General News 1.0

The Victorian man who filmed police officers he ran over has now breached found to have breached bail after the police raided his home.

God I hope Ankara does the right thing.

Another earthquake has struck Croatia killing six (at the time the article was written)

“Adam Coy failed to live up to the standards of the Columbia PD”? He fucking killed a person you fuckwits! That is the complete opposite of his job! He needs to be in jail like literally anyone else in any other profession.

Next week: We lied we actually have six times the “official” infection total also Putin has had it three times now.

Oh for fuck’s sake Mitch even your master wants this! Are you so senile you forgot whose side you are on? Also Loeffler doing a stunning backflip to help her election chances is hysterical.

3 Likes

Also, Richard Pusey? Really?

Talk about embarrassing nicknames.

2 Likes
1 Like

Meanwhile the UK has recorded the highest daily total of cases at 51,000+.

2/3 of the country could soon be under Tier 4 restrictions and the virus doesn’t seem to be slowing down at all.

Fed up now. Can’t see any end in sight.

1 Like
1 Like

This is going to be a disaster.

2 Likes

what’s the context? i’m not up on israel’s internal politics.

Tesla? Good Guys? HAR!

Elon Musk is a Cyberpunk villain and Tesla is Militech.

1 Like
5 Likes

I sense they will see an increase in “medical tourism” :joy:

2 Likes

Well since the Haredi parties are very right-wing, Netanyahu is the only person they’d actually go into a coalition with. If they don’t support him, it’s going to be a mess of a coalition that is likely to fall very soon after its inception.

1 Like

IIRC Netanyahu struggled to build a coalition last time too? He’s certainly not loved by all.

1 Like

Yeah, this election is kind of like “Netanyahu vs the centre-right” when the last one was “Netanyahu and the right vs everyone”. A unique part of Israeli politics is parties are very unstable. Likud is the oldest party and is stable. Labor is the 2nd-oldest but they’re pretty much dead at this point. But now everyone is forming their own political party, and if the Haredim pull their support from Netanyahu (which I don’t think will happen), he might have to look towards the Arab parties for support, which would be insane, but if anyone could pull it off, it’s Bibi.

1 Like

And so it is in politics, dear brother, each for himself alone; there is no other.
-Geoffrey Chaucer

That’s actually one of my fav quotes. I may have put in on the old forum. If the show is to be believed, Thatcher asked the Queen to dissolve parliament. Nixon broke into the opponents HQ like it was another countries government, and now Trump is trying anything he can think of to keep power.
Edit: and Stalin shot all of his army officers. All of them, bc he heard one might try to kill him. I’m sure there’s many more examples but the first 3 are relatively recent and in civil society, Stalin’s in just insane.

2 Likes

That’s what being a paranoid psychopath does to you, I guess.

1 Like

As anyone from New South Wales can tell you it is exceedingly hard to housebreak New Zealanders.

Don’t worry Phillips I played video games during my Zoom tutorials. But when I slack off I didn’t have hundreds of thousands of people who depend on me right now.

They found a woolly rhino preserved in the Siberian permafrost. I hear it already has a job in the Parliament for this prehistoric fossil.

2 Likes

Time to fire up the grill!

2 Likes

Oh and here is a choice selection of portrait photographs. Props to this one is Sam Jackson and his wife LaTanya Jackson (By Damon Casarez, Sam Jackson now looks like somebody’s wise old grandpa.

1 Like

At this point, I would be kind of surprised if she doesn’t get the job full time when Popovich retires.

1 Like

Expensive? Unnecessary? Environmentally Unfriendly? Sounds like a typical Australian infrastructure project. Luckily if it is like any of the others it will take a decade to get off the ground and another one to build the fucking thing.

No shit.

England has reached a deal with Spain over control and status of Gibraltar. It is like a divorce, luckily the kid is already fucked from all those naval incursions

1 Like