Freelancer - General Discussion

It’s finally here! Have a good time everyone!

5 Likes

Enjoy everyone!!

I’ve been waiting a long time for this (sadly I can’t play just yet but I am stoked!)

Any sign of new day/night changes to some of the maps?

2 Likes

WTF is this? XD IOI please don’t just don’t go this path…

5 Likes

Huh. I can just travel to New York despite not owning it. Is it intentional that they have all the maps available despite ownership? I wouldn’t have thought so.

2 Likes

Does it still have a split screen when you first enter the mode, like it did in CTT, allowing you to either start playing on the left, or to play the launch trailer on the right?

1 Like

So far I’m loving it. This is basically what Hitman should be about. Well done IO for capturing the feel of travelling the World of Assassination. You have one last job - Customisation (and elevators lol)

4 Likes

Ooo new thing new thing

3 Likes

In Regards To Gear Capacity.

It seems that gear capacity only affects items you buy from the merchant or whatever you have in your Safehouse Currently.

For Example, Hackl 9S dropped by a guard in China won’t affect your Gear Capacity if picked up til you go complete your current contract and return to your Safehouse.

I don’t know if this is the intended effect but 47 still has “bottomless” pockets if a specific criteria is met with item pickups.

2 Likes

This is fun! Can’t wait to unlock the bathroom!

6 Likes

Yeah certainly seems like it. Quite unusual. Maybe hard mode will carry the weight mechanic over.

Can anyone confirm ps4 download size? :pray:

Anybody got the civillian kill penalty and if it affects guards?

Unintended Effects led to Lucrative Reward

Unlock Criteria: Die

8 Likes

Found in safe in China.

19 Likes

Not sure if it’s a future unlockable, but it would make sense to be able to buy/order equipment at the safe house rather than Diana’s Lootbox.

2 Likes

Was that supposed to be for the berlin easter egg.

Eric Torrance

E. T. - “phone home”

10 Likes

I love that IO finally organized the challenges for things like ETs and escalations but I wish the Freelancer challenges were also organized better (challenges for killing X syndicate members bunched together, challenges for collecting 10 of a type of weapon bunched together, challenges for taking out a certain syndicate type bunched together, etc.)

9 Likes

Pretty sure this is meant to say NOT benefit. Alerted Territories’ Targets see through your default disguise.

7 Likes

So, first Showdown (and third Freelancer mission) complete. I still have no idea how to spot an assassin or lookout, I just get HUD warnings, which in a crowd isn’t so useful.

1 Like

The Assassin will be following one of your targets so they will likely interrupt your attack.

The lookout is easy to find as they are basically an Enforcer who will trigger the target into escaping.

4 Likes