Game News Thread

Shame there’s way too many cry babies

6 Likes

Bottom left thinks the PC ports are devaluing his console like the last PS5 port was The Last of Us which sucked ass. This PC port will probably suck as well, they all do.

5 Likes

The God of War port is surprisingly well done, though.

4 Likes

Oh no…

2 Likes

Despite that fact, the German Ministry of Economic Affairs has seen fit to grant Daedalic a subsidy worth €2 million, to bolster the development of more titles set in the Lord of the Rings universe.

I am not sure why this sentence was put like it, the worth was granted almost a year ago, not after the release of Gollum. Also to the €2 million of worth, Daedalic has to invest at least the same amount. So this is not a freebie to make bad games. Here is a German summary of the support program. Top journalism right there. :joy:

One should know that, no matter how innovative you think Germany is, we are super behind at making profitable games. I fear games like that will further ruin our position in game dev. Ideally this is just forgotten and better games come up. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes
4 Likes

Not being profitable doesn’t mean that all games made in Germany are bad. I think it’s because there’s not much good advertising, especially back in the day and if there was, they only focused in Germany. I barely remember seeing articles about Gothic 3 yet Oblivion was talked about all the time.

2 Likes

More craziness from Bobby’s World

5 Likes

Figures…

thats-no-good-sonic-says

8 Likes

I think what sucks is Redfall was very promise especially since it’s Arkane but it should have been left in the oven for another year.

4 Likes

The stuff of legends, Nintendo had a sequel to 1-2-Switch in development, and apparently it’s terrible.

“When playtesting groups received the game, the feedback to the development team was brutal. The target audiences Nintendo was hoping to hit — families with children — found the games boring; many didn’t even want to play through entire rounds. In the Bingo example, one player would use the joycon to mime digging out a number before reading it off the TV screen — a process that playtesters reported as tedious.”

The main mode of the game, the Team Battle Mode, pit at least two teams of players against each other in various minigames. This mode prominently featured Horse [the ‘host’], who would give color commentary during the games. During the localization process, sources started calling the game “Horseshit” as shorthand.

Oh, and they’re actually releasing it now! Lmao

4 Likes

It’s mind-blowing to me that Nintendo had the balls to sell 1-2 Switch for $50 instead of packing it in with the console like they did with Wii Sports on the Wii and Nintendo Land on the Wii U (both of which are better games and showcase their consoles better imo). It’s funny that Everybody 1-2-Switch, which presumably is bigger than the first one, is only being sold for $30. You know a game’s bad when even Nintendo isn’t trying to sell it for the highest price possible!

4 Likes

I just realised we are potentially going to have the beauty of having Peter and Miles both able to wear alternate suits at the same time in Spider-Man 2 PS5. (Hopefully, they’ll each have a S-V suit)

3 Likes

Death Stranding Director’s Cut for Mac, announced by Kojima himself.

A new toolkit for porting games to Mac is also announced, although it remains to be seen if it can simplify the process enough to make developers consider it worth it.

3 Likes
5 Likes

John Romero is launching his biography next month. Think I may pick it up.

Looks very likely that the Persona 3 Remake, as well as a Persona 5 spin-off are going to be announced at either Games Summer Fest or the Xbox Showcase due to website leaks. So that’s what I’m excited for.

4 Likes

Ouch :frowning_face:

9 Likes

Can’t wait any longer!!!

3 Likes

Bloodlines 2 announces there will be an announcement in September.

Meanwhile the game has apparently changed so much that some or all of the goodies in the physical pre-order are no longer representative… and they’re still not confident to say who’s working on it yet (that’s apparently going to probably be the announcement in September)

5 Likes

Never would have thought that the sequel would have a rougher development than the first Bloodlines…

2 Likes