Everything Fallout, the post-apocalyptic retro-futuristic role-playing game

166000 watching. Todd has spoken… it’s Fallout: 76. He said there’ll be more at E3. I was there when it happened. I am bursting with joy.

"The Vault-Tec terminal in the Citadel lists Vault 76 as a “control” vault, with 500 occupants. The vault was designed to open 20 years after a nuclear war, and was among the seventeen known control vaults, meaning that it was used as a baseline to compare to experimental vaults. It is also mentioned in one of the alien captive recorded logs (no.13) recorded by Giles Wolstencroft, a Vault-Tec official who was abducted while inspecting the vault’s construction site. In Fallout 4, the newsreader in the prologue mentions Vault 76 debuting in 2076 in honor of America’s tercentenary when discussing Vault-Tec’s plans to expand. "

Fallout 76 – Official Teaser Trailer

BTW, that Pip-Boy looks very much like the Pip-Boys from Fallouts 1 and 2. And the date it says is 27th October 2102, just 25 years after the Great War. We could be looking at essentially at a Fallout prequel game, since the earliest Fallout title is Fallout 1 which is set 80 years after the Great War.

Hm… sound like a Fallout i will not like…

The game is set within Vault 76.

Worrying news from Twitter as well:

Is the new Fallout all about Vault 76?

Why do you think that if I may ask? According to the wiki, the vault opens 20 years after the Great War, and that date is 25 years after, so it seems like the vault should be open.

This is what I was originally thinking as the whole trailer was about the Vault. But I think it’s going by the perception of the Vault Dwellers mentality - “Everything’s okay and peaceful here”. Then shit happens. IT happened in 3 and 4 too.

Wew I am quite excited. So early after the great war I imagine the mutations are not that advanced but the radiation is high up.

Because the game is set within vault 76 and the fighting has stopped and Fallout has settled, maybe it’s all about settlements this time? Maybe it’s not a full Fallout game, like Fallout 5 would be?

I really, really hope you are right, I didn’t even like the settlements in Fallout 4, so a new Fallout with only settlers and settlements is out of the question for me :joy:.

So many question, so few answers :joy:, but we will know for sure in 11 days:

Just saw the trailer, looks very interesting. But we already know some info about vault 76 from FO3:

According to the citadel from FO3, the vault is a control vault, which means it’s a normal vault (like vault 81), however it was set to release after 20 years.

What’s interesting is that the pip boy’s date in the trailer is set 20 years after the war, so I’m guessing we’ll have to leave at some point.

I’m guessing it’s gonna be like Fallout 1 where you are the vault dweller leaving the vault in order to find something to save the vault.

I do think it is possible this might not be as big as Fallout 4. We could be looking at an in-between game, like Batman: Arkham Origins or Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel. The trailer shows off a ton of assets from Fallout 4, so I think 76 will use the same engine and reuse alot of assets like New Vegas did from 3. However, I’m pretty sure it won’t take place literally inside of one vault.

Yeah, that could be it too. Insider sources have said they’re taking a completely different direction of the game, so it’ll be pretty different.

It’s also probably gonna be a spin-off game like NV, because it’s not Fallout 5. There also wasn’t any guns in the trailer as well, only vault life.

Well, if the date in the trailer is correct, just 25 years after the Great War, that could be very different. Potentially no Brotherhood of Steel, or a BoS in its infancy, definetly no Enclave, very few settlements and no cities, perhaps more operational vaults. It could be a lot like Fallout 3 in how bleak it is, with society barely recovering yet, compared to the East Coast in Fallouts 1, 2 and NV where the NCR has managed to take over California as a govenment and made it a proper country again. This could be very Mad Max.

Yeah, it’s gonna be interesting. There’s gonna be a lot of new lore and such because it’s the earliest fallout game, like you said before.

It’s definitely going to be cool to see what was happening in this time period. Bethesda has a lot of story and lore they have to make as well.

Count me out, lol.

Atm I am more hyped for a guy on /r/fallout who said he drinks a bottle of tabasco if this is not a remaster.

Hahaha true, Bethesda games are full of bugs and they annoy me every time, a new update messed up the Confidence Man mission, so when I tried to play Fallout 4 for the second time, his voice on the radio didn’t change after that mission this time, I guess he wasn’t more confident as he was before that mission :cry:, but I stopped playing it after that :flushed:.

I’ve read actually that most people prefer Travis to be shy and quiet over being confident, I guess it was a sign lmao.

@Urben one of the guys on the subreddit said they’ll eat a shoe. Looking forward to that as well.

I don’t mind bugs, it’s just them making shitty Fallout games. They took the rpg adventure element almost completely out of FO4 and made it a crafting fps with slight rpg hints.

The only Fallout I consider to be canon is New Vegas, since FO2 and yes I’m aware I sound like a pretentious butthole.

Did you like FO3? That one had more rpg elements and choices compared to FO4. However the main story in 3 was more limited compared to NV and the older ones.