General News 1.0

Simpsons did it! Simpsons did it!

5 Likes

The higher they are, The Harder They Fall.

5 Likes

7 Likes
5 Likes

Welcome to my moon base!

1 Like

You know what I particularly hate about Elon Musk? At least Trump and DeSantis have the conviction to say out their horrible opinions. Musk is too much of a coward and weakling to actually take a stand, and just piggybacks off other horrible ideas from horrible people with vague dogwhistles like this.

12 Likes

I hate that 17K people can’t do basic factchecking or remember that the Colorado Springs shooter was lying to avoid hate crime charges. If I ran Twitter Benny the Bitch would personally get the Perma-ban hammer.

5 Likes

I certainly hope a few of the other regular offenders would get the axe as well.

3 Likes

I basically have a Nixonian enemies list and I only browse Twitter twice daily.

3 Likes

I also love this absolute demographic double standard in mass shootings. Well over 95% of mass shooters are straight white men of somewhat similar economic backgrounds, but none of these people ever even BREATHE a word about it, whether they be in the media, a politician, or influencer (whether on the right or left!). The ONLY time I’ve ever seen this noticeable and important characteristic brought up about mass shooters was in a sociology class specifically about men (needless to say that’s a very niche subject in a field that already isn’t very well respected or represented in general, nevermind in right wing media).

It’s such an important characteristic when discussing the origin mentality of mass shooters and how the predisposition to become a mass shooter forms with this “culture of honor” that infests the communities of many white Americans and American gun owners (especially in the south), where violence is considered an acceptable and honorable response to perceived slights and grievances.

But suddenly ONE trans person defies that immensely one sided demographic trend and suddenly its the trans peoples fault and representative of the “social justice boogeymen” that these people all fear? It’s just so embarrassing how afraid some people are of a population demographic that is not only so incredibly minute in population numbers (literally less than 0.6% of the ENTIRE US population), but is also far more often a target and victim of hate and prejudice than a perpetrator. But because the base rate of how many trans people there are is so low and they encounter so few over the course of their entire life they form their opinions based on the perceptions and stereotypes formed off of one or two trans people.

And the saddest thing is that more often then not there’s nothing the few people who are in power and care will do about it. They’re far too busy worrying about about larger issues and winning elections to care and fight for this small group of people that won’t win them elections.

Sorry, that got very rant-y but I’m just sick of all this right wing yelling and uninformed ignorant conjecture about a group of people who practically don’t even exist in the slightest in these people’s lives. They make legislation that only makes people’s lives worse and in legacy only would have applied to a small handful of people anyways. All because they don’t want to solve real issues because of conflict of interest, uninformed voter opinions, and to get in the way of their opposition. I’m sick of this two party tug of war on minor things that should be common sense while the major social and economic issues get ignored for further exploitation.

6 Likes

As a straight white man with a not-inconsiderable amount of discontent inside, I can safely say with full certainty that if a transgender person, a non-heterosexual person, a person of color, and myself were to all walk into a public space together, the chances are above 90% that I’m the most likely person to pull out a weapon and blaze away. I can make that claim about myself, and these assholes can’t admit this truth to themselves or the nation to save lives? The US has become absolutely pathetic.

1 Like

Trans people are the only people it is this acceptable to demonize at the moment. Absolutely repulsive to see how they’re treated, talked about and discussed - Often without being even included in said discussion. I think we’ll look back on this time in a few decades as a very dark one, and feel a not insignificant amount of shame about how disgusting and dehumanizing the discourse was.

10 Likes

a rant is generally just an incoherent rage-babble. you spoke the truth and you spoke from the heart.

2 Likes

As expected, the Kentucky legislature has overridden Gov. Bashear’s veto to pass what some are calling “the worst anti-trans bill in the country”.

My god, am I sick of this bullshit.

4 Likes
10 Likes

To borrow a phrase from Gandalf, this indictment will be like the falling of small stones that starts an avalanche. And I hope this bloated, false-haired criminal fuck is buried in it.

did he say that in the simarillion or two towers?

3 Likes

They’re still being charged, but Romania can only hold on to their worthless asses on for a total of 90 days, so they better hurry up.

9 Likes

Romania’s justice system being incompetent / corrupt once more.

Speaking of incompetence and corruption in Romania

Can’t wait for the next Schengen talks. :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Honestly would not be surprised if part of their strategy is to see how many more charges etc he makes himself liable for or just straight up admits to in that 90 days.

1 Like