Game keeps crashing

I’ve been playing Hitman 2 a lot lately and I’ve noticed my game will crash on a regular basis. Whether I was looking at challenges in the title screen, the middle of a mission or at the end of one, the game gives me a black screen and then crashes. I’ve failed the legacy elusive target because of this and it’s been a hassle replaying missions since when I start up the game again I didn’t complete the mission or achieve some challenges because of the crash.

Any ideas?

Provide the platform you are on and if it’s PC, the specs of your computer.
When it started crashing? From the first day you bought the game or yesterday, week ago or after any update whether of the game or your system

If you on PC provide the error message that comes along with a crash.
This messages you can find in Windows Journal/Event Viewer

I’ve noticed it has been crashing for about a week. I also play on PC, here are my specs:

CPU - Intel Core i7-8700K Quad-Core Processer
Motherboard - Asus -ROG STRIX Z370-F
Memory - Corsair - Vengeance LPX 16GB
Storage - 250MB x 2TB
Video Card - GeForce GTX 1080 8GB FTW
Power Supply - SuperNOVA P2 750W 80+
Operating System - Windows 10 Home 64bit

I also checked into the application error, I believe this is it:

Faulting application name: hitman2.exe, version: 2.50.3.0, time stamp: 0x5d44098a
Faulting module name: hitman2.exe, version: 2.50.3.0, time stamp: 0x5d44098a
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x00000000010b35d5
Faulting process id: 0xc04
Faulting application start time: 0x01d54bba45cdb77b
Faulting application path: D:\New folder\steamapps\common\HITMAN2\retail\hitman2.exe
Faulting module path: D:\New folder\steamapps\common\HITMAN2\retail\hitman2.exe
Report Id: 34a8bb51-6c66-4e7f-8355-eb4ed5a91bb5
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

1 Like
1 Like

What Windows build do you have?
Have you upgraded to May Update? (1903 build)
If so, I’ll advise you to roll back to previous build while you can (within 10 days after upgrade).
Also try to check if there was any driver updates.
Have you updated your graphics card driver?
If so, try to roll back to previous driver in Device Manager

1 Like

Try running the game in DX12 instead of DX11 first:
Boot up the launcher -> open the options -> set Graphics API to Direct3D 12 -> save and run the game.

I tried switching to DX12. Worked very well and I didn’t crash until I did a silent assassin suit only on Isle of Sgail, and my game froze then crashed when I was 10m from the exit. I’m not sure what the problem is, and no specific maps seem to cause the problem.

Edit: I now seem to freeze in every single game I’m in. Would reinstalling it be beneficial?

Good Lord. This is completely unrelated to your problem but after reading all of this, I feel significantly more retarded than I did before. I don’t understand a thing.