Game News Thread

A few days ago I saw two things on twitter :

• AFP published (on all their accounts) an infographic on how to identify real verified accounts, and warning about ease of disinformation
  • multiple organisations I follow posted “by the way, this is where we also are, remember those link”

None of them are good for twitter.
Well curated, twitter can be very useful for institutions and journalism following. Both are already getting ready.

3 Likes

Pentiment is getting released in two days. And I am hyped for it.

7 Likes

Me too! I’ve got it pre-installed. From what I’ve seen, it’s such an original, innovative, and involved game.

In the news, there was an interesting tweet made recently from someone who initially suggested to be involved in the EU investigation into the Activision Blizzard King acquisition.

It’s one thing for Phil Spencer to say that CoD will remain forever on all platforms (including Nintendo if MS acquire ABK), but it’s quite another for someone who is claiming to be connected to “The Commission” to make that claim. It turns out he overstepped his bounds and the EU commission were quick to clarify.

3 Likes

https://youtu.be/ajiJSBXxJ_I

6 Likes

Game journalists wait their whole life to be able to write something like this… (Also, no ray tracing? If any game was meant to be focusing on God rays, it’s this one!)

5 Likes

So, if I’m understanding it correctly, the Witcher update will basically be a mandatory patch?

Also, the Batman mod looks pretty dope.

2 Likes

I’m not sure, it might be a separate game maybe, kinda like the original version of Skyrim and the Special Edition? :thinking:

The next-gen update is free for everyone who already owns any version of the game. For those who don’t have the game yet, a dedicated next-gen version, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Complete Edition, featuring all enhancements, free DLCs and story expansions: Hearts of Stone & Blood and Wine, will be available for purchase digitally on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S, and PC, with a physical release at a later date.

As for the Bible game… never change internet :rofl:

3 Likes

That’s what I was sort of hoping for, to be like Metro: Exodus or Mafia III, since next-gen updates tend to also mean “We’re gonna increase the HW requirements for the game and potentially mess up its visuals and optimization, and there’s nothing you can do about it.” :grimacing: Problem is, the end of the article says that:

“It’ll be free to us PC players that already own the game, and should just download like any other patch when it comes out.”

So right now it sounds like if you own the game, it’ll be auto-patched to the next-gen version… Might prowl the GOG forums later for answers…

2 Likes

Ah yes, my kind of enhancements…

5 Likes

At least they had enough sense to release it as a separate game :joy: (which I honestly hadn’t expected them to)

2 Likes

Surprised no one’s posted this yet :smile:

Another year where The Stanley Parable doesn’t get its due at the Game Awards… :expressionless:
Also Kirby Forgotten Land deserves better than just Family Game!

7 Likes

the game awards are a joke my fowlish friend, do not worry about who got nominated and who did. your opinions are your own and you dont need award shows to justify them

7 Likes

5 Likes

For the Arkham fans out there :grin:

4 Likes

After 9 years in development, hopefully it will be worth the wait. - not Gabe

That’s what ye get for associating my surname with a mediocre game!

6 Likes

The official launch trailer for the much anticipated Callisto Protocol has landed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gghRJv_tdb0

Due to launch 2 December 2022 for PC, PlayStation, and Xbox. I think it’s looking pretty damned good!

4 Likes

Sonic developer Yuji Naka has been arrested by Japanese authorities for insider trading.

9 Likes

That’s no good!

9 Likes

Evil West and Gungrave G.O.R.E. are both releasing this Tuesday (22 November 2022) for PC, Xbox, and PlayStation. Here are overview trailers for each of them to whet your appetite ahead of the absolute carnage.

3 Likes
4 Likes