General News 1.0

There’s an article about the burning Hijab protests that @Hichkas was talking about in another thread, I think.

7 Likes

Tons of videos I could share but they’re on twitter…

:point_down:

also

10 Likes

Ah so that is the reason why Biden tweeted the same thing. Mins the daft prat part.

3 Likes

NSW never intended to give us that fucking water. It is what NSW does best hoard the water for cotton, rice and whatever else NSW is fundamentally ill-equipped t grow then stall it by asking for buybacks no farmer will give you.

The family of slain journalist Shireen Abu Akleh have submitted a complaint to the ICC. It is believed that Akleh was killed by IDF soldiers while reporting on an attack on a Palestinian refugee camp.

The ICC are also investigating the settlements as well as Israel’s treatment of Palestinians.

And it keeps going.

It isn’t a surprise to me, I remember incidents like Adam Goodes and how footy fans act when they release NAIDOC jerseys. Why should the owners be different?

3 Likes

The Justice Department can resume using the Mar-a-Lago records in their investigation.

And a prominent insurrectionist has agreed to meet with the Jan 6 committee. I’m sure she’ll be truthful and forthcoming.

Speaking of, season 2 starts in one week, on the 28th.

4 Likes

1. Cellular internet (and a few dozen ADSL ISPs) are completely shut off. There isn’t any other cellular provider. (well there is, but everyone uses these three)

2. By regional, they mean it’s the stone age in Kurdistan.

3. WhatsApp and Instagram are unavailable. Here’s a screenshot I found, the message is delivered to no one (and ironically says “WhatsApp is filtered”). And hey, Instagram was the last major unfiltered social platform.

Oppression forces are using ambulances to transport units.
Video1 Video2

A 15-year old boy in Garmsar was shot in the head, died instantly.
Video image

A 16-year old boy in Oshnavieh was shot in the heart, died instantly.
Video

A 13-year old kid (seems to be a girl) was shot in the head, died instantly.
Video

A man in Rasht, looks to be 30-ish, was shot in the head, died instantly.
Video

A boy in Shar-e-Ray was shot dead. Looks to be in the head.
Video

A man, shot dead in an unspecified city.
Video

12 Likes

The fuck is this country even doing?

8 Likes

it feels a little like this:

5 Likes

Recently the USA abolished prescription of child abuse.

(I think, I could not verify that is the case in all states)

A certain organization spent 10 million USD to lobby against that.

Without allowing the forum to do an embed hiere, make a guess first which organization that might be and then click on the article here.

10 Likes

We are all made of asteroid sweat.

6 Likes

Sounds a bit click-baity to me; literally everything was seeded from outer space.

It’s the first time they’ve discovered water on an asteroid. And it has organic material. If that doesn’t interest you, fine, but it’s hardly “click-baity”.

3 Likes

I just meant with the descriptor, how they worded that. The substance is good stuff, I just would have worded it differently to catch attention.

Edit: actually, not the title, just the descriptor.

How is the descriptor “click-baity”? Life being seeded from space has long been a theory. This is new evidence that supports that theory.

2 Likes

It is quite surprising there can be liquid water on asteroids since in the vacuum water is either ice or vapor. The absence of pressure makes ice that gets hot enough sublimate, not melt.

Too bad this article does not explain how that is possible. I don’t think you can mix something into water to make it possible to exist in liquid form in space, it makes more sense to me to be encapsulated under pressure somehow, but mining such a structure would break it and exposes to the vacuum. Unless you break off a chunk with the structure inside intact.

What I don’t like about the “life/chemicals that form life come form outer space” is that still does not answer where that comes from then.

4 Likes

I didn’t respond before because I didn’t quite know how to describe why I felt the way I felt, but @Urben kinda articulated it in the way I meant.

Then maybe you should take the time to better articulate your responses. :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I was, that’s why I hadn’t responded yet. I wasn’t sure how I wanted to put it. But yeah, that’s pretty much it: it seems click-baity to me because it starts with a descriptor hinting that the key to life might have come from outer space, which is redundant because the material for everything on this planet originated in outer space, so it’s a kind of no duh moment. Seems more like they’re trying to draw in readers because of the maybes the discover implicates, rather than the discovery itself. That’s how I see it upon reading that descriptor and seeing what’s within.

2 Likes

The material, yes, but numerous chemicals are made from these materials here on earth. The question is if all chemicals needed for life came from space or not.
So new findings about this are indeed worth reporting.

4 Likes