Error 0xc0000142

It happened about 2 weeks ago. I installed a panel for issuing items, played with it, and then decided to remove it. All done correctly, deleted downloaded files from Retail. But after that, the game stopped working and began to give this error. I did my best, reinstalled the game several times, checked the integrity of the files and all other ways from the Internet. But nothing helped. Maybe someone faced a similar problem? Please help!

The “0xc0000142” error is commonly caused by incorrectly configured system settings or irregular entries in the Windows registry. This error can be fixed with special software that repairs the registry and tunes up system settings to restore stability – download here.

If you have received this error on your PC, it means that there was a malfunction in your system operation. Common reasons include incorrect or failed installation or uninstallation of software that may have left invalid entries in your Windows registry, consequences of a virus or malware attack, improper system shutdown due to a power failure or another factor, someone with little technical knowledge accidentally deleting a necessary system file or registry entry, as well as a number of other causes. The immediate cause of the “0xc0000142” error is a failure to correctly run one of its normal operations by a system or application component.

https://wikifixes.com/en/errors/0x/0xc0000142/

1 Like

Usually system has a protection from this type of cases.
Essentially important file can not be deleted. Well, maybe it can by a very technically educated person (I don’t know any ways to do it, though I never needed to), but this is surely beyond control of a regular user

I will put forward that to the guy who wrote it.

Unfortunately it didn’t help(