Freelancer - Pre-Release Discussion

How likely do you think it is that Freelancer will let us play not only each of the maps, but each version of the maps? If so, is it theoretically possible that there could be a campaign that is comprised of all four versions of Sapienza: World of Tomorrow, The Icon, Landslide, and The Author?

6 Likes

I think if they have contracts mode it will be likely as they have the sandbox setup already(Maybe that is why they added Patient Zero and The Author to contracts mode). Plus would add alot more replay-ability to the mode with little work.

Now that would be really cool :wink:

1 Like

Oh that would be awesome, but didn’t all the trailers and screenshots only say “Sapienza”, “Marrakesh” and not “World of Tomorrow” or “House build on Sand”?

For me, that kinda eliminates every chance of having it on the bonus missions.

Except of course, they make it a surprise, that you only know which location, but not which mission. That would make the Season 1 maps very interesting to play.

5 Likes

Well, I assume that if there’s only one Sapienza map, it would be World of Tomorrow by default, but if there were more than one, they’d specify the names. Plus, the part shown in the reveal is not a final version so it could have been updated since then. I have my doubts they’d do this, too, but it’s possible.

Those are the names of the locations, but I doubt that means there’s only one time of day. I bet when you launch into Sapienza, one of the four missions there will be selected as part of the campaign. Hell, I hope they add more time of day variation in all of the maps to add spice to the campaign.

4 Likes

I was wondering, will there be any noticable changes on maps? I’d imagine that f.e., targets or some NPC’s from normal missions would be missing, maybe some things would be moved or removed, etc. Like, I guess Sapienza would have missing both Caruso and DeSantis, but also Lafayette or Rocco.

1 Like

Things could change, so until it actually releases who knows!? But at the moment, based off the teaser footage and info ioi has released, it doesn’t look like they’re making any changes to the maps or removing NPCs.

So far, it looks like they’ll just be adding extra NPCs: suppliers to purchase weapons/gear from, extra guards/enforcers and they even mention rival assassins (Envy mechanic!?).

But I wouldn’t expect major level reworks like the 7DS, Patient Zero or any of the Bonus missions. And if they do remove Caruso for example, it won’t be like Landslide/The Icon where his mansion becomes inaccessible. Because that’s a huge chunk of real estate (+ the lab area) that could be useful for a randomized mode like Freelancer

But again, who knows?

7 Likes

We should be getting some more Freelancer info drops this summer, after Ambrose Island drops.

And I think in terms of the teaser footage we’ve already seen, the house footage is legit, but a lot of the main level footage felt like placeholder stuff (other than the small bits with the item supplier). There wasn’t any indication of new NPCs or visual indication of any level changes, so I’m thinking that stuff wasn’t finished/in-the-works yet when they put the video together.

Given the mode was delayed too, I’m thinking/hoping there’s a lot more to Freelancer than what we were originally shown in January.

10 Likes

I guess all we’ll have to do is wait and see.

Who knows, IOI may have one or two surprises up their sleeve :wink:

5 Likes
What makes you most excited about Freelancer?
  • The safehouse
  • Decorating the safehouse
  • The concept of the campaigns
  • Random maps and targets
  • Choosing the order of your missions
  • The money system overall
  • Buying your furniture and weapons
  • Having a shooting range

0 voters

1 Like

Oh. Choose up to 8 options. Missed that.

Well YOU sure are excited buddy!

1 Like

Can’t wait for this mode

1 Like

Decorating the safehouse

Uknow

:joy: :joy: :rofl:

3 Likes

More the Concept, Random Maps and Choosing order of missions for me. Namely how different the NPC setup will be. Plus if voice acting will be a big addition etc…

Money System will be interesting but will more compliment the campaign so didn’t vote for it. I do really like the idea of buying off the mission maps though so avoids having a generic catalogue to restock all the stuff between missions.

All the Safehouse stuff still hasn’t sold me unless it is fully interactive and feature filled outside of shooting range and money sink decorations which is the bare minimum.

2 Likes

Hey, strap this on your saur ass! :rofl:

1 Like

I stand by my vote.

Random maps and targets - that’s just contracts mode for me. I don’t create them and rarely do I discriminate on which ones I play so they’re all random to me.

Buying furniture and weapons - What is this, the Sims?

Money system - I guess this could be good depending on how it’s implemented, but until I see it, I won’t get excited.

Safehouse - What does one do in a safehouse? It might be cool, but maybe it’ll just be “safe”.

Decorating the safehouse - Sims again?

Choosing the order of your missions - isn’t that the game currently?

Having a shooting range - I thought that was what Colorado was for?

The mode is exciting if for no other reason that freshening up the game. I’m sure it’ll all be fun stuff, but the thing i’m most excited for is the idea of how the campaigns will be done.

2 Likes

I don’t know why but I don’t have any excitement for this mode at all.
Maybe I just tend to not getting excited beforehand just not to be disappointed after the release, I don’t know.
Well, I guess at least for the first time when it released I won’t be able to play it normally.
Because my PC stayed at home and those remote playing is not that same when you’re actually sitting in front of PC.
So it might be the other reason.
I’m thinking about buying a powerful gaming laptop, but it won’t be tomorrow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No, not story-wise, those go in a particular order. These campaigns and their missions have a minor “story” to them, but you get to choose in what order it will be, and who you kill and what order will be dependent on what order you choose. The current game doesn’t have that, not in that way.

Same. I’m more interested in playing the new level (Ambrose Island) than Freelancer, personally. I think it’s because I know what to expect from a Hitman sandbox level.

At the moment, Freelancer is just a concept (nothing to compare it to within the Hitman series) so until I play it, I have no feeling towards it. Positive or negative.

7 Likes