First sales figures (from the UK) compared to Absolution

It’s more some mix between action and exploration within a sandbox. Very little to no true stealth.

Now Tenchu, that was a stealth game.

are morons

Yeah… I like AC, but it ain’t stealth anymore. That said, my problem with AC continues with Ubisoft overall. So many of their games play similarily. Take a look at this list:

• Far Cry 4
  • Far Cry 5
  • Assassin’s Creed Origins
  • Assassin’s Creed Odyssey
  • Ghost Recon Wildlands
  • Watchdogs 2

I’ve played everyone of those games, but looking at them they’re structured the same and basically all they swap out is the story and the fact that some uses guns and others uses melee weapons. To take this further, if you’ve ever played Splinter Cell Blacklist and watched how Sam Fisher climbs, it’s the exact same animation they use in Assassin’s Creed. In a way, I look at Blacklist as proto-Assassin’s Creed. Again, I still enjoy the games above, but originality, nuance, and uniqueness is not Ubisoft’s skill.

There really isn’t a game quite like Hitman out there.

But it is not grind by nature, I agree that loot boxes can be a predatory practice but over two whole games I have never felt the need to buy loot boxes, premium currency or timesavers. It is not my fault many people won’t put in the hard yakka to level up.

It makes perfect sense so many games try to mimic Dark Souls roll attack combat pattern that is is dumbing down combat across all RPGs and even into action-adventure games. Odyssey can still occasionally lapse into repetition.

True but everybody keeps whining about “oh it is AC it is the same every year” but now it is different people still bitch and moan. I like freedom of approach and AC is now trying give me more of it.

Not it hasn’t Hitman’s problem has always been marketing, never getting above a score of eight, it still has issues with story telling that drives people away. IO has failed to make improvements that draw in a wider audience. IO have lapsed into banking on cult appeal the problem is know it is appeal to the fans and sink slowly but surely, hope for another mysterious benefactor or make sacrifices to draw in a broader audience

I have never seen AC classified as a stealth game it was always action-adventure or some other means of classification. It just had stealth as a basis for action adventure

Well, although I enjoyed AC: Odyssey, there was so much repetition in mission types in that game. I think this is another reason why I prefered Origins. Odyssey felt to me like they were making an Origins sized game but decided to add in another 40 hours of content that was basically ‘rinse and repeat.’

And nobody’s blaming you, lol. Everyone gets why they did that: to make people pay more for progress

True enough but there is still a freedom of approach to be had and like I said earlier Ubisoft are still trying to get the formula for this right after all it wasn’t until Brotherhood it was down pat

Meanwhile, i can’t decide what i want to order for dinner. Thai? Pizza? Ribs? Burger? Sushi?

Please help me out

Well, I’ll agree with you on the freedom approach thing, something that Rockstar needs to desperately learn with their mission design.

Ribs. Always ribs.

(20 characters)

If you are a true Hitman fan you would not still be eating sushi.:joy: I would spring for pizza, pizza is god

Well, anything can be poisoned. And sushi is awesome. Pizza aswell though.

True there are a lot of lazy casuals in the world.

Ha ha ha true. But even poisoned pizza is still probably delicious.

I’m actually surprised that we’ve yet to see a pizza in the 2016 series. Who doesn’t order pizza? 47 would LOVE to poison that.

It is not my fault many people won’t put in the hard yakka to level up
Hardly your fault, but it is grindy; consider how long it takes to grind out gear and access to new missions, which is disparagingly long.

It makes perfect sense so many games try to mimic Dark Souls roll attack combat pattern that is is dumbing down combat across all RPGs and even into action-adventure games. Odyssey can still occasionally lapse into repetition.

Assassin’s Creed fails on its own by being shallow and repetitive; I seriously don’t understand how it’s Dark Souls’ fault. I am not a fan of that series by the way, purely neutral.

True but everybody keeps whining about “oh it is AC it is the same every year” but now it is different people still bitch and moan. I like freedom of approach and AC is now trying give me more of it.
The thing is that being different also doesn’t equal good.

Not it hasn’t Hitman’s problem has always been marketing
Hitman’s problems have been myriad but this does not disprove AssCreed changing the market for the worse.

As for having never seen AssCreed classified as stealth, google ‘Assassin’s Creed stealth’ for me, please. I know Wikipedia is a bad source but all AssCreed titles on there are listed as stealth. Even Ubisoft’s marketing blurbs speak of stealth…

Well we now have burgers so we must not be far off from the Pizza Party

There is a pizza on the roof in whittleton creek, referring to breaking bad

But you can’t poison it! LOL

(You’re right tho)

Is Odyssey really so much more repetitive than Origins? I really loved Origins though it was also not quite a proper stealth/AC game!

Calling people lazy casuals for not wanting to grind isn’t very clever. And it’s not just that. Maybe the story really got me intrigued and I want to get more of it as soon as possible. But I can’t cause I have to grind. And by the time I get the right level I already can’t remember much details about the main plot events. Or maybe I am a very busy person who doesn’t have that much time to grind. Or maybe I am just not interested in it. And so on and so forth. Protecting such business practises won’t do much good for the industry.