Freelancer | Patch 3.170.1 | Bugs and Imperfections

Agreed. I had the very same situation in the Bangkok security room yesterday. Turned into a bloodbath. And today I had a wonky scenario during a final campaign showdown in Sgail. Got compromised by a guard in the Constant´s tower, killed him while he was on the radio, and then suddenly had a bunch of orange and normal guards running in from all over the island. Not from the nearby area, but completely random places…

2 Likes

In master difficulty there should always be a chance of being spotted while actively hiding in a container much like in Blood Money. But not from across the map.

I didn’t mention that nobody saw me hiding in there… and that the level wasn’t even alerted :x

1 Like

Does anyone know if the Helicopter, which is unlocked at level 96, having no audio is a bug? I’ve heard someone on here say before it’s supposed to be like that, but when 47 takes off in it there’s still no audio from the leaves rustling etc? :thinking:

1 Like

IIRC it had sound when used as an exit in Dubai so it’s a bug.

1 Like

Have you unlocked the Helicopter yourself yet? If you have, just select your destination, weapons etc and head to the Helicopter exit instead of the exiting the Safehouse in the Basement. That way you should hopefully be able to see :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for letting me know :+1:t2:

2 Likes

In Chongqing, the strangest thing happened to me.

I was playing the final showdown (level 18) in hardcore mode in Chongqing.
That’s a nightmare to play - I rather would do the showdown in Colorado instead -but that aside…

My mandatory prestige object was “Silent Assassin - No Firearms”.
I succesfuly killed the leader, erased the video evidence and I went for the exit in the ICA facility (the one you need to hack with your phone).

The exit icon was correct (so not the icon with the cross that you see when you have not completed the main objectives). But then something really frustrating happened: campaign failed! Hours of work down the drain!

I looked at the mission summary and the game literally stated that I had completed the prestige objective.
I got the following score:
Leader eliminated 1000xp
Payout objectives 3000xp
Prestige objective 2000xp
The hardcore bonus and perfect run bonus were missing.

This is the strangest bug ever for me. How could this have happened?
There were two ‘special’ things going on:

1. The drones on the roof kept distracting the guard there, because I pacified and hidden a guard in a container there.
  2. I forgot the silverballer which was put in a weapon crate by an assassin.

These two conditions do not break “Silent Assassin - No Firearms”.
I mean, I brought the silverballer only to distract guards and not to fire it.
And I checked this in the regular gaming mode: if the drones on the roof spot something illegal, it does not break the Silent Assassin green icon.
Anyway, the game already stated that I had completed the “Silent Assassin - No Firearms” objective succesfully.

I tried to reproduce this ‘bug’ by playing showdowns in normal mode and using the same exit. But then it works out just fine!

I have no clue what could have triggered the failing of the campaign.
I do know that this is the strangest thing I ever encountered while playing the Hitman series for years :grinning:

3 Likes

Unfortunately there is no explanation for this other than this is a random bug that has happened to many people here. Luckily it’s rare, but at the same time common enough to have happened to me twice.
I thought avoiding vehicle exits would do the trick, but judging from your description that doesn’t work either.
A little prayer before exiting perhaps?

4 Likes

Thanks for replying, Franz!

Prayer or not, it totally ruins the fun of playing hardcore mode this way.
When you cannot trust the rules of the game itself.

They should at least give you some extra time to exit out of the game before the fail gets registered.
Or they should show you a warning prompt before exiting that the main objectives are not complete.

Any tips on how to escape/exit as fast as possible? I play on Xbox One.

2 Likes

The bug may be consistent per person.

2 Likes

A mi eso mismo me paso hace tiempo al comprar o recoger un arma de fuego del escenario. No lo veo un fallo propiamente dicho, más bien parece ser que el reto en sí no permite que tengas esas armas.

A mi me ha ocurrido lo siguiente esta mañana.

Plataforma PC

Localización Marrakech

Estoy acabando mi reto contrarreloj a toda velocidad y voy lo ultimo antes de salir a un vendedor del mercado que esta junto a la salida del oeste. En ese vendedor gasto 33.700 merces en unas ganzúas de coleccionista y en una kalmer. Salgo pocos segundos después por la salida mas cercana. Cuando llego a la Casa tengo la kalmer pero no tengo las ganzúas de 30000 merces, el dinero también me falta

Esta mañana por error escribí un post sobre este tema, fui exacto en todo lo que dije allí salvo en el hecho de que no me fije que sí me cargo la kalmer pero no las ganzúas

Not to sound like a right old cunt here, but please refrain from speaking another language unless (i think) you can give a English version to

1 Like

Best way to beat Hardcore is to use avoid mandatory objectives that only unlock at the end of the mission?

2 Likes

https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/13fjfqs/can_someone_help_me_understand_how_i_failed/

https://i.imgur.com/nrFcC3B.jpeg

https://i.imgur.com/qcqkefa.jpeg

“Perfect Run” prestige challenge seems to be bugged :grimacing:

2 Likes

Seen a suggestion elsewhere that it could be linked to skipping the end cutscene. You can hear the objectives checking off in the background while it plays, maybe that’s necessary for it to count. Kind of like how you used to (or still do?) have to wait for the “unnoticed kill” notification before exiting a level for SA. I did a perfect run without skipping & it worked, but I don’t seem to get half the bugs everyone else does anyway so idk if that means anything.

Edit: oh it says completed/failed at the start of the cutscene doesn’t it. So that’s probably not right. Never mind!

2 Likes

Has anyone actually noticed a XP bonus for completing a mission after advancing the Prestige Level to 1? Aside from the one-time 2000 XP reward you get from the first associated Challenge/Feat, I mean?

Also, it seems I haven’t lost my Collector’s Lockpick and Collector’s Coin upon advancing my Prestige Level to 1. Apparently, I’m not the only one.

And while I’m on the subject of the safehouse weapon walls: the weapons don’t get highlights anymore while in Instinct mode. Could be an intentional change, but I think it makes it a bit hard to see your progress, personally (the image is fairly dark).

Still regarding the weapon walls, the patch notes mention a “new marker to help find and identify a newly unlocked item”, and I’m a bit confused… Even before the May patch, there was such a marker for newly unlocked Ancestral and Ornamental gear already. So upon reading the patch notes, I figured the same marker would now appear for gear you’ve purchased or found in a previous mission. But nope, I’m not seeing any difference there. So I’m not seeing any change at all, really. Then again, that was after advancing my Prestige Level, so maybe the marker only shows up the very first time you purchase or find new gear (i.e. on “Prestige Level 0”)?

Also, I still can’t grab the fuse cell in the safehouse garage…

(And finally, just in case: am I the only one who somehow lost the Classicballer after the very first Prestige Level 1 mission? Not necessarily a bug, maybe just a brain fart on my part, really, but I seriously don’t know why I would have dropped it at any point…)

2 Likes

I advanced one level of prestige and I didnt notice any rewards. Not only that, but the bonus rewards for completing a showdown sometimes are not given…

And all of this without even mentioning the big nerf to showdown bonus rewards. Before, it was something like 5k, 10k, 15k, 30k maybe. Now the first two give 7k and 8k. Idk about the third one cause it failed to give me it two times already.

1 Like

I’m very disappointed that they didn’t fix the fuel cell which you can’t pick up 90% of the time in the garage. How hard can that be? Compared to all the other things they nerfed and added, it should be super easy to fix the fuel cell. Lazy or incompetent.

3 Likes

They probably kept the fuse there and added the fuse box and garage lights out of spite.

2 Likes