising at all for me is that January 20 is also my birthday. So I guess that makes my birthday HEAPS more exciting if the Year 2 roadmap started on that day. Guess we’ll find out when the December 2021 roadmap ends. Might be something to look forward to after Christmas and New Years.

1 Like

Agreed,
As I said further up, a coin based, one try at a time unlock is what would make the most sense with the name.
If it was “simply” adding ETs as a permanent menu and don’t see why they would annonce it as a “game mode”.

Remedy’s Control also has an arcade mode and the way it progressed was rather interesting : you had to earn tokens in the base game to play it one time.
In addition to that you have a progression system not unlike the mastery in Hitman, with more modes, more variations, more maps and in the end some outfits.

It was a fun addition to the game, and I hope it’s the route taken for Hitman.

But the main reason I believe it could work this way comes from the way the game works,

You have short term gameplay loops when you resolve a situation in a level (passing a room, finding an item or disguise, entering combat…). They are seconds to minutes longs
You have game session gameplay loops when you do a whole mission, an escalation. They are half an hour, an hour long,
And then you have the long term objectives, the meat of the game, the reason you come back to it : the mastery system and the challenges.

For the last one, we are starting to be at the end of it. First because some (especially on this forum) have already unlocked them all, and second because even the new content releases will have to slow down or stop after a while.
So trying to create a new system where the player has longer than a single game session objectives, like unlocking token to replay unique content, could be a way to go.

It would also give the impetuses and initiatives to the player, which is always good.

Or just form an alternative way for the game to pick the player interest, in addition to the usual challenges/mastery. Sometimes diversity of means is key.

Or they could just release them as challenge pack unlocks, who knows.

2 Likes

The wiki you linked is not the token-based arcade mode.
You’re probably thinking of the jukebox from the free Expeditions game mode.

Jukebox Tokens are used to activate Expeditions at the Jukebox. They can be found inside chests and dropped from enemies throughout the Oldest House after completing the main story mission My Brother’s Keeper, as well as obtained from completing Bureau Alerts and Board Countermeasures. They can also be created through the Astral Constructs option at Control Points in exchange for Source

The SHUM cabinets were to access two horde-based levels and replay any boss battle in the main game. These were not token-based and accessible anytime.

Still, you’re right in that it could be a similar system. Using more tokens could incur more complications or restrictions on the kill. Who knows.

4 Likes

Hmmm. At first arcade made me think of actual coin operated games I played as a kid. The thought it is a gallery or “roulette” where the elusive target is selected at random for you seems interesting to me.

3 Likes

I imagine that the Arcade will have a couple of challenges, here’s my suggestion

Elusive Target Arcade: Ultimate
Challenge

• Complete all elusive targets back to back

• Elusive targets are assigned in a random order

• Unique reward if every mission is completed with Silent Assassin rating

• After a successful mission, 3 items can be carried over to the next mission

• Before a mission, items can be “bought” from your planning loadout, at the expense of a modifier that lasts until the end of the run. (Faster detection times, more enforcers, less health etc)

Would be a fun, endgame challenge with quite a bit of replayability :smiley:

10 Likes

I can only speculate on the particulars of this mode, but here’s one thing I’m certain of already: a big horde of fans are going to get out their torches and pitchforks when it turns out not to be exactly what they imagined.

9 Likes

As long as it means we can permanently access any elusive target any time we want, that’s enough. Anything else is extra.

5 Likes

I don’t get why people are expecting there to not be any rewards for the mode. There’s rewards for doing pretty much every other type of content (escalations, featured contracts, main missions, seasonal events, even Siberia had an unlockable sniper). Why wouldn’t you expect them to do rewards for the ET arcade? Do you want Hitman 2016’s and 2’s suits to be permanently unobtainable in 3 like they already are in their original games?

5 Likes

Maybe a roulette will give you the suit, weapon and kill method for a certain ET and hitting this ‘jackpot’ will deliver maximum score/prizes for that round.
There should probably be unique suit/items to be unlocked from this arcade mode only.

I personally wouldn’t want anything major to change I would just like them permanent in a slot on the mode page where I can sit and play my et without any restrictions or big changes like making it a random mission mode that would just make me hate them unfortunately I just want to play them like any other mission

Tokens and stuff like that just wouldn’t excite me at all

3 Likes

You know that coin challenge in Isle of Sgail? Imagine if you wanted to do an ET, you’d have to find one of those special coins and then you place it into a coin slot under one of the many Elusive Targets we have so you can play! I’m so excited to see what this is.

I have three possible ideas for this arcade:

1. Just the probable permanent Elusive Targets! I am excited, I love going through the missions still without the instinct and the target mini map icons, these missions make me feel more immersed.
2. A co-op mode/Ghost Mode? Maybe you get to play the same Elusive Target and help each other (maybe with extra enforcers, and if one person dies, you fail and of course able to restart.) Or maybe a roulette mode where you have to kill the target with a certain disguise/certain kill method. That was be fun and arcade-y!
3. Loose idea, but I was thinking that each agent gets 1-5 coins around the Arcade map, and we put in the coins on what Elusive Target we want to play that month (of course, I’d put all 5 coins into the Surgeons or The Ascensionist) and the whole community could vote!

Of course, this is more speculation than things I think will happen, but that’s the point of the topic.

1 Like

I’m kinda with you. I was always a “one and done” bc it was so unique and made it full of more tension. I started to change when (I thought) the game was coming to an end. Why not dump them all at the end. I think I even suggested iO could make a few bucks for nothing if it was maybe $5 to unlock them all forever.

This Arcade word has me excited though. I’m hoping we can play any one of them whenever we want just for fun, but I’m also hoping the arcade will have some sort of challenge where you go from one to the next and play till you complete them all or die or fail. Kinda like a Tetris game. Maybe there is a set order they go in or maybe it’s random. Random is probably better so we don’t have to constantly play the first few over and over. In any case I hope the Prince is playable (=

5 Likes

I could imagine where you get points for completion of an elusive target by each of the standard methods (e.g. lethal poison, gun, fiber wire, accident kill, etc.), or something like “Frote’s” Roulette approach, where you are given a randomly selective method that you have to kill a target to get maximal points.

4 Likes

Oh or maybe there are silly modes like where they take all the items off the map and you pull a a lot machine handle. 3 reels. Whatever 3 items come up is all you get…. Now go take out the target.

We will have a thread dedicated to worst loadouts from the arcade.

Imagine with the new Elusive Target Arcade there’s new suits to unlock for 47? :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Do we really need more, though? Unless it’s the pumpkin mask suit, scarecrow from Colorado, and the closed jacket suit he sometimes had in Blood Money, I don’t think there’s really any other interesting possibilities.

Subject 47 suit :weary:

20 chars

6 Likes

17 suit!!! It’s just an orange tie and some shades… it can’t be that hard!!!

3 Likes