Game News Thread

“To achieve the quality standards and offer an optimal gaming experience, Microids decided to entrust the development of XIII Remake to the French studio Tower Five (Lornsword: Winter Chronicle),” the publisher announced on Steam(opens in new tab). "Hard at work for more than a year on a major update. This update will be released on September 13th.

“On that date, owners of the game will receive a free update and enjoy the game as intended. The development studio reworked the entire game from the Art Direction to the AI and added numerous technical improvements.”

The update already being in development, and still being offered as a free update to existing purchasers is great.

I just hope it’s a good update because from what I’ve heard the “remake” still felt a lot different than the original title it re-created.

3 Likes

That’s putting it mildly tbh…

2 Likes

whoa damn. Been a while since I’ve seen footage of this remake.

I’ve never played the original or the remake so I don’t have any attachment to it, but this is a terrible rush job. I think I only learned of the existence of both because of how bad the 2019 release ended up

3 Likes

Here is a whole video going over it. It wasn’t so much rushed as it was procrastinated on while one man abused the internship system for his benefit.

4 Likes

ooh yikes :grimacing:

2 Likes

We’ve seen it coming, but this is clearly Microsoft’s plan for the future. It’s not been about the consoles for quite some time. Rather it’s about making the real money from the subscription service. The 2022 models of Samsung’s smart TVs will allow anyone with a controller and a Game Pass Ultimate account to stream the games from the cloud service.

7 Likes
4 Likes

who ultimately declined the offer.

Is this from a draft? It does not read like he declined.

1 Like

Lead technical adviser, Ryan Johnson accepted the offer while project lead, Dean Carter, refused :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes
5 Likes

Fuck you, Ubisoft, fuck you, Ubisoft, and fuck you one more time, Ubisoft.

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/gameplay/article/decommissioning-of-online-services-september-2022/000102396

8 Likes

NFTs are the future!™
ezgif.com-gif-maker

Wise up, scrubs! - Ubi

5 Likes

Regarding this, if a game’s online services go offline, the so called decentralized NFTs stop working too. :relieved:

5 Likes

It’s one thing when online support ends, but the fucking audacity of cutting off access to single-player content is a whole nother level… Ubisoft have already managed to fuck up my week and it’s only Monday.

5 Likes

I’d buy that for a dollar!
https://youtu.be/nxgCZApw1nQ

3 Likes

Man where was this content at launch.

2 Likes

Oh no now I can’t get my Wallpapers for Far Cry 3 on the Xbox 360.

3 Likes

Well, if it was just the wallpapers, I’d shrug it off :smile::tired_face:

Weren’t there some DLCs for AC2/Brotherhood that added a mission. Something with Da Vinci’s disappearance :thinking:

1 Like

Yes that is for Brotherhood. Two also had cut content from the game a pair of DLCs centred around the Siege of Forli and the Bonfire of the Vanities, this is also not counting other little bits of DLC content. It seems like it will only impact certain versions of the games most notably the DLC will only be inaccessible for PC users if I recall.

Honestly it is a bummer but a lot of the decommissioning makes sense to me and it usually happens with any online or multiplayer game at some point. Even IO had to deactivate online content for fiscal reasons.

2 Likes