Game News Thread

Star Wars: Jedi Survivor delayed to April 28!

3 Likes

Microsoft intentionally blocked it from releasing on other platforms. The game has a weird history where it was supposed to be revealed awhile ago, but again Microsoft intervened since they bought ZeniMax/Bethesda

2 Likes

Ah well you know what Sugary Minamata once said: Games fucking suck, they really suck. Just stop fucking making them forever!

1 Like

PlayStation players: Sony, can we have Forza Horizon on PS5?

Sony (and Ubisoft): We have Forza Horizon on PS5.

Forza Horizon on PS5:

Ah well, at least the Hawaii location seems to be a nice homage to TDU. It is a strange change from the previous entirety of USA map though. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Ah finally a Forza Horizon clone for the Playstation now I finally have no real reason to get an Xbox One anymore.

2 Likes
5 Likes

What a ridiculous obligation… For single player ? What’s next, disconnection ? Impossibility to have progress offline ?

15 Likes

Heeey… Wait a minute!

13 Likes

Back 4 Blood is officially left for dead. Guess Turtle Rock’s ideas of keeping a game like this alive didn’t evolve that much.

6 Likes

Let this be known to all that Valve is what made Left 4 Dead what it is today and to never trust shady marketing.

2 Likes

Crazy to see how some people are defending this by saying that “it’s one year old, how long do you expect the devs to keep it alive”. At least TR could have released a level editor with workshop support like Valve did with L4D2

from 23:51 till the end of the video :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been criticizing this game since its first reveal. Turtle Rock has been on a losing streak with their releases and they’ve been marketing themselves as the developers of Left 4 Dead since Evolve which has been misleading towards people who don’t know better.

2 Likes

Activision Blizzard has agreed to pay $35 million for violating workplace misconduct reporting rules. My understanding is that they’ll make that back in about a day and a half.

7 Likes

Eat dirt JK.

https://gamerant.com/hogwarts-legacy-transgender-character-sirona-ryan-three-broomsticks/

7 Likes

Hogwarts Legacy is getting positive reviews critically and commercially, while I’m glad the developers years of hard work is being received well and people are having fun there is some disheartening developments.

https://gamerant.com/hogwarts-legacy-girlfriend-reviews-twitch-video-clip/

Obviously the game despite its success has been obviously divided amongst groups of people. That being said last night seeing Girlfriends Reviews stream the game while raising money for the Trevor Project was a hard watch when harassers caused Shelby to cry on stream. This just felt undeserved when the pair tried to make a good thing out of a complex situation. It’s simply disheartening especially since Shelby is a progressive voice in the industry.

7 Likes

It’s times like these when you’d wish everyone could just try their best to distance and author from a work of his if said author is a moron yet his works are still cherished by many. And it’s not like JK worked herself on Hogwarts Legacy so why should the fans of the game and the developers have to suffer?

2 Likes

Except Rowling’s entire platform is based on the popularity of her works. It’s the only reason people know her and at times Rowling has intentionally conflated supporting the Wizarding World with supporting her and her financial beliefs.

Because she still gets royalties from the use of her trademarks even if she didn’t personally contribute to the writing of the game itself. She is still making money and she has actively used money the Harry Potter franchise makes to contribute charitably to anti-trans charities and think tanks.

In summary Alan Moore was right when he said Harry Potter is literally the Anti-Christ and then had Mary Poppins appear as God to fucking annihilate him in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

3 Likes

I really wonder if there are Hogwarts Legacy developers that are trans and how they feel knowing that they worked on a game that’s part of JK’s IPs and that it’s getting hate because of it.
8dc

2 Likes

I would say that unless they are a part of the small, small minority of trans people who see nothing wrong with it then they would have asked for another production to work on, left or acknowledge that sometimes your job sucks and makes you do things it doesn’t want to do

3 Likes

I don’t wanna delve into the topic of Royalties simply cause we don’t know the contractual details behind how much she could be receiving percentage wise for this game, so I’ll simply say this.

My transaction ended after I purchased the game. Whatever happens to that money is well out of my control. It can be used for a lot of good like employee bonuses. And of course for more nefarious purposes. The unfortunate reality is there is no right opinion on the matter. People have every right to decide with their wallets, but and this should be hopefully mutually agreed upon.

If you play and or plan on buying the game you shouldn’t be harassed. If you don’t plan on it then you shouldn’t go out of your way to bring down others who just want to enjoy themselves and that should extend across every type of media aswell.

4 Likes