Favourite Hitman game

Post your favourite Hitman game and why it’s your favourite!
Mine is Hitman 2: Silent Assassin. Not only did it introduce me to the franchise, but it’s an awesome game that still holds up, even today. The graphics are great for 2002, the story is good, the controls are responsive, it’s just a beautiful game. Oh, and Mr. 17 is one of my favourite Hitman characters, he was a way better oponent than Mark Parchezzi for 47.
(Made this topic out of boredom so it maybe won’t be seen by many. :P)

Hitman 2016, or season 1. It is not flawless, and is missing some things that I would call important, but the gameflow has never felt better and the maps have never been as intricate and well-designed as they are now. In my opinion, at least.

6 Likes

Must admit, HITMAN is my third favourite Hitman game. Such an improvement over Absolution!

1 Like

Codename 47 of course.

2 Likes

Never played it until last year, boy was that an interesting start to such an amazing franchise.

1 Like

Best story: SA
Best experience: 2016
Best musics: C47
Overall: 2016

1 Like

I almost agree on everything; 2016 for me was too easy. I like games that challenge me, and while it’s a very good game, I prefer others. :3

You may want to update your original post to say ‘Silent’ instead of ‘Sniper’. I was confused for a while.

2 Likes

Shit! Thanks for letting me know. What’s your favourite Hitman game, anyways?

About the gameplay, missions, atmosphere…
Blood Money >>> Contracts >>> HITMAN 2016 >>> Silent Assassin >>> Codename 47 >>> Absolution

About the soundtrack
Blood Money >>> Contracts >>> Silent Assassin >>> Codename 47 >>> Absolution >>> HITMAN 2016

3 Likes

Hitman™ is good and has the potential to become the best game ever, but it still needs some improvements to get the top place…

3 Likes

Best Story: Hitman: Codename 47 & Hitman: Silent Assassin;
Best Atmosphere: Hitman: Contracts & Hitman: Blood Money
Best Experience: Hitman: Blood Money
Best Gameplay: Hitman: Blood Money & HITMAN (2016)
Best Music: Hitman: Codename 47
Best Contract Mode: Hitman: Absolution (I miss the opportunity to earn money and personalize my weapons, otherwise HITMAN is better)

1 Like

Best Story/Character: HITMAN
Best Atmosphere/Levels: HITMAN
Best Gameplay: HITMAN
Best Music: Sient Assassin (I might be a post-Absolution fanboy but I will never dis Jesper Kyd)
Best Extended Content: HITMAN

While HITMAN does miss some features that are ‘classic’ Hitman I do think it is better than those old ones and at least better than Absolution

1 Like

Oh I love your “Dear (Hitman game) developers” posts :smile:

1 Like

At this point, anything is better than Absolution

Best Story: Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
Best Atmosphere/Levels: Contracts
Best Gameplay: HITMAN (2016)
Best Music: Toss up between H2:SA and Contracts
Best Extended Content: No contest: HITMAN (2016)

1 Like

Splinter Cell: Conviction?

And yes, I partially blame SC: Conviction for Absolution. The similarities between the 2 boggle the mind sometimes.

1 Like

Gotta agree on the story. 47 being a church gardener was way too good.
And yeah, Sergei and all, but 47 is a CHURCH GARDENER

1 Like

Never played that game, sorry

Bad “joke.” LOL Sorry about that.

1 Like