Featured Contracts July 21st, 2022 - Bootleg & Buccaneers

@Switcher here is my strat,while everyone doing the same thing

3 Likes

I want to ask, doesn’t it mean that only contracts that conform to the theme style can be selected, but look at these characteristic contracts, how many of them are in line with the theme style? What do you think of IOI? Is it easy to choose which one just looks at the cover, or do you choose whichever one you don’t look at at at all?

1 Like

Bruh gg, great use of a unique start

Wow! Just came back from a few days off to see my contract got picked! Now I’m interested to see some different strats…

3 Likes
2 Likes

You NEED to recreate it with a twist for the next FC poll, or im going to do it. Legendarirus contractius

1 Like

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

There is already a FC from H2 that used all 3 of Sniper Assassin winners and brought forward to H3, and I’d hate to waste a FC spot with a duplicate that. While the contracted loosely fit the bootleg them with the Mod Tools, it was primarily for the enjoyment of the HMF community, Urben, and Clemens with a chuckle from the joke (and if it did get featured, more power to me).

However, given the response to The Mods Must Stop!, I am willing to entertain other 47 v. Urben contract possibilities if the timing and theme is right (I feel it was in this case, given the increased use of HCCF with the PC submissions and Kevin Rudd’s previously featured contract with the toolkit representing the bootleg part of the theme, Urben’s selection for the April Fool’s contract, and not to mention Urben’s esteemed standing in the HMF community).

However, with the law of diminishing returns, constantly submitting variants of this contract will result in dead ends, both in terms of submission and the fact that the joke has been told. It would be best if I moved this to the HMF fan contracts if I decide to flush out this idea (most likely starting September given my project scheduled at work this month). I already alluded to the background of 47 v. Urben last December with my Ghost of Urben Past briefing joke for my submission (spoiler alert: it did not end well for Urben).

In addition, there is nothing stopping Clemens from using this contract in the future as he sees fit, nor anyone selected as a curator if and when Curated Contracts return.

Appreciate the contract and its joke for what it was and that it happened.

2 Likes

Ofcourse the joke will dry if you use it too many times, but you can always sneak in a little hint here and there. Well said stranger on the internet.

1 Like