Featured Contracts October 20th, 2022 - Halloween

oh shit charlie congrats man

Npl man, i love being part of this community and giving back what I’ve worked on, i hope you enjoy! :heart:

1 Like

of course man i will always enjoy

Finally came back to contract mode after abandoning it for almost a year (and some FCs that overused the sieker / emetic briefcase by making random NPC in the middle of crowds a target).

So far, I like this batch :slight_smile: Complex enough to make you think, and plan. Not so much that you have to create a Rube Goldberg machine, or tempted to cheese them.

Only had the time for two : Hitman in the Iron Mask by @zubin47

And The Haunted Mansion by @Steventjeeee

They are fun.

3 Likes

@The_Elite_Institute

Hmm hmm hmm

3 Likes

Definitely enjoyed playing these contracts, my special thanks to @SirCallywag’s contract which allowed me to get my first ever #1 on the leaderboard position! I know there’s much more complex achievements and contracts out there, but I’m proud of the progress I have made since 2016 for sure. No doubt I will also get overtaken later on :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Thanks it was my first featured contract and I am happy to see people enjoying it.

4 Likes

Thanks your contract is really fun.

All done.
Great batch, with great contracts. Happy to have restarted playing contract mode with them.

Hitman in the Iron Mask by @zubin47
It’s a broadsword contract. I might have veered too much on the side of caution playing it by sending a guard on the other side of the castle with a placed weapon while I eliminated and hided his colleague. The contract is here to have fun with the broadsword and a medieval armour, and it delivers.

The Haunted Mansion by @Steventjeeee
The contract looks a lot like Baskerville Barney escalation. It feels like it can be really speedrunned with the right smooth route. Personally I took it as an opportunity to eliminate Alexa while she was screaming in a pillow with a propane flask from a hidden room, which is always a good time.

American Psycho by @teddyfilmore
The book adaptation I didn’t know I wanted. Gameplay is not the most complex, with the exception of the fire axe elimination which demands a bit more preparation. It has great utilization of the NPCs and location variety. I do think that I will remember the flavour of this contract in future New York run though.

Hirsch (Harsh) Uprising by @Charlie_Farmer
One of the simplest one here. I never say no to running around in Berlin with Rolf Hirschmuller disguise and a shotgun. Not a lot to say, with the right loadout it can be done in a few minutes, and a single try.

Jeff’s Nightmare by @mkSolas
Simple, effective, fun. Largest complication are the cameras, since the striker is non silenced, but it’s nothing a shot from the corridor of the morgue can’t do. mkSolas, you made me use the service tunnel in Hokkaido, something I haven’t done in a long time. Ta on that.

The Vengeance of Count 47 by @SirCallywag
I genuinely love contracts that contain themself to one area and make the player gain full mastery of it and of the NPCs inside. The Paris Attic was great for it. The melee kill make it all the more intimate. Since it’s a vampire contract it even makes thematic sense (Halloween obviously, but also the personal territory and intimacy side of it).

Perfect Organism by @The_Elite_Institute
The one I had to restart the most, majority of the time because of some absurd angle of vision. Necessitates a lot of pacifications, and quite a bit of waiting. Maybe one of the guard at the lowest level is one too many for the smoothest of contracts, but the rest (especially the route to identify and execute) is potent.

And obligatory :

4 Likes

Well, I’ll be a mummy’s uncle! What a treat! 2nd featured contract with my 2nd favorite holiday as the theme. Thank you to the guys and ghouls at IO and congratulations to @zubin47 @Steventjeeee @Charlie_Farmer @mkSolas @SirCallywag and @The_Elite_Institute for the feature!!

Played a good amount of the Playstation submissions this week and thoroughly enjoyed them. Time to crank up the holiday mix and slaughter these FC’s.

Happy Halloween everybody!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOnqjkJTMaA

5 Likes

Well, 7 1-star attempts later and all are completed. Also got the sandman outfit. Happy Halloween all!

3 Likes

you too pal happy halloween

Switchey go speed!

@Steventjeeee

3 Likes

Deamn, that was really fast. Great job! :laughing:

1 Like
6 Likes

10 Likes

@zubin47

3 Likes

Treat!