General News Thread 2.0

It seems likely that under their own contracts, United had no right to demand he give up his seat in the first place:

I do feel bad for the staff who are just working because they need to make a living and now have to put up with abuse and concerns of losing their jobs - but the root cause of the problem is that United (like many US airlines) overbooks planes and in this case decided that they’d rather eject a paying customer (calling in the airport police to do so) rather than find alternative arrangements.

Since the executives have backed this decision, it seems likely this is a matter of policy rather than individuals.

heh

Biggest non-nuclear bomb in US arsenal dropped on Afghanistan.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/u-s-may-launch-strike-if-north-korea-reaches-nuclear-n746366?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_ma

"The U.S. is prepared to launch a preemptive strike with conventional weapons against North Korea should officials become convinced that North Korea is about to follow through with a nuclear weapons test, multiple senior U.S. intelligence officials told NBC News.

North Korea has warned that a “big event” is near, and U.S. officials say signs point to a nuclear test that could come as early as this weekend.

Multiple government officials familiar with the situation say President Trump has talked to Chinese president Xi twice about North Korea since their Florida summit.

China has since sent its top nuclear negotiators to Pyongyang to communicate the gravity of the situation to the North, officials say. On Wednesday, President Xi called for a peaceful resolution to the escalating tensions.

Moscow has weighed in as well: “We are gravely concerned about Washington’s plans regarding North Korea, considering hints about the unilateral use of a military scenario” the Putin government said in a press release issued on Tuesday."

My question now are, is Donald Trump about to start world war 3? We have the bombing in Afghanistan and Syria and now North Korea is maybe next, Russia didn’t like the Syria bombing and Putin will not be happy if US is attacking North Korea, thoughts?

I wonder if Trump used that bomb just to show North Korea what weapons US have if North Korea does the nuclear weapons test, like a warning.

im pretty sure that was the point of the 59 missiles launched at Syria, to pretty much say “We aren’t fucking around anymore.”

Then again, what do I know.

Like with anything relating to Trump, it’s more than likely all about him swinging around his dick and trying to appear powerful—or “great,” as he would say.

I dont think its going to be WW3 because Europea is pretty peaceful

I agree and having a mindset like that when you have the most powerful military in the world scares me a lot.
At least in my eyes, a country leader strenght isn’t measured in how many or how big bombs you can launch towards another country, a strong leader does everything he/she can to resolve the issues peacefully.

Thats just your option about Strong Leader;)

If it escalate between Russia/China/North Korea and Syria against USA, i’m pretty sure NATO countries is dragged into a war.

The president also made clear that if the Chinese were unable to defuse the situation, the U.S. would go to alone. On Thursday, he tweeted: “I have great confidence that China will properly deal with North Korea. If they are unable to do so, the U.S., and its allies will!”

I don’t know what allies Trump is talking about, Norway is allied with USA but i haven’t read about we are going to join USA if USA is attacking North Korea.

Yes it is.

It would pretty interesting Alliance with China,Russia and North korea because Russia is not communist anymore:D

Ok, I’ll chime in my 2 cents.

The whole NK thing reminds me of that scene that’s been done in a hundred movies:

Victim gets ahold of bad dudes gun and points it saying “Don’t come any closer or I’ll shoot.”

Bad dude steps closer.

I mean it, I’ll shoot.

Bad dude steps closer.

I’m not kidding.

Bad dude steps closer, snatches the gun away and pistol-whips the shit out of the victim.

Then we’re all in the audience saying, “wtf, why didn’t you shoot. What a dumbass.”

So at what point exactly do we shoot? Or do we just play the movie dumbass and let the bad dude kick our ass? So many lines in the sand have been drawn. All have been stepped over. I’m not saying bombing is the right (or wrong) answer. But shit’s gotta happen. The trigger needs to be pulled in some fashion very soon.

North Korea would be suicidal to try to attack the US, but then again Kim is a crazy fuck.

It really does feel like WWIII is around the corner. If only wars could be settled with the leaders having a fist fight or something like that lol.

Kim Jong Un vs Donald Trump in a fist fight would be funny, go Trump.

This is real life though, and not a movie. Preemptive action against North Korea is not really going to be justifiable at this point. Because that will be three countries trump has dropped bombs on since January.

North_Korea.mp4

I agree, will North Korea ever use nuclear weapons against other countries?
And what will be the result if USA attacking North Korea? Will it change anything, besides fuel the hate towards the west?

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/A/AS_KOREAS_TENSION_THE_LATEST?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2017-04-14-01-01-31

""PYONGYANG, North Korea (AP) – The Latest on tensions on the Korean Peninsula:

A senior Russian lawmaker says the U.S. is a greater threat to global peace than North Korea.

Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi says there would be no winners in an armed conflict between the U.S. and North Korea over Pyongyang’s nuclear weapons and missile programs.

Wang told reporters Friday that all sides must stop provoking and threatening each other in their words and actions and take a flexible approach to resuming dialogue.

Wang says: Once a war really happens, the result will be nothing but multiple-loss. No one can become a winner.""

North Korea’s vice foreign minister says President Donald Trump’s policy toward the country is more “vicious and aggressive” than President Barack Obama’s.

Vice Minister Han Song Ryol told The Associated Press that Trump’s tweets were making trouble in the region.

Trump tweeted Tuesday that the North was “looking for trouble” and if China didn’t do its part to rein in Pyongyang’s nuclear ambitions, the U.S. could handle it alone.

Han said: “We are comparing Trump’s policy toward the DPRK with the former administrations and we have concluded that it’s becoming more vicious and more aggressive.” The country’s official name is the Democratic People’s Republic of Korea.

But Han said it was prepared for provocative acts. “Whatever comes from U.S. politicians, if their words are designed to overthrow the DPRK system and government, we will categorically reject them.”"

If USA is attacking North Korea i think Trump have to kill Kim Jong-Un and his regime for been able to make changes in North Korea and stay in North Korea to help build up a new government.

**"**Russia’s Recent Expansion of Economic Assistance to North Korea

On February 3, 2017, North Koream leader Kim Jong-un sent out Lunar New Year greeting cards to numerous world leaders, highlighting the DPRK’s array of international allies. Even though China has been frequently described as North Korea’s leading international ally, Pyongyang’s state-controlled news agency, KCNA, listed Russia at the top of the list of countries friendly toward the DPRK, relegating China to second place."

Me neither, but what’s happening now is a bit frightening and it’s interesting to see what other forum members are thinking about this :smiley:.

Trump using MOABs and thinking about attacking North Korea? Someones been playing too much mercenaries. :joy:

Well duh, I’m just comparing the scenarios. Pussyfootin around with sanctions that have zefo affect on anyone other than the innocent civilians is pointless in this situation. How far do we let them go before anyone takes a more aggressive approach? Like I said, I’m not necessarily saying bombing is the answer. But something other than sitting on our hands and waiting until the worst happens before acting is not going to cut it.

I’m not going to get into a big ol discussion about this. I just was putting my opinion out there on how I see the situation.

Ok, so something other than sanctions - but not bombing and nothing military related?