- Miscellaneous fine-tuning and organization of the entire post(s).
- Added more screenshots to certain entries, for visual references.
- Updated the original post for Patch 3.150.1.
The following will be a “Wishlist” of content, features, and improvements I would love to see added to the main game and its respective game modes. It will be an ongoing effort, as I will test and update the list after each patch is released. Furthermore, while this topic will focus on Freelancer Mode, the entries listed might also be relevant to the main game.
- All posted content aims to be constructive, offering ideas and visual references, no matter how small the details are. I will NOT be complaining, expecting, demanding, etc.
Freelancer | Patch 3.150.1 | Bugs and Imperfections
World of Assassination | Patch 3.150.1 | Guides and Walkthroughs
World of Assassination | Patch 3.150.1 | Bugs and Imperfections
World of Assassination | Patch 3.150.1 | Wishlists and Suggestions
Hitman Forum | 2023 | Issues and Suggestions
- I wish the notebook input would default to opening the first tile of the Intel tab so we could reference leader details faster.
- I wish assault rifles and smgs had obtainable legendaries like the other weapon variations.
- I wish Collector’s variants of items and weapons had lower gear counts and persisted through failures/death.
What if there were more benefits to set these apart from their average counterparts, given the higher price point?
Furthermore, perhaps collector’s versions could have some visual distinction from the standard counterparts (Golden skins perhaps?), and what if there was a collector’s version for all main tools/gear/weapons, including single-use ones (e.g. explosives, card hackers, poisons, etc.)? What if these collector’s versions were also all legendaries to further set them apart from their standard counterparts? Could even have their own ‘collector’s wall’ just for these versions.
- I wish suppliers, on all maps, were located in non-trespassing areas.
What if suppliers were placed in central areas for each level, accessible to us regardless of the disguise equipped?
- I wish 47 would auto-retrieve briefcases after all relevant ‘prompt’ interactions.
I wish IO would make several adjustments so Freelancer was less of a grind in certain respects.
What if campaigns were divided into three stages instead of four? Thus, representing and delivering the Casual, Professional, and Master difficulties (Stage 1 Casual, Stage 2 Professional, Stage 3 Master.). The normal mode could have the aforementioned progression (Casual to Professional to Master) while the hardcore mode could be “master” across all 3 stages. Also, what about having four steps for each of the three stages (3 regular missions and 1 showdown = 4 substages.)? The random alerted location mechanic could remain in use, so that when moving to the second stage, one location of the four available would be alerted, and then for the third stage two locations would be alerted, etc. Furthermore, to help with relevant challenges, perhaps stage 1 could have 1-2 targets per location and stage 2 could have 2-3 and stage 3 could have 3-4.
Speaking of challenges, what about reducing some of these requirements? Like 1500 members instead of 2500 for “GOAT”, 250 leaders instead of 500 for “Employee of the Year”, 10 campaigns instead of 50 for “Slow but Steady” and 50 campaigns instead of 100 for “Top Dog”. If nothing else, perhaps some proper rewards for such challenges given the amount of grinding involved.
All of these suggestions come to mind after well over a month of grinding this mode and still having a long grind ahead. I obtained all safehouse items, reached Mastery 100, and completed all challenges except 4. Even so, I have 36 campaigns completed, eliminated 1600 or so members, 200 or so leaders, etc. Since these challenges require the most grinding and reward us with just a small chunk of xp toward our online profile, perhaps some rebalancing could alleviate the overwhelming grind and make it feel less like a painstaking tedious chore just to 100%.
- I wish, when inspecting items and weapons, there was an input to reset the item position. Perhaps a click of the right joystick (On consoles at least.).
- Minimal QoL feature to be sure, but still.
I wish the supply crate would give us Merces if we already have all the items the crate offers.
The video below is related to a bug posted elsewhere but offers a visual reference for the wishlist idea above.
- I wish there was one less step in launching Freelancer mode (From the featured tab as well as the game mode tab.) so that when we select it from the main menu, we would be taken right to the "objectives” mission screen.
Consolidating both screens could be one potential solution to streamline the user experience.
- I wish all sniper rifle scopes had a toggleable suspect camera (Viewfinder) feature.
- What if it functioned as the suspect camera does now, but allowed us to observe and tag suspects at much greater distances?
- I wish completing stages of a campaign didn’t auto-drop our carried items.
What if it was optional, so we could go right into another campaign with the same gear if we wanted to?
Furthermore, what if we had a ‘drop all’ feature in the item wheel, allowing each individual to decide whether to swap certain items or dump them all for a clean slate?
- I wish all exits, for all locations, were available without extra steps needed (Disguises, special items like tools and coins, etc.).
- I wish the picture-in-picture frame was intelligent enough to anchor itself lower so as not to obstruct objectives when visible.
- For those who have objectives turned off (If that’s a thing.), then it would make sense for the frame to be at the top left. But as things are right now, it covers up the information we have in that corner of the screen.
- I wish, as another option for spending hard-earned merces, we could purchase permanent start points for each location.
- So the longer we spend in Freelancer, the more control and freedom we have because of the time and effort we put in.
- I wish, when using the suspect camera, the flash effect would remain in the shot so we could better observe targets we find in darker areas.
- I wish we could interrupt suppliers’ dialogue when greeting us, so we could enter their “shop” asap instead of having to wait until they finish speaking.
