Freelancer - Pre-Release Discussion

Any guesses when we will get another trailer/gameplay teaser?

I’m expecting the mode itself wont be ready until November/December

1 Like

I think we will get more news on it in September

I predict a December 31st release at the earliest.

2 Likes

I’m hoping to see something by Nov 1st. Who knows though?

2 Likes

There likely won’t be a game update until November/December which may include Freelancer, so some information before/around then.

3 Likes

so were gonna have sit and wait for more news people

I’m still holding out hope for earlier than that. I’m sure IOI wouldn’t want the general public to get too antsy and annoyed with the delay or even forget about Freelancer by the time it comes out, and November/December would be really quite late into the second half of 2022.

But I’m also willing to believe you based on 3 points:

1. a 3-4 month gap between Ambrose and Freelancer updates would kind of line up with how they’ve released updates in recently
  2. October is notably a spooky month, that’s how they’ve usually treated its “theme”. If they were to stick to it again this year, I feel like Freelancer might be a strange piece of content on the list that doesn’t really fit in with “spooky”. It’s a flimsy reason not to release it then, but it’s something.
  3. You have some sort of info from datamining that would make you believe it’ll be a longer wait.
3 Likes

Yeah, as much as I’d want it to come sooner, the fact that Freelancer had been so looked forward to this year, and the fan base had been so (relatively) patient in waiting for it despite IOI needing to delay it to get it just right, I’m thinking November or December would make the most sense at this point. Not only would it still make Freelancer part of Year 2 as promised, but if November, that’s Thanksgiving, as in “thanks for giving us more time to make this for you,” and “thanks for finally giving this to us!” Or December, that’s Christmas, as in “here’s your present you’ve been asking for!”

6 Likes

Can someone pm me all the leaks about freelancer?

You can just join the leaks section here and check if there’s anything

https://www.hitmanforum.com/groups/leak-investigators

11 Likes

I can’t believe that in the next three months, tops; and more likely in the next two months; and even more likely, next month, we’re finally gonna get this!

(Seems I’m the most common poster in this thread by a significant margin, according to the thread stats)

6 Likes

holy shit really i remember in january and now september man we are close to this mode my friends

5 Likes

praying for october or november

3 Likes

October is extremely likely given Clemens has confirmed that there is a patch coming in early October and we haven’t had patches released in back-to-back months for almost a year now.

11 Likes

oh lovely thanks for the heads up thrison hopefully they fix the waiter aprons because the texture was mixed

2 Likes

It looks like Freelancer is coming…

4 Likes

So, a couple of questions I have in the lead up to this releasing, that I haven’t been able to find any leaked info on yet:

How do we start Freelancer? Do we start inside the safehouse? Do we start standing outside the front door? What suit are we wearing when we start? Do we get to pick the suit we start in, or does it load one by default? If the latter, it’s most likely either the tactical turtleneck or the signature suit without gloves, right? Do we start with all our suits and weapons and items we’ve unlocked in the main game already in our armory, or do we have re-earn them again inside Freelancer in order to use them there, meaning finding and keeping, or buying them all, during the course of playing campaigns? Do we begin with a certain set amount of money available to begin purchasing decorations and weapons? Are we even able to start decorating right away?

Where do the Freelancer campaign contracts come from? Are they just open bounties put out on the dark web for anyone who wants to earn them, lacking an ICA to go to? Does Diana receive them directly because she’s put out some secretly advertised contact method? Who’s putting them up; philanthropists, law enforcement agencies, rival criminal groups? Are the vendors who will supply weapons and information just randomly there on a map and 47 decides to just shop, or were they former couriers and service vendors for ICA that Diana still had contact with and she told them where to be and when?

So many questions, so little time… left to wait until we get some answers! :laughing:

8 Likes

My guesses:
They are really just guesses. I don’t have any inside knowledge.

I bet we start with a cutscene that’ll lead us into the safehouse, where we will then start from and I suppose we will get a new custom suit for the start.

Hopefully, most of the unlocks will be available from the start within Freelancer, since I would hate to unlock all of them again. I guess that we will use money to purchase additional weapons and ammunition to bring into missions. Also, I think we will be able to decorate after the first contract.

I believe that Diana will use her network of people to find new contracts for us and I think she will be an integral part of Freelancer, just like she has been before. Maybe we could also put up an ad on Craigslist just kidding :wink: I would guess that the contracts will be issued by a lot of different people with individual back stories and I truly hope the contracts are not just a rehash of old missions and main targets.

I don’t think there will be vendors in missions. We will be able to make purchases before starting a contract and I think it will be done through a menu, without actually walking up to people. There might be people in the missions that we can talk to and who have information for us.

What do you think?

5 Likes

It is specifically mentioned in the reveal video that there will be people in the missions who you can encounter to purchase weapons and info from, as well as others who will alert the target or try to hunt you down for them.

The rest of your guesses seem plausible.

5 Likes

You’re right. I just rewatched the trailer and there will indeed by vendors on the maps. The trailer says that they are the main way of building one’s arsenal, but I still hope we will be able to aquire weapons and tools from the safehouse before starting a mission.

4 Likes