No need to apologise, it’s okay
The entire “Dear Hitman Developers” topic is way better
Been with the series since Contracts (and also went back to play Silent Assassin, but not Codename 47), and HITMAN (2016) wins by light years.
I’ve played every game in the series except for Absolution and I must say that 2016 is easily my favorite. Mainly because I really like the gameplay and the high amount of both content and replayability. It does really feel like a continuation to Blood Money which is my second favorite.
Exactly! The open levels and the gameplay makes it a very worthy succesor.
Oh, you should definetly try Codename 47. It’s primitive, yes, but it’s a very interesting start to such an amazing franchise.
Best Story: Silent Assassin. I loved the story throughout especially the Russian levels early on.
Best Atmosphere: Contracts.
Best Experience: Contracts. I loved Contracts. It perfected a lot of the wrong stuff that was in SA and offered a equally enjoyable experience.
Best Gameplay: Blood Money.
Best Music: This was a tough one but I would say Blood Money. I loved the Apocalyse song from the Curtains Down level but SA had an equally awesome soundtrack.
The only downside, to me, that Contracts recreates Codename 47 levels (some of them, not all) in a very bland way. Other wise, it’s a fantastic game.
According to IGN, Absolution was the best Hitman LOL incredible.
You can’t spell IGN without ignorant! Did I do that right?
- Hitman Contracts- Because of the creepy atmosphere and the obvious darker tone. Also I love the music and the levels were actually great. Especially meat kings party and beldingford manor. Also I got to experience some of the codename 47 levels I never played (cause i have never played c47). I love the setting of agent 47 bleeding out in a dark messy apartment. And it had one of or even the best finale of any of the hitman games.
- Hitman Blood Money- Some of the greatest levels in the series. And had many unique ways to kill your targets which was great at the time. I love the narrative and it was one of the first hitman games I played. Also I love the music and the addition of being able to throw objects.
- Hitman 2 Silent Assassin- I love all the different places that you visit in this game from Russia to Japan to Afghanistan just to name a few. This game had great music and a great vibe to it. But there are some downsides for example the linear and small level design, a buggy camera and the japan levels (except from tracking hayamoto). But the game is still great.
- Hitman 2016- I absolutely love how many ways you can kill people in this game. And that there is so much content and not to mention the amazing graphics. Also the fact that there were so many tools at your disposal. But for some odd reason this hitman game never really sat with me it’s strange. I dont know if its because of the episodic levels or that it was quite different from the rest of the hitman titles but I didn’t really enjoy it as much as the others but it is still good and I can see how people love it (that’s just my personal opinion)
- Hitman Absolution- This might come as a shocker but this was the first hitman I played. When I first played it I loved it because i had never played the other ones. At the time i loved the gameplay, the story and all the weapons and disguises. But now I have played other hitman titles I can see why it is so hated. Such a long wait for game that was completely different to its predecessors and that the disguise system was absolutely ruined. But this game does have some ups like having a good contracts mode and having one of the most interesting storylines in the series but it still does have a special place in my heart
P.S I have never played codename 47 or hitman 2 but I may eventually get around to playing them.( I have seen a few videos)