General Movie News

No playing Towers of Hanoi in the middle-of-nowhere with Jan-from-accounting while some “self-help” guru says buzzwords is team-building. Putting your wife into your shit movies is “nepotism” (unless there is a better for for that). Also the plot somehow got more cliched when he explained it more, it just combine’s Dull Normie Hero Journey with All Monsters Are Real

Well to me Paul W.S. Anderson is something of a dubious genius at Video Game adaptations.

The RESIDENT EVIL films were each low budget action movies but have combined for over 1 billion dollars in gross receipts. I watched only RESIDENT EVIL: THE FINAL CHAPTER and it was… “easy viewing”. It had nothing to do with the game, but at the same time I didn’t find it offensive at all.

Anderson is also famous for having done the film adaptation of MORTAL KOMBAT, whose influence is so sublime, you can trace a lot of the modern design cues in the game MORTAL KOMBAT X to Anderson’s film.

I think I can kind of guess, based on what he said, what kind of Monster Hunter movie we’re getting and I think it’s going to work, but will definitely have nothing to do with the games except key gags like the battle with humongous monsters, the outrageous armor and weapons, and maybe even a comedy scene about cooking meat. But I think we can expect the little cat people will not be showing up for this one.

And… yes… Milla Jovovich will be in it. lol.

Yes I think this is why I felt the film was “easy viewing”. And I think that is also one of his secrets. His plot concepts are “easy to listen to”.

This is actually a plus in the film business. If people “get it” after 3 sentences, you are half way to getting your green light! lol.

I dread what the other half of getting a greenlight is if that is the first half. The worst films in the world can sound good in under three sentences.

Well the truth is Paul W.S. Anderson dabbles in “easy mode” pitching for the Hollywood leagues.

His RESIDENT EVIL films have usually scored in the 20 million budget bracket.
MONSTER HUNTER I think got a greenlight for 60 million USD. And even then Constantin will split the budget three ways with a Japanese and Chinese co-financer.

So you don’t have to pitch nearly as hard as say, the guys who pitched TRANSFORMERS back in 2004 for a 150 - 200 million USD movie (that was super-hard).

But that is also why I predict there will be no “little cat people”… 60 million USD… all your budget will be used up on giant monsters… In fact I expect the film to resemble more like the world of the PS4 game God Of War rather than the actual Monster Hunter games. People in furs…homes built into trees and mountain sides… big weapons, tats, armor… outrageous monsters…

Makes sense, MONSTER HUNTER is a Japanese game so profit there and China is drawn to American action schlock like a moth to a flame. for some reason.

Now you know why this is probably going to work.

But you also now know why it’s probably going to be not that good. :stuck_out_tongue:

Paul then puts together his “easy plots”, half-naked Milla Jovovich in fur, using giant swords and weapons. Paul deviates from the source, but he’s not going to do so in the way of say… that SUPER MARIO BROS. movie.

Instead he’s going to try and put together a competent movie that can be called “Monster Hunter” if it wasn’t about the game… and he’s going to cut an action-packed trailer. The bar for it to be considered a success will be low enough that it clears that hurdle since it cost less than 1/5th of a Marvel Super Hero film…

And there you go… another Paul W.S. Anderson franchise… starring his wife… and so on. :stuck_out_tongue:

When I was a child I watched an action movie that I liked. Since Yesterday I’ve been thinking to it. I don’t remember the name and the actors, but I would like to see it again. It was about a man looking for reveange for his wife’s or his son’s death. The main villain was a dirty cop with long blonde hair. At the end of the movie he was killed by the protagonist who made him fall from a building. He felt on a piano.

I remember only some other scenes. For example, when some false cops killed a black gangster.
I hope you can help me to find this movie

Something similar to Point Break. Although the ending has the villain killing himself in a storm. No idea though, sorry.

There is a very old sci-fi B-movie where the only thing I remember is that the good guys had this high tech SUV like vehicle with bubble canopies and it was driving through a swamp.

I keep seeing that sequence again but can’t remember the name of the movie… :stuck_out_tongue:

Aladdin teaser

Waiting for Deadshot over here…

if there isnt a giant red Cobra in the End, i’m pissed.