Elusive Target Arcade

In your video, the icon for the ET Arcade (seen at 0:15) is a person. However, for me on PS4, the icon is a triangle with some slashes (like what’s seen in the Year 2 Reveal images). Why would it be different between platforms?

2 Likes

The revolutionary SA/SONKO, fiber wire with magic briefcase

16 Likes

Now that’s clever. I can use that for what I’m attempting in my own playthrough.

2 Likes

You make it look too easy! Beautiful work.

Incidentally, those are the same HUD settings I use, and I’ve never gone back since switching.

2 Likes

The Revolutionary killed with a Kalmer.

16 Likes

I expect no knockouts to be permitted when The Bookkeeper is introduced to the arcade.

4 Likes

I already did that with SA/SONKO but instead of the magic briefcase, I used the magic coin. lol.

I think based on the bookkeeper being one of my favourite ETs, if they implement hide all bodies, we’re screwed. lol

1 Like

I thought I’d try that with a coin. His bodyguard followed him out, opened the door mid strangle… shortly after I got gunned down. :skull:

4 Likes

Did you see my run of the bookkeeper? I didn’t use the coin in the house.

1 Like

I have now. All I can figure is that I either used the wrong kind of coin, or I didn’t use any coins the right way (Like, draw the target out with 1 coin and distract his guard/s with a 2nd).

2 Likes

I don’t know if this one has been suggested yet, but what if, after you can beat all ETs in a single contract, you can then switch the complications on and off, and choose which order you can play the targets in? That’d be close enough to just giving us the ETs in their original form without having to alter the game to allow that. Just alter the mode that’s already being worked on to allow some customization after the first success at the whole contract.

18 Likes

It’s a solid idea and one I think should be applied to regular Escalations too.

4 Likes

having played it for the first time last weekend, i agree with most of the sentiments here. the forced complications on these elusive targets add unnecessary stress and take away the fun. it’s less of a sandbox.

but by far, the worst restriction has to be hide all bodies… that means you can’t do a fun explosion, poison, electrocution, etc. unless you know the target is secluded. gave up on The Liability after failing to come up with a convoluted way to get him alone.

15 Likes

Hide All Bodies is bad, but I’m just thankful none of them use the Do Not Get Spotted complication, the single worst complication in the game imo.

8 Likes

The lasers and mines from H1 beg to differ (technically they’re in the game since a Sapienza escalation in H3 has mines).

tbh I enjoyed the Hide All Bodies complication. Most ETs have some sort of accident baked into their route for when you can’t be bothered, so it was refreshing to know that I couldn’t use that as a fallback plan if things went to crap. Every ET with the complication forced me to approach them in a way that I had never done before, so for that, I enjoyed it. I’ve also had a good time going back and finding different ways of doing them while still staying within the restrictions.

2 Likes

I’ve done almost all of the escalations in Paris and Sapienza plus half the ones in Marrakesh, and so far the mines haven’t been much of an issue for me because they’re usually easy to avoid and/or it’s easy to get the disarm device. At least with the mines when you fail you know exactly where and why you failed, with Do Not Get Spotted you may be seen dragging a body by an NPC far away and not know who actually saw you (screw The Hirani Evacuation).

I’m playing through 2016 and trying to complete things in the order they were initially released (I’m up to A House Built on Sand), when I get to The Mallory Misfortune I think I might have a new candidate for single worse complication.

2 Likes

Try jumping the fence, or going through windows and moving around on the outer path so he isn’t following you constantly. IMO, that made it way easier.

4 Likes

While both are annoying, mines are only accidentially frustrating but can be easily avoided while “do not get spotted” ruins the whole run, especially when combined with no changing disguises -.-

4 Likes

I think the most annoying one is the Instant Fail complication. :face_vomiting:

9 Likes

yea like many have said in this thread, making the complications optional would be a great solution.

maybe it would downgrade you to 4 stars if you did everything else and didn’t follow their conditions. but the insta fail alone just sucks

6 Likes