Everything Fallout, the post-apocalyptic retro-futuristic role-playing game

76 could just be the name of the town rebuilt after the vault opened… they never bothered to change the name and everyone refers to the main HUB as 76… it’s said it’s in virginia, so perhaps it’s an appalachian mountainous style game?

i don’t really buy into the 20 years later idea… not yet anyways lol…

Agree.

I haven’t played non of those games, so the last real Fallout RPG game is for me Fallout 3 :grinning:.

No I didn’t, I don’t know why, maybe because Bethesda didn’t make it, same with ESO I had PS3 when it was out F: NV I mean, I think it was released during PS3 era?

Yeah, i couldn’t even visit Sanctuary without him starting to give me new mission, so I tried my best to stay out of his way and avoid settlers missions :joy:.

Eh I give them the chance to have learned from the feedback. They are not EA after all. :joy:

Did you play NV? It’s understandable if you haven’t because it’s pretty buggy on PC and not on the newer consoles.

I’LL MARK IT ON YOUR MAP

Both Fallout 3 and 4 are good games on their own, however they are terrible Fallout games.

Yeah, you could see the feedback of adding more RPG elements in the FO4 DLC Far Harbor. That DLC had a ton of choices and options despite the limited options of talking.

I can see why you’d say that, yeah. I think the only limiting factor of NV is the world as a whole, which I think Bethesda is best at making, Fallout 4’s open world was awesome imo.

If only we could have the best of those 2 factors, like Obsidian writes the game and then Bethesda designs it. However that’d never happen.

@Grim @theinternet11

Fallout 3 was amazing because it was a huge step up from Fallout 1 & 2. Just like GTA 3 was to 1 & 2. 99% of the game was a whole new experience for us, mechanically, technically and atmospherically. The only thing that stays on is the story and lore.

New Vegas is a brilliant addition (Like Vice City), because it never declared itself to be a big hit from the get go - it calls itself a spin off. And the efforts succeeded the expectations of many as they had lower expectations when hearing it’s a spin off.

Fallout 4 cannot add much more to what has already been done in the previous games, so it has to just elaborate, improve and add a few new things without compromising the whole framework of the IP and what it stands for. When you declare the main successor IP, people relive that moment they experienced 3 and expect that same rush again which isn’t going to happen. Not even to any generation ahead (unless they play old games lol)

So it actually adds about 15% actually innovative newcomers to the game:

• Seamless areas
  • Base Building
  • Reformed Power Armour
  • Helicopter

It won’t have that same impact has when F3 is shown in comparison to F2 and a lot of people take that for granted because eventually we’ll get to a point where everything has been done in mechanics, but reskinned and it’ll flop. Look at COD. They don’t add anything every year and now they’ve replaced features, it’s gotten worse.

This one is by another team. Battlecry Studios

i’m really starting to like the idea that instead of calling this a specific region or something, it’s just called 76 because after the vault opened it’s doors, it rebuilt society around it… and because of the patriotic significance of the number 76, they kept it… and so region surrounding it became known as the 76, instead of new virginia or something…

i bet the main hub of this area might have a different name, but the region might just be called the 76… just a thought :sunglasses:

According to Kotaku, it’s online based :confused:

I swear if they do Fallout Battle Royale -_-

why not call it fallout: online then?

I hope it isn’t a bait and switch. If it is an online thing, I would rather they be upfront about it, rather than drop that bombshell at E3.

I dunno. because it’s just set in 2076 maybe.

before the war? that’s highly unlikely lol…

Or it could be set it in 2102, the date shown in the Fallout 76 trailer.

Fallout 4 had a bit just before too.

for a time yes, there might be some pre-war stuff, but i don’t see the fun in basing a game off the past, with all the lore they’ve built for the future…

Who knows though. Todd does I guess lol.

But this worries me:

Development
Initially, in 2004, Bethesda Softworks licensed from Interplay Entertainment the rights to create and publish three Fallout games (Fallout 3, Fallout: New Vegas and Fallout 4). Later, in 2007, Bethesda purchased the entire franchise, and Interplay licensed back from Bethesda the rights to a Fallout MMORPG. The legal dispute is now over, with Bethesda Softworks and its in-house development studio retaining the rights to all of the Fallout franchise, including an MMO.

Also notice no NPCs in the Vault.

…perhaps it’s the setup before the people are invited in?? lol we’ll be speculating for days :laughing: