FIFA World Cup 2022 | Qatar ⚽

It’s time for the world cup again! In about 10 days, the global phenomena comes back. Feels like yesterday when I watched Germany tearing Brazil apart 7-1, but turns out it was over 8 years ago.

Share thoughts, predictions, memories and more! The group stage draw is the following:

Groups Teams
Group A Qatar, Ecuador, Senegal, Netherlands
Group B England, Iran, USA, Wales
Group C Argentina, Saudi Arabia, Mexico, Poland
Group D France, Australia, Denmark, Tunisia
Group E Spain, Costa Rica, Germany, Japan
Group F Belgium, Canada, Morocco, Croatia
Group G Brazil, Serbia, Switzerland, Cameroon
Group H Portugal, Ghana, Uruguay, South Korea

Iran is not in a good situation, with Queiroz coming back only a month ago and not having enough friendly matches or even training sessions. I don’t have any hope for qualification honestly.

2 Likes

Good time for world cup
Make me forget from the freelancer
76 days too much wait

Somehow feels more like a meaningless circus than the other occasions this time round. But maybe I’ll get into it at some point.

4 Likes

This entire world cup just doesn’t sit right with me to be honest. Between the slave labour and inevitable persecution of fans, I’ll probably end up boycotting it entirely

3 Likes

My country is not in the list (as we are too much into Cricket :neutral_face:).

I am always a big fan of German football team.
Those were the days - Schweinsteiger (the Sniper - long ranger shooter), Podolski (the Cheetah - dribbler), Lahm (the pointman - leader), Klose (tacktical shooter). And tribute to Ballack, Kahn, Lehmann and so many exceptional footballers.

I will be cheering mostly for Germany and countries around Germany.

May the best team win.

2 Likes

Agree wholeheartedly, just wanted to create a place for possible talks. I’d probably end up boycotting Iran for obvious reasons.

+a cool artwork

3 Likes

The FIFA World Cup 2022 Qatar, is proudly brought to you by Indian slave labour, without whom this would not be possible.

And now a word from our sponsor, gay oppression!

Yeah I can see why they chose Adidas and Coke as the official sponsors instead.

1 Like

It’s coming home, lads!
drum

3 Likes

6-2
Couldn’t be happier with the result honestly, you deserve to lose when you betray your people.

2 Likes

Frankly, I could give a fuck about all sports, but my wife loves tuning in for the World Cup, and you know what that means, right? Yeah, yeah, I love it too. :unamused:

5 Likes

Huh, usually it’s the other way around :grin:

4 Likes

That is just me, not the wife part for 2 reasons

1. I hate sports and dislike liking anyone who does (or talks to me about it constantly) and
  2. I don’t have a wife :joy:

Yeah, I’m just so sick of America’s obsession with sports that it just killed all of it for me. Nothing would please me more than the outcry if American football were to be outlawed.

International football (soccer) is at least a more dignified and sensible sport, and having grown up in Mexico my wife loves to cheer her team on, or enjoy anyone beating Brazil’s ass, so I tolerate it during these times for her sake.

2 Likes

You should visit my local pub if you think Americas bad. :rofl:

You should go Down Under if you think the English are bad…

1 Like

★This ain’t my local pub specifically, but i got served one pint just like this :slight_smile:

20221121_203519

This is my country (and were i live)

I need to move :joy:

2 Likes

World cups should be in June. No hype whatsoever

I never followed any sports but stuff I hear about this World Cup in the news is so absurd and downright surreal…

2 Likes

There is the answer. Never should have gone to Qatar in the first place.

World cups should always be in June. There is no atmosphere whatsoever for a WC in this time of the year + it disrupts the regular competitions.

1 Like

I guess you have to brace yourself for what will come in four years then?

On the awarding-Qatar-the-World-Cup topic - watched the FIFA Uncovered documentary on Netflix last week and had a good laugh.