General News 1.0

Dear God, that right there should have been an impeachable and indictable offense, even if spoken in jest. Richard Pryor and George Carlin working together could never tell a joke as big as America.

2 Likes

What the fuck.

A leak, to the wapo. I hope it’s just a detail by happenstance, and not seeding, preparing whats to come. Because if so, Holy Fuck.

Apparently the warrant will be unsealed.

3 Likes

It gets better, apparently the informant the FBI used was someone closer to Trump and it is making Trump paranoid.

6 Likes

Salman Rushdie was attacked onstage at a lecture in NYC. It’s still early so details are all over the place and his condition is unknown, though, as I was typing this, the New York police confirmed that he was stabbed in the neck.

Rushdie has been flown to a local hospital and the attacker is in custody.

Update: In a press conference, NY Governor Kathy Hochul has confirmed that Rushdie is still alive and that he is “getting the care he needs”.

10 Likes

Seems Khomeini still has fans…

3 Likes

I am more willing to bet the attacker is actually a fan of the three point three million dollar bounty attached to the Fatwa.

3 Likes

That’s about as serious as it gets on the list of federal crimes, short of unambiguous treason. This. Is. Real. Trump. Is. Fucked.

6 Likes

This is as real as all of the other times people have said “This is real, we are in the endgame now. He is fucked and there is nothing he can do now!”

It isn’t over until he is dead, nothing more than six feet of soil will ever actually stop the rich from doing anything unsavoury.

Shame the Espionage Act is Trash. The worst of the Acts. It has been weaponized against ordinary citizens for too long.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s an if they do anything, but if they do, he’s fucked. I can feel it; something is genuinely different this time. This man has just done so many things wrong for so long, decades, and it’s all piled up and exposed now, I truly think that this time, this is the one guy who might actually get the collective boot in the ass. Remains to be see , but if it’s ever gonna happen, I think this is gonna be the time.

1 Like

His agent has given an update on Rushdie’s condition.

“Salman will likely lose one eye; the nerves in his arm were severed; and his liver was stabbed and damaged,” his agent, Andrew Wylie said.

9 Likes

“Hey guys, do you want to run over your child for science?”

6 Likes

Throwing themselves in front of the car seems less diabolical and not (or at least less) criminal.

3 Likes

True but this was done in response to a video showing a Tesla hitting a child dummy allegedly while in its FSD mode. So they want to use a real kid with a car they want to guarantee is in FSD mode. This is basically publicity stunt but everyone involved is stupid.

2 Likes

The newly minted corpse’s Ricky Shiffer, surprisingly not the name of a Looney Tunes character.

His last tweet:

3 Likes

Troy: Are you proposing terrorism?
Ricky: Not but actually I mean yes and it is Stochastic terrorism which is the best kind of terrorism.

1 Like

If I recall correctly, a religious organization offered ~$2.3 million on top of that for Rushdie’s assassination.

If the Obama administration hadn’t been using the Espionage Act to jail and persecute legitimate whistleblowers in the 8 years preceding Trump, then maybe this would actually mean something.

2 Likes

It can still mean something. Everything that’s meant to be good can be abused, and this is no different. People had a lower opinion of whistleblowers at that time, but so much had changed in that time. Now, the majority of people like whistleblowers die not how much corruption and criminality has increased, and now it’s time to use things like this Act in the way they were meant to be used.

Christ’s sake, please don’t #bothsides this now.

1 Like