- Furthermore, it would be great if they didn’t greet us every time we approached them. Once per run feels like enough.
- I wish all poisons (Emetic and Sedative variants.) would still kick in even after an NPC was panicked.
- Perhaps once returning to an un-alerted state, they ‘remember’ they were poisoned. Instead of the alert voiding the poison as it currently does.
- I wish we also had legendary versions of every main archetype of tools and weapons, and that those versions required a single gear slot. This way, if one were so inclined, we could take one of just about every item type with us on missions once we reached a maxed-out gear capacity. Full walking arsenal ready for the unpredictable nature of Freelancer.
- I wish suppliers would offer ammunition and single-use item (e.g. explosives, poisons, etc.) refills, for all weapons/items we bring on missions and even those we find during missions.
Furthermore, I wish suppliers would restock instantly or perhaps with a short cooldown. Therefore, if players have enough money they could purchase what they need to work on challenges and objectives with more freedom within each mission.
- I wish there was a way for us to take our weapons from our safe house with the maximum amount of ammunition.
- Perhaps some kind of perk as part of a challenge we could complete or for reaching a certain level of mastery, etc. To take it a step further, it would be fantastic if this also applied to the main game itself so that whenever we play missions, escalations, contracts, and so on, we would then also have the benefit of starting with max ammunition.
- I wish there was a way to reveal all crate locations dynamically as we go on missions and progress through Freelancer.
- Perhaps as another perk for reaching certain mastery and/or challenge completion.
- I wish when bringing already owned items back to the safe house, such duplicates would convert to Merces.
- I wish the suspect camera was even more dynamic in that when we scan and or take a picture of a suspect, the intel boxes would change (Red Xs or green checkmarks.) depending on what criteria the NPC in view fits. This would be ongoing too as we observe the same suspect more than once their “suspect profile” in the camera would dynamically change.
Perhaps a camera upgrade could be rewarded for certain mastery levels and/or challenges.
- I wish the main map and minimap would give us more tooltip info when hovering over suspects and targets alike.
Like whether we have knocked them unconscious, or if they are a witness, if we have hidden the body, etc.
Furthermore, as suggested by Profile - Franz - Hitman Forum, methods for marking targets as non-suspects, prime suspects, and so on in the main map could be a convenient improvement as well.
- I wish we had more options and opportunities to use Merces in practical and beneficial ways the further along we get in Freelancer.
- What about potential upgrades (Applying to Freelancer and the entirety of the main game as well.), like starting missions with full ammo for all carried weapons, trespassing zone indicators on the minimap, choosing start locations for contract maps, weapon upgrades, and customizations (e.g. Silverballer with an extended mag, silencer, and long barrel.), etc. These features would be great as standard settings options, but I could see some requiring a bit of effort too if they were implemented as rewards for in-game activity (Just so it doesn’t feel too easy.). The main takeaway is to have things to still work toward and come back to Freelancer and benefit across all modes of the game.
- I wish, at least for normal mode (Perhaps not hardcore.), that single-use Freelancer tools (Poisons, explosives, etc.) would be replenished when returning to the safehouse after successful missions.
- I wish the standard and collector’s coins, as well as single-use items and weapons (e.g. Electronic key hackers, shurikens, etc.), all came in threes as we have in the main game.
A single coin feels over-restricted given that later missions have several targets, plus one mistake like throwing the coin and having it bounce and land somewhere unreachable means we lose it (Unless we want to spend 20 minutes attempting to shoot it somewhere reachable.).
Furthermore, with such items, as long as we leave with at least one when we return to the safehouse all three could be replenished, like darts for poison pistols.
- I wish all the new items introduced with the Freelancer game mode were also unlocked for the main game, and vice versa for all unlocked items in the main game having Freelancer mode counterparts.
Some examples would be the Assassin’s HWK21 Covert pistol, ICA Impact Explosive, Antique Sedative Syringe, Eiffel Tower Knife, etc. Now, since the amount of gear could get massive, perhaps implementing a sort of “choose variant” feature would help. Like, when we select a weapon, if it has variants we have obtained, an additional step is added for us to select the version of that weapon/item we want before 47 takes it from the wall.
Furthermore, instead of the wall version just defaulting to whatever variant perhaps it “remembers” the last used variant for each applicable item in the display cases.
- I wish there was an option to spawn at the mission selection table each time we load into the Freelancer from the main menu, instead of the random spawn location that happens.
- This would allow us to get right to campaigning without having to spend time getting back downstairs through the safe house. Exploring the safehouse grounds would then become optional so each individual could decide to do so or not.
- I wish we weren’t limited to just two maximum purchases at suppliers because of the limitation with large weapons being stored on our person.
Perhaps some kind of safekeeping or courier solution (Suppliers exercising their smuggling talents.). So, for example, we could purchase all the items we want and then whatever we can’t hold rather than being left behind and having wasted merces on them the suppliers could hold onto them, and once we complete the mission those purchased items appear in the safe house. Thus still making it possible to have the risk of losing said items should we fail and or die.
Blood Money style extraction crates
- I wish we could select briefcases when picking up items that require them in the safe house.
Perhaps when selecting such an item, a prompt would appear for us to choose a briefcase, and once selected the item would be concealed and the briefcase would be in hand. Then, if dropped, it would behave like other items and return the concealed weapon to the walls.
Hypothetical "Briefcase Room"