[Feedback] Buying the Makeshift and Street pack is detrimental to your Freelancer campaign + suggestion how to fix

I think the Makeshift and Street pack items should have their obtainability changed. Mainly, I don’t think they should replace other vendor items on Freelancer missions. Most of the weapons are unsilenced weapons, and they are rather expensive in the Freelancer vendors shop. The problem with this is that a novice that just started out playing Freelancer will have a large amount of useful items become unavailable to them from the vendors who will instead replace them with these packs, who cost quite a bit of merces to unlock. I think new players might struggle to get useful items because of this, and that might make them not like these packs despite actually liking the weapons and suits.

Solution: Make it so that buying the Makeshift and Street pack will unlock a “online shopping pc” in the Safehouse acting as a vendor of only those items between missions. This would make these items much more convenient to unlock for people who buy this pack, and would allow the vendors on missions to stock everything they usually would.

2 Likes

if there isn’t one already, there absolutely should be. that’d be a very cool addition.

1 Like

Maybe you could bid on items and have a XYZ% chance of getting it for a reduced price (has to be a higher price than from a supplier) you’ll be redunded the money, or maybe in hardcore mode you’ll only be refunded a lesser amount of money or none maybe?

3 Likes

Maybe after a syndicate contract is eliminated your bidded item would be added to your wall via the rewards crate. This would allow the player to actually finish a syndicate they started not accidentally fail thus raising the stakes that bit higher. But depending on how often you fail a mission depends on your %?

Just had a thought maybe depending on how far you are in a campaign you could bid for better quality gear eg the first syndicate contract you’d only be able to bid on common gear then the second syndicate contract you can bid on common and Rare gear, and so on

2 Likes

This is purely my anecdotal perspective:

I bought both packs immediately from the store before even starting to play Freelancer. It was hard in the beginning, but once I got the Assassin’s HWK21 Covert it became much easier for me to complete missions and acquire items. It was never an issue with getting silenced versions of weapons from the shop, weapon crates, or the maps themselves. It was very rare to even see any of the DLC items in the shop because they’re all Rare, Epic, or Legendary and are less likely to show up than the more common weapons. Even now I’ve only seen 6 of the 10 possible DLC items.

1 Like

And one we already suggested after the CTT :no_mouth:
I wonder whether it actually is implemented in one of the higher mastery unlocks or not…

1 Like

I mean a vendor of some random items through online shopping would be very nice as well, and the makeshift and street art packs could be their own “member exclusive vendor website”.

3 Likes