Game News Thread

Evil West and Gungrave G.O.R.E. are both releasing this Tuesday (22 November 2022) for PC, Xbox, and PlayStation. Here are overview trailers for each of them to whet your appetite ahead of the absolute carnage.

3 Likes
4 Likes

Guess Ubi figured out since GoW: Ragnarok is PS5 exclusive for a while, people would want to play something similar, this way they can get a few more sales. :brain: :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes

Me who has no interest in Norse mythology whatsoever :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

The 5 Building Blocks of Mindful Financial Independence

5 Likes

12 Likes

ab6

5 Likes

@Agent_MJ how are you feeling about this one mate? :joy:

2 Likes

This is extremely surprising news. It turns out that ZeniMax Online Studio has had a team of nearly 200 working on a new IP project in secret for the past four and a half years.

If you’re interested, here’s the 45 minute podcast where Ben Jones, the creative director at ZeniMax Online, mentions it; I’ve timestamped the video to start at the right place.

7 Likes

Another online only multiplayer game? No, thanks, I’ll wait for the next single player Elder Scrolls.

1 Like

postal 3 was shit. so yeah i’m glad.

2 Likes

Still don’t know how I managed to get 33 hours in it, guess I love torturing myself :grin:

Still, there are two good things I can say about P3

I found out about this kick ass song

and there’s a fan project that aims to make P3 the game that RWS wanted

1 Like

That’s Beth’s territory and that’s one hell of a wait. After Starfied there’s also an Indiana Jones that they have in the works and only after that we can talk about TES 6 :older_adult: :hourglass: :headstone:

2 Likes

this song kicks ass.

2 Likes

Looks as though the US Federal Trade Commission may be gearing up to challenge Microsoft’s acquisition of Activision.

The commissioners have yet to vote on a complaint or meet with lawyers from either company so it’s not yet certain they’ll oppose the deal, but the people reviewing it are reportedly skeptical of the companies’ arguments.

If the FTC does move ahead with its challenge, it will likely do so within the next month.

10 Likes

That’s an interesting article and looking at responses from other reputable news outlets, they seem to believe that Politico have a solid reputation.

The consensus seems to be that if the FTC file an anti-trust suit before January, it is highly likely to be overturned, but that would court battle would take until July at the earliest to resolve. By this time the deadline for completion of the current deal would have passed and either a new deal would have to be negotiated between MS and ABK or they’d both walk away. So it is likely to be a deathblow for the current deal.

I don’t think that MS would act out of spite, but they appear to be hard set now on gaining a better foothold in the market. My worry is that if the deal doesn’t got through, MS have at least $69 billion to spend, and they might do something far more impacting that will utterly change the face of the gaming industry and make competition far more difficult for Sony. That’s not going to be good for most gamers.

I am certainly no expert in deals like this, but it appears to me that this deal, love it or hate it, is like the devil you know, compared to other unknown alternatives.

5 Likes
6 Likes

Replay Editor! OOOOHH

5 Likes

day-am. is that in addition to the endless arenas? sloclap are doing the lord’s work.

2 Likes

Not news so much as history, but Pong, the first commercially successful video game, was released 50 years ago, 29 November 1972.

10 Likes

11 Likes