ESCALATION: The Hamartia Compulsion [7/7/17]

This Escalation is set on World of Tomorrow, the main Sapienza map.

Level One: Eliminate Ignazio Alberti.
Level Two: Eliminate Ignazio Alberti. Eliminate Francesco Vivaldi.
Level Three: Eliminate Ignazio Alberti. Eliminate Francesco Vivaldi. Eliminate Evodio Minnella.
Level Four: WILD CARD! Eliminate Ignazio Alberti while disguised as a Housekeeper. Eliminate Francesco Vivaldi while disguised as a Housekeeper. Eliminate Evodio Minnella while disguised as a Housekeeper. Sticky Pistol: Equip a pistol within 7 seconds or you will fail the mission.
Level Five: Eliminate Ignazio Alberti while disguised as a Housekeeper. Eliminate Francesco Vivaldi while disguised as a Housekeeper. Eliminate Evodio Minnella while disguised as a Housekeeper. Sticky Pistol: Equip a pistol within 7 seconds or you will fail the mission. Rapid Elimination Streak: 30 seconds.

Here’s an upload of me streaming it (and one random contract at the end, just ignore that). Spoilers dodged with a text URL.

To summarize my summary at the conclusion: I liked the idea, as I understood it. It seemed like the idea was Sticky Pistol while creating a scenario where the Pistol was not necessarily the ideal way to kill the targets, which is cool, but it’s broken by all the stuff that continues to break everything in the game, and it’s inexcusable that what appeared to be the intended opportunities to kill targets instead result in inexplicable wallhacks, random spots, and other nonsense. Also the exit seems designed around judicious Sticky Pistol troubles en route to the Harbor exit, but it’s actually easier to just leave through the lab where nobody will see you with the gun out the whole way. I wanna like it but it’s broke. I’d say “at least Sticky Pistol isn’t broken this time” but not even that was true as I had numerous bugs involving that complication. Sigh.

2 Likes

Keep in mind that you only need to wear the Cleaning Staff outfit for the kills and that there’s a conveniently placed guard disguise in the Sanguine story right next to the conveniently placed cleaning stuff guy.:wink:

I don’t think it’s especially necessary. There are plenty of blind spots. The only real issue is the lagging ability for NPCs to notice your gun out when you’re going behind them, though I don’t think that really caught me at all. It might be hellish on consoles.

Really interesting one. Finally found a great use for the zone of the Sanguine shop. Also, it’s useful to know that you can lure people inside or out of the store easily because some of the glasses don’t act as walls at all and you just need an audio device to place close by.

It’s not necessary but it makes escaping a lot easier.

Apparently Sticky Pistol is broken again on consoles, per @Euler13. :no_mouth:

1 Like

I’m on X1 and it worked as it should. Not a single time it glitched for me. COnsoles always get the weirdest problems.

I had one or two issues on PC: Lagging update time for the reminder and once where I started the mission, never got the timer, ignored it to see what would happen, and only failed after about 12 seconds. Lag appears to play some kind of indeterminate factor in how the game is tracking the complication.

However, as far as I could tell reequipping was never a problem even after an action (dragging, using a keycard, etc.). So they did at least fix the “I have the damn thing in my hand and the timer’s still going” problem. But I do have really good Internet.

I couldn’t help myself and killed everyone who came across me when I had the sticky pistol in my hand. Good thing I don’t care about the leaderboards :stuck_out_tongue:

I loved the last level, very fun.

I was fortunate to catch a moment to play the final two levels this morning in the UK: I think that America were still in bed and it was possibly too early for most of Europe too. So the server connectivity was good enough to complete it. However, last night was a complete joke - not a very funny one!

Anyway, here’s my humble solution to the final level…

The Hamartia Compulsion Level 5 (2:38)

2 Likes

I liked this one, although the sticky something complications can get annoying after a while.

this is clearly a lancer escalation. i feel sorry for those who dont realise that.

MiniK

2 Likes

I think u were the only one who realized it MiniK

1 Like

You guys didn’t have the issue of the pistol not actually sticking? :laughing: :cry:

1 Like

Never encountered any problems while playing the escalation on the PC.

It’s only on Xbox. The day this escalation came out the sticky pistol not sticking made it unplayable (levels 4+). I’m in the UK and I got up early on Saturday, whilst most of America was still sleeping and probably just before the rest of Europe went online. Fortunately I found a window of low server traffic that allowed me to complete it.

Level 1 SA (9s)

So if an npc takes a certain amount of damage too quick they’ll fall down, which will blow the SA rating in this case, so doing a headshot, waiting a little bit the 2 quick headshots can kill him without making him fall, nobody sees him dying because they’re running towards me.

6 Likes

Level 5 SA (1:04)

10 Likes
1 Like