Fix the friggin 0x8000003 bug!

How long has this been an issue??? Too long. I doubt you guys are even trying to fix it… Yes I’ve tried every possible fix, yes I have an RTX 2080 Super, yes I’ve tried dx12 and every fix known to man. Nothing fixes it.

Please for the love of God, fix the bug, so many people have given up playing this game because of it. I love Hitman, help me play it.

2 Likes

It’s not a HITMAN 2 only issue, it happens in other games. The problem is more on NVIDIAS part than IOs.

3 Likes

Wrong. Nvidia has made it clear that it is a game issue.

Than why it happens in other games? Well the fact is it’s not HITMAN 2 only problem that’s confirmed.

Because the error can exist in other games. But I’ve never heard of it happening in anything other than Hitman. I really just want my game… :frowning:

Not Wrong. The recent F1 racing game is affected, GTA5 is affected, H1Z1 is affected, Shadow of the Shogun is affected. For the results of the first few google sites. Some devs, like the one of Shadow of the Shogun even said this can’t be fixed from their side.
IO is still trying but it is possible NVIDIA has to make it work. Sadly if you tried all suggested fixes there is not much left to try for you. :frowning:

5 Likes

I read somewhere that Nvidia claimed it to be the game. Oh well… I guess I’ll wait another year and see if it’s fixed.

A potential fix is using the Vulkan renderer. Try to do that:

Note that enforces you to use DX11 features instead of DX12.

1 year since today with DX11. It’s the Hitman 2’s 0x80000003 birthday :cake: First time my game crashed
on the night of 8th to 9th of November 2018 with this error code.

Unfortunately it happens on other games too with Turing, not many but on some other like SOTTR or Battlefield V (but it seems fixed by Nvidia/DICE). Later in 2019 with drivers 430.x, Nvidia introduced a new bug in their driver resulting to 0x80000003 but this time with DX12 for Hitman 2 and SOTTR. I play both of these games so it happened to me pretty often. Then Nvidia released a new driver late october to fix that. It works well, my game does not crash anymore with both of these games.

But this bug remains after 1 year for Hitman 2 DX11. You can use DXVK if DX12 doesn’t help you.

I helped a friend last week to fix the same crash for his RTX2080Ti with Hitman 2 DX12 (he could not play more than 15 minutes, and did not want to use DXVK) by using the Nvidia reference clock speeds for his GPU. Nvidia has added a feature called “Debug Mode”, which will downclock any factory overclocked graphics card to Nvidia reference clock speeds. To turn on Debug Mode, open the Nvidia Control Panel , then go to the Help menu , and check the Debug Mode option.

Did you try that ?

3 Likes

Great to hear that. Do you have some links for all of this examples ? Thx :slight_smile:

[Grand Theft Auto V]: The game frequently crashes.

• NVIDIA is working with the application developer to resolve the issue.

That’s an interesting idea, I have not tried it, I will have to.

Edit: in regards to the debug mode

I can play for longer nowadays, but the crash happens from time to time. I usually ain’t so sensitive to crashes, but in the recent year(s) a lot of crashes happens, and now adding RDR2 to the list. PC gaming is starting to get, a bit, tedious. You come to a point where you ask yourself why even bother. It surely have had an impact for me about buying H3, you start to think twice.

Note there are also frequent gpu updates that can play a role.

Also note circumstances can cause that affected people are only experiencing this crash at only one/ a few of the games. Just as not every player has Hitman crashes, not everyone has GTA5 crashes. Despite maybe having another crashing game.

If it was a clearly identifiable bug, both devs and Nvidia could fix it. You can make assumptions but note even directX experts have trouble getting to the root of it.

1 Like

Still you can’t just be sure this is a proof it is IO’s fault. Otherwise GTA would have zero such crashes, like every other game.

The background for Hitman being so vulnerable can also be related to the used features of DirectX IO included in their engine. It could be a specific feature or combination of them that is more frequently occurring in Hitman than in GTA.

Is every system with Turing cards affected?

On steam, RTX is used by < 5% of all players according to official steam stats. And Hitman is currently rated at 88% on steam since December 2018. This TDR turing issue affected a very very small minority of players, including me for about 7 months.

It’s not IO fault.

Later in 2019 with drivers 430.x, Nvidia introduced a new bug in their driver resulting to 0x80000003 but this time with DX12 for Hitman 2 and SOTTR. I play both of these games so it happened to me pretty often. Then Nvidia released a new driver late october to fix that. It works well, my game does not crash anymore with both of these games.

“IO are the ones at fault here.”

Please.

“I read often enough IO is given the fault, so do I now”

Another example of a 0x80000003 (TDR bug) fixed by Nvidia but this time for Pascal back in June 2019. And you know what ? At this time, Hitman 2 had exactly the same issue for Pascal too !!

Nvidia released a hot fix 2 weeks after :

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/4828/~/geforce-hotfix-driver-version-431.18

Shadow of the Tomb Raider may experience a game crash or TDR when launching game on Pascal GPU

“IO are the ones at fault here.” I am not convinced sorry.

It’s funny, 2 games that have the same crashing issues in June and in August at the same time and Nvidia released a hotfix each time.

Maybe the DX11 0x80000003 issue with Turing is not Nvidia fault, maybe. But you can’t tell that all CTD are always IOI’s fault. Nvidia struggled to fix Turing on some games, and Hitman 2 suffered about Nvidia mistakes.