Game News Thread

Max running out of painkillers

6 Likes

Nothing makes me lose interest quicker than seeing 4 lame Characters fight against hordes of zombies.
Shit was boring even when left 4 dead was new.

3 Likes

Especially when the characters look like they donā€™t care of the situation theyā€™re in.

2 Likes

ā€œWe didnā€™t want to do something from the comicsā€ proceeds to make Harry Osbourne the symbiote host which is directly taken from a comic. Just because the average Gamer has never read anything from Ultimate Spider-Man doesnā€™t mean I have.

4 Likes

AWII and S-MII both in October? Stacked.

New LotR game letting me dig too deep and too greedily.

1 Like

You might dig up the Gollum game

2 Likes

Secret Gollum game landfill dev room when?

1 Like

the funny thing arenā€™t most spider-man adaptations based on the ultimate comics. from the raimi movies to the video games

3 Likes

Cool, i hope we get a Tank themed Xbox

Yep because a lot of the Spider-Man media that is most beloved came out exactly when Ultimate was getting its big push, it was at its biggest readership and Ultimate Spider-Man was really the only consistently good part of the line so people tend to remember it.

1 Like

Porsche themed Xbox line but none of them really look like the liveries they want to honour.

1 Like

Wayfinder looks like someone told an ai to make the blandest most generic fantasy game ever. I hate this cartoony warcraft looking shit art style.

Please IO, donā€™t use it for your fantasy gameā€¦

1 Like

2 hours and that Prince of Persia game still felt as the most souless piece of trash shown.

4 Likes

Have you ever been so disappointed that you felt like you just should stop your hobby entirely?

2 Likes

Iā€™m surprised, I wasnā€™t impressed at all with that. I thought the character animations looked pretty bad. It doesnā€™t help the trailer reminds me of Sonic 4.

Probably a bit judgy, but considering the high standard Mania set, I donā€™t think it looks that impressive. Guess the coop aspect could be unique. Surprised about Fang coming back, thatā€™s a deep cut character.

As someone hoping for a Persona announcement, that final tease really blue balled me. Hopefully itā€™ll show up at the Xbox Showcase. The Final Fantasy stuff is funny considering a recent news article states that Square Enix is worried FFXVI isnā€™t selling enough pre-orders. Maybe should of shown some of that game here?

Guess Iā€™ll really need to play the FFVII remake now. Hopefully Rebirth is the end of the remake series, rather than being part 2 of 3.

5 Likes

As someone hoping for a Persona announcement,

It leaked. From Atlus themselves unfortunately.

Two trailers for the P3 Remake and P5 Tactica spinoff, accidentally posted to their Instagram page after the SGF stream.

The trailers are plastered with Xbox promo, so it seems like someone mixed up the dates of the SGF and Xbox streams and posted these on the wrong dateā€¦ expect to see it there. Or earlier yourself if youā€™re curious.
They were quickly removed butā€¦ people are quick to save things :eyes:

The 'official' trailers

https://youtube.com/watch?v=yVtpsOHGF7o&feature=share9

https://youtube.com/watch?v=Kg56yNG5xZk&feature=share9

3 Likes

Oh wow. OK, you know how Iā€™ve been talking about Persona lately. Basically, due to the way Atlus registers their websites for their games, it means that weā€™ve had info about Persona titles before they were unveiled. This happened to Persona 5 Royal and Persona 5 Strikers in the past. Plus a video leak a while back, weā€™ve known for a while that a Persona 3 Remake is in the works, as well as a new Persona 5 spin-off, almost certainly meant to be shown at the Xbox Showcase.

However, someone over at Atlusā€™s Instagram account decided to post the reveal trailers up 3 days early, before quickly taking them down, but by that point, theyā€™ve been put on YouTube.

So yeah, Persona 3 Reload. Looks gorgeous and pretty faithful to the original. Persona 3 and 4 were PS2 games made on tight budgets and deadlines, whereas this is a current gen title with AAA funding, and well, it shows. Pretty optimistic for this, and dare I hope this can become the definitive Persona 3 experience? The big question hanging over the game is whether the female protagonist from Portable makes the cut. Iā€™m not betting on it to be honest, as much as Iā€™d want it, hopefully weā€™ll get more info very soon.

And then there is Persona 5 Tactica. Eh, looks ok, maybe? Iā€™m not really digging the art style, it looks cheap and nasty. Otherwise, standard Persona spin-off affair. Bit of a kick in the teeth for the Devil Survivor fans, Shin Megami Tensei series that already did the tactical RPG thing mixed with SMT and I hear both games are excellent. Iā€™d honestly say Iā€™m more interested in the P5X mobile game than this.

@TheChicken Beat me to it while I was typing. Iā€™m very much looking forward to P3Reload.

3 Likes

The new Crash Bandicoot game is going to have a new non-binary character as part of the cast, inspired by David Bowie.

3 Likes

LaD Gaiden finally got a new trailer and a release date. Curious about this one. The Agent fighting style looks pretty fun and interesting. Seems like the setting will be (only?) in Osaka/Sotenbori though, which is, frankly, a bit disappointing for me. I was hoping for a brand new locationā€¦ If they would at least re-introduce Shinseichoā€¦

4 Likes