Escalation - The Jinzhen Incident

If you are the Chuck Norris of Hitman, what do you call the player who ranked #502 out of 500 runs?

2 Likes

Bruce Willis? Steven Seagal?

I enjoyed this escalation. The third level caused me some issues due to being distracted by my kid and getting spotted multiple times, but overall, mission successful.

Being able to use the Rusty Crowbar twice is likely possible due to how you open a door.
Being far away from the door when you press the prompt makes the animation of breaking a door longer, just like being to the left or right of the prompt will make the animation of breaking the door longer.
So you want to be close to the door to make the animation as fast as possible.
I think that could have some play in it. I’m not sure though, I found that it worked consistently for me anyway.

I’m positive that it doesn’t have anything to do with RNG.

2 Likes

lel. Found a door in The Block that isn’t locked like it’s meant to be.

This was another disappointingly easy escalation. At first glance it seems tricky, but after thinking about it for a second, the difficulty disappears. :frowning:

Also this new starting position (and the intro with the camera sweeping down the street) is just magnificent. IO makes so many great unique starts for escalations (Sgail dungeon, Delgado basement, etc)

There are one or two that IO forgot to lock, but for the most part seemingly ‘unlocked’ doors are just keypad doors you’re opening from the interior

It’s definitely not hard, but I wouldn’t say difficulty is the mark of a good escalation. Good escalations can still be difficult/tricky but this one not being so hard doesn’t intrinsically make it a bad escalation

5 Likes

I never said that the difficulty made it a bad escalation, just that it was disappointingly easy. Was just looking for some sort of challenge, but alas this wasn’t it.

1 Like

Fair enough, just sounded like you were judging its quality against its difficulty. If you want challenging then I doubt IO content will do the trick. There’s a few player contracts that’ll probably give you your fill tho

Paris Winter Fall featured contract thing springs immediately to mind. And 420’s “Banned from RR” has some tricky ones in the mix I recall

Chongqing only has top-notch escalations. The Lee Hong Derivation is easily the best from the Deluxe pack. Further evidence that this is simply a brilliant map with loads of potential.

2 Likes

Jokes, I respect your love for it :wink:

This is a true fact.

I meant my comment more in the sense that it’s a good escalation in spite of being based in (what I consider to be) a sub-par map. Mind you, both of the escalations have made me appreciate Chongqing a little more. Maybe if IO makes 1000 good escalations there, I might finally consider it an okay map :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

7 Likes

I think Chongqing doesn’t deserve all the hate it’s getting. In my opinion it is one of the best maps in the trilogy (Actually the entirety of Hitman 3’s map ,excluding Romania, might be the best batch of maps, so maybe that might be skewing with my thoughts on Chongqing).

I just love navigating the map, through the roof tops and in Hush’s fortress, same with the ICA data facility. Even if the map is unchanged, I think it still has potential for bonus missions, elusive targets, etc just from the existing map.

5 Likes

I thought this was really good; a puzzle Escalation that made me think creatively in the final level (stealing a roof guard’s silenced assault rifle instead of relying on the breakable Rusty Crowbars was a big breakthrough moment for me) and was just the right level of challenge for me personally: I didn’t find it un-fun due to being too difficult (like I did the Deluxe Lee Hong Escalation in Chongqing), but I didn’t find it easy either and I took several attempts to clear the last level before I got it.

I guess IOI - like every other game dev out there - is always in a bit of a bind because difficulty is SO subjective and varies wildly from person to person, so it’s practically impossible to design content that sits in the sweet spot for all of your players, but this was a Goldilocks-level of difficulty for me: not too hard, not too easy, just right! :grinning:

2 Likes

I can probably agree with the fact that it is to do with your range to the door. I didn’t get it consistantly until I pressed myself up against the door, I also dropped the scrap sword when I kept it which was weird (probably because it wasn’t on my back I was holding it).

I’ll do more testing to see if I can get a consistant method.

Mr. T. or is it Mr. Tea ?

1 Like

Or Ice-T or Ice Cube?

1 Like

Vanilla Ice, or their progeny → Ice Ice Baby

:rofl:

That meme sums up my thoughts on this dumpster fire map as well.

I would say The Lee Hong Derivation is 2nd to The Satu Mare Delerium. The latter just changes the map so much that it is hard to find something bad about it (probably the don’t get spotted complication).

2 Likes

Not an escalation on the top of my list. Still, gave it a try.

2 Likes

Good escalation, but kinda easy if you know your way around the map.

The unique starting location was cool. Addition of rusty crowbar proved a challenge, especially in Level 3. It’s a nice way to showcase how much climbing you can do in Chongqing.
This was a good one.

3 Likes