Everything STAR WARS! [Spoiler tags mandatory]

Can’t they just cast new actor?

I don’t think they’d recast one of the big three. But if her role was crucial to the story, maybe they have to

There are definitely many choices, CGI, makeup, recast or re-write the story. But i found find it directly distastful if they choose to recast Leia and not very honorable of her memory, especially so close to her death. Another thing is that i don’t think this would sit well with the majority of fans, Carrie Fisher played one if not the most beloved movie Princess in the history of film in one of most influential movie franchises in the history of pop culture. It’s not an easy task to replace a person who been synonym with a character for almost 40 years.

The dream scenario, would be something respectful to pay her tribute. I hope to see what Fast and the Furious did for Paul Walker, to be done for Carrie Fisher.

Just saw Rogue one.

It’s pretty damn good. I like the more, gritty, more ‘realistic’ approach they took. For once, the stormtroopers aren’t total retards, apart from a few scenes.

CGI was also wonderful.

People are ‘complaining’ that there wasn’t enough Vader, but boy, the scenes he was in…, especially the last one. The scarce amount of Vader scenes made it even more epic.

I’m glad there wasn’t more Vader, it was never his movie. He was there just the right amount of time.

Btw, did vader have a ‘new’ force power in the last scene? Looks like he force pushed a blaster bolt

Not sure if it’s new per say, we havn’t seen it used in the movies. We know he can absorb blaster bolds we see that in Empire, when Han tried to shot him. But i guess that a blaster bold can be force pushed just as well as any other materials. I believe that it have been done both in the Legacy comics/books as well as the new canon.

Also Darth Vader’s own comic from Marvel (new canon) is damn good reading.

Just finished it. Didn’t think it was that special. I thought it was a lot of out character and cringe worthy to me.

I think this illustrates why it would be really difficult to create a Darth vader spin off movie.

I think Vader himself was very nice written, but i will agree that some of the characters was less interesting. But i can’t recall it all, i have been reading it since it came out, so my judgment might be clouded.

It was okay until episode 3 or something where he teamed up with the you know who. Then I was like, nope, nope, nope. Totally out of character for me. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think the good thing about comics is that they are able to do other things, then what we can see in the movies. But i don’t really agree with Dr. Aphra, even though i wasn’t a fan of the character. It was very evident from the start that she was a means towards an end, and it’s not like it ends well for her.

But here is a quick Star Wars poll, about your favorit canon Sith and Jedi. Some members in the Jedi order might be missing, but there are damn many. Also i had to create a new post for each poll, because it demanded a name and it could not get it to work.

Favorit Sith

• Darth Bane
  • Darth Plagueis
  • Darth Sidious
  • Darth Maul
  • Darth Tyranus
  • Darth Vader

0 voters

Favorit Darkside User (non Sith)

• Asajj Ventress
  • Savage Opress
  • Mother Talzin
  • Supreme Leader Snoke
  • Kylo Ren
  • Son (the ones)
  • The Grand Inquisitor

0 voters

Favorit Jedi Knights

• Yoda
  • Mace Windu
  • Qui-gon Jinn
  • Obi-wan
  • Anakin Skywalker
  • Luke Skywalker
  • Kit Fisto
  • Ki-Adi Mundi
  • Kanan Jarrus / Caleb Dume
  • Plo Koon

0 voters

Other Lightside Force Users

• Father (the Ones)
  • Daughter (the Ones)
  • Ahsoka Tano
  • the Bendu
  • Maz Kanata
  • Rey

0 voters

I know that Ahsoka use to be a jedi, but she never got through Knighthood, so i chosen to add her to other lightside force users.

Ewan McGregor was a great Obi-wan.

Yeah him and Ian McDiarmid are the best things about the Prequels. But my favorit Jedi is Qui-gon Jinn, in my head he is the embodiment of a Jedi, or how they should be.

Ep 8 title revealed

http://a.dilcdn.com/bl/wp-content/uploads/sites/6/2017/01/viii-logo-tall-1536x864-651415218878.jpg

Mace windy is the best. I don’t know why, probably cus his lightsaber is purple.

I like this title right from the begning, where Force Awakens had to win me over by time and getting use to it. I can’t wait to see the first trailer!

Episode 8 name confirmed