General News 1.0

Just sharing an information, the below link is helpful for forecasting any weather especially storms and rainfall. The forecast is not accurate but it helps in worst case scenarios to predict time - note the play button below to get animated forecasting view.

5 Likes

Denmark puts energy sector on alert after Nord Stream leaks: ministry

Two leaks have been identified on the Nord Stream 1 Russia-Europe gas pipeline in the Baltic Sea, hours after a similar leak was found on its twin Nord Stream 2 pipeline, Scandinavian authorities say, adding that while the pipeline is not in operation it contains gas

The situation is being actively investigated. Evenmore since Russia and the EU are in an energy war, linked to the invasion of Ukraine.

UPDATE : Polish PM is already talking of the three leaks as an act of sabotage.

‘Hard to imagine’ Nord Stream gas pipeline leaks ‘accidental’: Danish PM

SECOND UPDATE : two explosions were registered before the leaks were detected. The leaks are visible from the surface, as pictured by the Danish Air Force.

Also : today is the end of the Russian “referendums”.

Even after the vote the annexation will happen only after Russia passes legislation to do so. But it is expected to be quick.
It should be said that russian federation forces don’t even control a some of the territories they want to annex. And are fighting in others.

For the sake of information, here is how the timeline from Crimea was :

• 27 February 2014 : russian federation forces take control of Crimea
  • 16 March 2014 : a referendum is held in the region to join RF (officially 97 percent approve)
  • 21 March 2014 : the Russian Federation formally annex Crimea
6 Likes
4 Likes

Glad to see that push. I’m all for labor opportunities in prison. It’s gotta be optional though. I know Nevada criminals do (or used to) make license plates and made a fair wage for it. They would get out with some savings, but unpaid and/or forced is nonsense.

1 Like

Exactly. Not everyone in prison is some sort of degenerate and they don’t need to be treated like wild animals.

2 Likes

While I appreciate your sentiment, I’m not sure that’s the point. Let’s pretend for a second they are all degenerates, they still wouldn’t need forced labor to make them better. Forced classes maybe, but forced labor is just a way to take advantage of them.

You’re right though that no one should be treated like wild animals.

2 Likes

That’s true. Even if they have committed some horrific crime, they still don’t deserve the forced labor. I should have made that more clear in my last post, but I agree with you.

3 Likes
7 Likes
3 Likes
5 Likes

Shit, what the hell is he playing. I don’t trust anything that evil, conniving bastard does that seems positive. He’s always got a play of some kind, a scheme…

1 Like

I went down down down, and the flames went higher

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-09-27/uk-markets-have-lost-500-billion-since-truss-took-over

1 Like

Just fucking kill me now.

3 Likes

Is this a good or bad thing? On the surface seems good (not the breach), but your response makes me question it.

He works for the passport office so this may mean a big workload?

@Accidental_Kills98 am I right?

2 Likes

Yep, if they do make them free it creates more work for us now and more work later when their passports are inevitably delayed due to the current backlog.

5 Likes
7 Likes

Like a week after that, they are seen using kids as troops:

6 Likes

Small thing, and quickly dispersed, but Iranians have support :

Chanting the “Women, life, freedom!” mantra used in Iran, Afghan women protested outside Iran’s embassy in Kabul

Taliban forces fire shots into the air to disperse a women’s rally supporting protests in Iran over the death of a woman in the custody of morality police.

9 Likes

Power outtage map:

Ian is now just a storm and is leaving Florida on the Atlantic side. They expect it regain hurricane status and then crash into the Carolina coast maybe on Friday. Death toll already in the hundreds and they haven’t really started counting yet.

5 Likes