General Movie News

Hmm No I already wallow in my own self-hatred. Don’t want to add 7 billion more people to that total

1 Like

I wasn’t calling you a twaddle, that wouldn’t even make sense. I was referencing the opinion. The opinion was twaddle. But your sentiment stands. Fair enough.

0 Likes

I see your point about disliking it versus hating it. But I hate Inglorious Bastards. Hate it. And that has nothing to do with any kind of politics, I hate it on a pure filmmaking level.

0 Likes

For me I dislike a film if despite positive characteristics has more negatives and I hate a movie if it does nothing or so very little right (and not in an entertaining way). For example I dislike In The Mouth Of Madness by John Carpenter, I hate The Holy Mountain by Alejandro Jodorowski (you would be surprised at how often people are shocked to know that about me).

0 Likes

I’m with you there, it’s his most over-rated under-rated film. If you get me.

Ashamed to say I haven’t seen that one.

1 Like

That is a number bolstered only by the amount of Lovecraft worshippers even Carrie is better. His most under-rated film to me is They Live or Andromeda Strain

Don’t be. Unless you are really devoted to the most full-on, wild and abstract art-house cinema you won’t be.

0 Likes

Look, we can all disagree on what film is good or bad, but we can all agree that A Serbian Film and The Human Centipede are complete garbage, and The Room is the greatest movie ever made

0 Likes

Yes I think those are the only three opinions in all of cinema that are objectively correct.

2 Likes

Kler wasn’t released in the United States, and without a distributor there, you can’t qualify for the Oscars. According to the rules, you also have to screen the film in Los Angeles for a certain amount of time.
The exception to this is the Foreign Language category where committees from each country submit a chosen film to the Academy. As expected, Poland chose Cold War over Kler, which turned out to be the right decision.

I loved Cold War and it deserves all the praise it gets. Though, it looks like it’ll be a big night for Roma this year.

2 Likes

I’m curious what people think of this

Personally, I don’t believe that the woman’s grief overrides the right of the filmmakers to go for an Oscar, and generally push their film wherever they want.

(Was torn as to whether to post this here or in the general news thread, decided here was more fitting)

0 Likes

Oh look I’ve found a friend

Batman Begins might be the only comic book movie I like. I’ve stopped watching them a while ago, though. X-Men franchise ain’t bad either. My issue is the ubiquity of them.

:cry: Even the basement scene?

Yep.

1 Like

Great scene. No question the man can put together a great scene. But as a film on the whole, no. Can’t stand it.

2 Likes

To be honest I believe that movies have their right to be made, however I find it distasteful that they haven’t reached out to the family to ask for their accept.

It’s quite understandable that the family would have strong feelings regarding such a film. In the end it shouldn’t be necessary to get copyright agreements on one’s life in case someone wants to capitalise on one’s misfortune.

It forces the family back into a media frenzy that they might not wish to be part of to relive their son’s murder.

0 Likes

I started reading that article and I thought it was about Whitey Bulger

1 Like

Looking forward to Polar with my man crush Mads releasing tomorrow on Netflix.

0 Likes

UltraUltra’s video game ECHO will be making the jump to the big screen thanks to John Wick creator Derek Kolstad.
With the announcement of a Hitman series and now this, it seems Kolstad has a thing for IO (and Ex-IO) Devs.

1 Like

Anyone wanna talk about this? Looks spooky.

0 Likes

I saw that trailer last night, I don’t know what to think about it. I’m not sure how great the CGI is but it looks different and he’s a good actor so I’ll definitely give it a watch.

0 Likes

The Annie Awards happened recently (awards show dedicated to animated films/TV shows), and one notable thing from the event was that Spider-Verse won in each category it was nominated for, bringing in 7 awards for the team.

1 Like

0 Likes