Game News Thread

sure, but that isn’t usually what the fallout series goes for. the series is a create-a-character kind of roleplaying game, not a specific character kind of roleplaying game, like witcher or final fantasy, and the voice acting pushed the game from the broadness of the former toward the specificity of the latter.

both types have their place, sure, but when a series swerves to the other, and executes it poorly, it is naturally going to be a point of contention for some people.

y’know, like me.

it isn’t because the character is mute, but the fact that the courier could be whoever the player wanted them to be - without many limits or an overly specific backstory - is certainly a plus point for some people. all we had to go on was the mc was a courier; everything else was down to the player’s imagination, the opening cutscene and our in-game choices, just like previous fallouts.

the limits of fo4’s dialogue system are a direct result of the decision to voice everything, and in doing so it scuppered one of the systems i love in fallout.

2 Likes
1 Like

1,000 planets sounds like a nice idea in theory, but seems like way too much to me. Personally I rather they drop it down to 20 or 40, but even then I probably just do as many as needed to complete the main story.

3 Likes

That’s the biggest fear of mine about this game, that it’s going to be wide as an ocean and shallow as a puddle. It’s not the first time Beth did something like this, Daggerfall was the size of the Great Britain with 15k towns and who knows how many dungeons, all randomly generated with the exception of a handful.

4 Likes

I’d say even 20-40 is way too much. Don’t go over 10, but make each one unique and ‘deep’ enough to count.

4 Likes

The new Turtles Game, Shredders Revenge is supposed to be available digitally on 16.6.22, but when i want to buy it via the Playstation store i only get the option to add it to my wishlist.

Is this a bug or did they delay the Playstation version?

I’m good with that number actually. Although I suspect with it being about space exploration, the expectation is they gotta do a shit ton. Not sure that’s coming themselves or fans.

1 Like

Was it a global roll-out? Because if my timing is right then it should still be the 15th in Germany.

2 Likes

Its 02:28 AM in germany rn, but usually I’m able to pre order games days/weeks in advance. I was just wondering
EDIT: I’m going to bed now, have a good night/day whatever :smile:

2 Likes

The Wholesome Games Direct showed off a lot of cute and colourful games, but the most important bit was definitely the SMOL CHICKEN GAME.

Chicken Journey | Wholesome Direct 2022 Trailer - YouTube

others of note are Lumbearjack game – destroy all the evil human construction equipment!
LumbearJack | Wholesome Direct 2022 Trailer - YouTube

The Spirit and the Mouse gives me old Ratatouille Game vibes – a puzzle-platformer with a mouse
The Spirit and the Mouse | Wholesome Direct 2022 Trailer - YouTube

And also this weird one that’s a cute Kaiju Dating Sim game?
Kaichu: The Kaiju Dating Sim | Wholesome Direct 2022 Trailer - YouTube

There were also weirdly tons of frog-related stuff, either as the main game hook, or incidentally in a trailer.
check out the rest of the reveals here

also Birb Dating Sim hehehehehe
Lovebirb | Wholesome Direct 2022 Trailer - YouTube

5 Likes

Wouldn’t it be nice if the common industry standard was to just give players both the OG and upgraded versions of games?

6 Likes

Yeeees!

4 Likes

dd had some of my favourite boss/mini-boss battles. really looking forward to this.

the opening also contains gaming’s biggest overreaction which will never not be funny.

1 Like

Ah, the old “We investigated ourselves and determined that we did nothing wrong.” I love the classics.

8 Likes

Good job, team!
pat-on-the-back

6 Likes

Iam going to send a bomb the size of fat man to bobby koticks house

If Bobby Kotick can get away with it. Then I should beable to get away robbing a bank.

1 Like

Military games, military legal tactics!

1 Like

Terminator Crossover for COD

2 Likes

FUCK! I fucking knew it!

3 Likes