Freelancer - General Discussion

Would you believe these are already the friendly toned-down versions of the challenges, & they were originally asking for things like 10,000 syndicate members

6 Likes

I am aware of that, yes. I just remember someone on here a while back suggesting further toned down values for the challenges and I wanted to reiterate their suggestion. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m about a third of the way through my first hardcore campaign and I’m mostly loving it.

This is a game where I love to experiment and dick around and push the boundaries of what I can get away with. I did a lot of that with normal Freelancer, and died regularly. It’s taken me a few months now to re-train my brain to be methodical and patient — which is critical to success in hardcore mode.

I also am glad I waited until the most recent patch for some bug fixes and basic QOL changes. The Prestige Objective “category” system is something I really wanted and am very grateful for, even if it does make the mode less punishing. I do not respond well to time trials.

After a successful hardcore run, I’ll start this new prestige path thingy.

3 Likes

I enjoyed my Hardcore run much more than I originally anticipated. Thankfully I was quite lucky and got a lot of ‘Headshot Kill-Legendary’ & ‘Melee Weapon Kill’ objectives rather than the Timed Challenge ones. Think I maybe got two or three or them during my entire run, so it wasn’t too bad and this was before the game update :grinning:

1 Like

I’ve mentioned before that I still had issues with the “Arrange a meeting” prestige objective after the big patch a couple of days ago.
https://www.hitmanforum.com/t/freelancer-general-discussion/17691/3438?u=jan342)

Today, I got the second chance to try that particular PO and it worked this time :partying_face:.
I again used a phone with the target’s meeting type and the objective registered as completed as soon as I put the phone down.

I can’t tell you why it worked this time, it still seems random to me. But at least it’s working some of the time :wink:

7 Likes

For a reminder…

To know what color phone you’ll need to lure the Leader. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

Hardcore Campaign Failed.

That shit sucks.

12 Likes

With such an oversight on how the “Perfect Run” objective behaves, I’m beginning to suspect that nobody at IOI plays Hardcore mode either :joy::ok_hand:

11 Likes

I’m guessing it’s the same bug that I’ve seen mentioned with “no witnesses”: “kill only targets” is only completed when you exit the level, and will show up as completed in the results screen - but the HC PO check happens at the time you exit, before the cutscene, and at this moment “kill only targets” is not completed yet - so the campaign will fail despite all objectives appearing complete.

It’s probably gonna be extremely hard to fix that unless IOI implements an entirely new way of checking the mission failure state, that doesn’t involve the “mission failed” cutscene at all. In the meantime… don’t take “perfect run” as a PO in HC when there’s an objective that cannot be completed before exiting :confused:

3 Likes

Think this highlighting further because I have a strange feeling more and more people are going to try it and come across this very issue :confused:

1 Like

So yeah uh Perfect Run’s totally working as intended

16 Likes

So I believed that in order to Prestige, I needed the Concrete Art and the Makeshift items as I own those two DLC packs. I just Prestiged with these items missing - so they aren’t required even if you own the DLC after all.

So save your Merces while you grind by avoiding these items in the supplier stores. These items aren’t needed.

16 Likes

As much as I do applaud them for the various fixes they did make, I’d like to idly speculate on which reality we’re living in:

1. QA are incompetent
  2. QA are not incompetent, these issues are known, but it gets released anyway because “schedule”
  3. QA? what’s QA?

I’m betting on 2, purely because I refuse to believe teams could be playtesting and miss things as glaringly obvious as Perfect Run being broken on hardcore - and now this too.

That said, testing of all these objective combinations is something you could (and should) validate in unit testing without needing anyone to even play the game.

3 Likes

Can we have normal names for the equipment? Instead of having Flash grenade Mk 300 or Breaching CHarge mk 9000, just Flash grenade and Breaching charge. And who cares if we could get the normal flash grende from some very sparse guards? The names are all weird

2 Likes

These “beat the mission & failed anyway” things aren’t consistent between players/systems, some people never get them ever. You could breed the world’s most hyper-competent QA tester in a lab but if the bug doesn’t strike they won’t know it’s there.

1 Like

I had a feeling this would be the case. The problem is, not buying them feels like it takes just as long - because they’re always taking up spots in the store.

Weird how the people who didn’t buy the DLC benefit more…

Having said that, I love my scrap SMG. It’s my go to weapon.

Edit: yeah it’s not worth avoiding them. They’re taking up all the slots in the supplier, for the past 5 maps I’ve visited. Just buy them and get it out of the way, it’s easier.

1 Like

lel. If you’re going to Prestige after finishing a campaign, it’s possible to get to the laptop and perform the reset before the Campaign Completed Bonus is applied and you’ll still get awarded it.

Now I’m starting my next reset with 60,000 Merces (I opened the Syndicate Reward Crate but didn’t take the Merces until after performing the reset). :laughing:

8 Likes

You don’t need to buy the Makeshift and Street Art weapons in order to advance to the next Prestige Level. However, once you’re getting close to having all regular weapons and tools on the wall, it becomes more and more difficult to buy the remaining items, since the vendors will more likely offer Makeshift and Street Art gear instead of the items that you need.

However, there is a nice little trick as mentioned by @hitdude above.

I’ve just tried it and it works like a charm :partying_face:
Big shout-out to hitdude for this super simple yet effective idea!

6 Likes

Just lost the final showdown because I tried using one of the handover suspects’ bombs & I didn’t expect the explosion to be so massive it hit me from clear across the room :sob:

Also kind of off-topic but I started using a PS5 controller the other day (on PC) & the game seems to be slowing down and/or crashing a lot more often, is this just a coincidence or is it like a known thing?

1 Like

So after my last experience with the hardcore mode where I swore I would never touch it again, I today felt like doing another run and seeing how it goes.
Needless to say I did it first try (with some resets here and there - you know how spawns and lookouts can be), took me around 5-6 hours (with highs as quick neutralize lookout/assassin objectives to lows as long SA/SO showdown goose chase).

Now I can finally continue grinding for merces and weapons and take it easy without the black brusier suit looming above me.

10 Likes