Freelancer - General Discussion

I haven’t followed your streams but that pay-out tells me you’ve been goon for completion of all objectives. That’s very impressive and I guess that explains you had such a hard time completing a campaign.
I’ve only completed two so far, but by ignoring some of the side and prestige objectives.

2 Likes

Wait, but, what?

I don’t remember the scenario but I definitely did have SA voided with an accident, and other users have reported this happening too. I’m not moving dead bodies when this happens.

If accidents don’t fail the “no bodies found” requirement of Silent Assassin Prestige Objective, that opens things way up. I’m going to have to test this a bit more thoroughly.

This is why I said the electro phone wouldn’t help for SA, since in most cases you’d do it out in the open and the body would be found.

Again, other people have confirmed what I thought was the working mechanic. Will do some testing.

You betcha!

8 Likes

I didn’t get to see you do that live, but well done!

1 Like

I’ll get more videos tonight (of actual kills on targets) after I’m home from work but I tried this and this didn’t void SA either.

3 Likes

In case anyone ever wondered about this, you can disable the surveillance and still destroy the disabled cameras later, and it’ll count for the objective. I was wondering beforehand if the objective fails immediately if you disable it before shooting any 3 cameras.

11 Likes

Conversely, for the Safe Explosion objective: if you crack the code with the items, even if you blow it up to open the safe, it will not complete the objective. :slightly_frowning_face:

4 Likes

Maybe you had “no bodies found” as an extra objective? Since even if you manage to keep SA, accidental and poison kills will fail that objective if the body is witnessed :x

For those who don’t use Twitch, it might be worth mentioning that Freelancer has caused a substantial growth in viewership since it’s release. Quite a few big streamers have been playing in recent weeks, and streamers from the Hitman community have been seeing large spikes in viewership too.

I just happened to check the ‘most viewed’ categories on Twitch and was pleasantly surprised to see HITMAN breaking into the top 50. As it happens, it’s currently in 47th place.

18 Likes

Cool cool

It might even be more than that, as the PS5 Hitman 3 I streamed a few days now, has always defaulted to the Games and Demos section.

I bet it has to do with the Playstation copy still being named “Hitman 3” despite the branding change

2 Likes

I just noticed that “no bodies found” gives 1k while SA gives 2k. No bodies found uses to be even harder than SA since not even body accidents can be shown.

Do devs even read this topic?

Loving this Curtains Down reference from Blood Money.

10 Likes

Wait why 1/ is Ocarina of Time in there 2/ does it have almost as many viewers as Elden Ring :thinking:

1 Like

Just clicked on that category and the viewership is dominated by an ongoing event at the ‘European Speedrunner Assembly’…

2 Likes

Harsh lesson learned today: if you get the shrine start in Mendoza, then KO the guard who walks down in front of it as soon as he gets down there and try to dump his body, the guard above will see it. Just lost my campaign because I was so dumbfounded by being spotted that I forgot how to equip my gun and aim for a second. I “only” lost my Krugermeier… :sob:

3 Likes

OK I tried to setup an explosive accident in Ambrose’s boat hangar with one of those red canisters and it exploded in my face as soon as the wrench animation was over (and since it was alerted Ambrose I obviously failed the campaign, just when I had almost rebuilt my tool stash -_-). Is that kind of thing supposed to happen? I think I’ll stick to the tried-and-true “craft a couple explosives as gifts to the targets” for Ambrose now :x

But an extra objective is separate from the SA objective. I still don’t understand how he’s losing SA with bodies found with accidents. Gonna test this out very shortly.

1 Like

Just found out that Leader can also share tells not just looks. Just agenda was different. Is this a bug or a feature?

1 Like

It’s not a bug.

Only the leader will match every single aspect. Anyone else is guaranteed to not match at least one, but it can be absolutely any of them.

If you decide to kill someone without having confirmed every single thing, you’re rolling the dice.

5 Likes

Thanks for info, happened first time to me. I just remembered info in loading screen that looks can be the same and automatically assumed that tells are different.