[Final Review & More!]Dear HITMAN™ 2 Developers[CLOSED]

About Hitman 3

Like most of people, i’ve heard about HITMAN™ 3 after looking at the surprising announcement during the Playstation 5 Livestream Event.

It was two fantastic trailers, including some gameplay and hints about what’s coming soon. It feels like a darker sequel, closer of the roots of the franchise.

Also, getting to release the game in 2021 is a smart move, giving you more time to make the game like needed, especially after what happened in HITMAN™ 2 and it’s probably HUGE backlog :grimacing:

I’m wishing you the best for the release, despite the fact that i won’t preorder the game for lots of reasons…

Why I Won’t Preorder/Buy HITMAN 3 For The Moment
3 Reasons Why

- A Catastrophic Game Release

As detailed in my Final Review, the catastrophic launch of the game made me reconsider preordering the next one :confused:

- Online DRM

Locking half the content of the game through online, especially important elements like progression/mastery, ratings (even the SA tracker!) or unlocks is something that should not happen on a game like Hitman, mostly focused on a singleplayer experience.

That is a BIG factor of purchasing for me and after doing it twice, i’m not really willing to do it again :confused:

- Ending Updates Only A Year After Release

Stopping game updates only a year after release is a major letdown, especially when we see the actual state of the game :confused:

When you fixed a bug, three more appeared. It was a constant play of fixing and damaging things, whereas a year after release the game is abandoned with so much problems, and a huge backlog for HITMAN™ 3…

This sequel definitely deserved more technical support. There’s people still getting the game crashing months after the release, and not able to play the game properly :confused:

All those reasons made me consider the preorder and even the buying of HITMAN™ 3 and that’s why i won’t be part of the party this time. I will take a step back and see how things will go on in the first months of release. Maybe trying a demo if there’s something available. But certainly not preordering it this time :confused:

What’s next?

Going through all those new HITMAN games since 2016 have been an amazing experience overall, despite being seasoned with a lot of frustration and pain through all those bugs, glitches, EPIC fails and replays, EPIC targets and levels, but also moments of fun.

For all those years Io Interactive have been through an incredible amount of challenges and still managed to keep up with the market and bring a sequel to the fans of our favourite killer, 47.

Now IOI being independant, expanding in Malmö and even teaming up with WB gives me high hopes for the future of the studio. We all know how talented and capable they are and hopefully they will get all the resources and time needed to make the games how they want, and like they want.

The release of HITMAN™ 2 have disappointed me a bit compared to the awesome introduction of HITMAN™ and it’s polished experience. Even if my expectations are lower, i’m still keeping hopes for HITMAN™ 3 to be the greatest game of the trilogy and finally bring to us all a full and satisfying HITMAN entertainment in one game :+1:

As a simple fan i didn’t expect to live all of this, especially on the forums.

I just came here randomly hoping for a solid fanbase of the series and i wasn’t disappointed. Years later i’m now happy and proud to be a part of this awesome community, and i’m very excited to share with you all my upcoming projects regarding the whole Hitman universe.

That’s it! You’ve reached the end of the topic :blush:

If you have any suggestion/opinion about this dedicated topic, don’t hesitate to leave a comment :blush:

Thank you for reading me, and i’m wishing you all good luck for the next :blush:

Cheers :wink:

2 Likes