General News Thread 2.0

Another school shooting that won’t really be covered. Here today gone tomorrow.

Looks like the shooter might have been a female student. That’s new.

This is indeed very rare. Not only a female student but 12 years old too.

In case you did not know Venezuela is a poor, violent, insecure and hungry country (particularly so in marginal hoods) here’s something for you to read… or translate and then read.

TL;DR: a couple teenagers killed another teenager over a debt and when considering how to hide the corpse, they decided eating it would be much more rewarding.

Also, this is not the first registered case of recent cannibalism, there are also news of about 4 months ago in which some inmates ate one another on a prison.

Well look at that. Cannibalistic sociopaths are quite common today. Just some weeks ago we had another of this cases here in bearutiful Mexico.

At least those maniacs kept the body themselves. In the case of this poor lady, her ex-husband was planning to sell the meat in his restaurant. The worst part, the pics fo her remains inside containers now are part of the public domain and that the guy still is on the run. Just recently his mother was arrested for helping him with the disposal of the corpse.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/nigel-farage-spots-gap-in-irish-political-market-for-irexit-party-1.3379310?mode=amp
What a load of shit. Fuck Brexit and fuck Nigel Farage.

Farage is one of the most loathsome individuals in British politics. His values include slagging off the NHS on Fox News, for money. Fuck him.

Speaking of despicable people:

Can’t even begin to imagine how much this must cost taxpayers

I do not get what you’re trying to get to.

You put that tweet in a context as if there had been a study of the implementation of the Sharia Law, funded by taxpayer money and approved by the left. Yet the first paragraph clearly states the study was independant, executed by early 2016’s Home Secretary (Theresa May) and it was about the incompatibility of taking such a measure.

Are you trying to mock “the left” (knowing that British left is central at best) of not knowing that the conservative right issued a study on the application of the Sharia Law, quoting a right-wing nationalist as source?

Raheem Kassam - Editor of Breitbart London. Hmm. Interesting. From the foreword of that review:

Over a year ago I was asked by the then Home Secretary to chair an independent review
into sharia law, specifically within sharia councils in England and Wales. The review’s terms
of reference focused on whether sharia law is being misused or applied in a way that is
incompatible with the domestic law in England and Wales, and in particular whether there
were discriminatory practices against women who use sharia councils.

So I don’t think this is quite the damning corroboration between Government and Islamism that alarmists like Kassam will pretend it is. In fact, I doubt he even read it.

He also said Ireland’s been “humiliated” by the EU. Meanwhile, Nigel Farage himself has been humiliated by the entire fucking world. And remember that time he blamed the NHS for not managing to save his baw from cancer, and now he’s got one baw? Yeah, what if there wasn’t an NHS? What then, Nigel?

Whats Your problem with Sharia?>:( Fucking conservative learn to respect other cultures

I just dont get it, why do some of these idiots cant live peacefully without imposing forceful religious laws. Sharia or not, WHY?!? Just fucking live and let others live. We all believe that ‘our’ imaginary friend is the real god, or we know exactly what god wants. Fucking bullshit.

We have made religion, religious books, stupid fucking punishments for the apostates, countries, flags and what not.

Empires have risen and fallen just because of this and the cycle will continue because we as a species are fucked.

Probably that it might be in a conflict with UK’s own laws. I don’t know what Sharia says but I know that Islamic judicial system differs from the western one pretty much. It’d be also cool if all of those following Sharia would respect the culture of the country they’re living in which is not exactly the case. I’m speaking from experience, not from prejudice.
Also please stop using the word “conservative” as a term of abuse like it meant same as nazi.

But one of the rules of Sharia law is that you respect the laws of the country in which you’re living, unless it is in direct contradiction to Sharia law.

You are 100% correct :grinning:.

http://www.daruliftaa.com/node/5852

Muslims are generally obliged to abide by the laws of the land and the country they live in, whether it is a Islamic state (al-khilafa), Muslim countries, or non-Muslim countries such as those in the west, as long as they are not ordered to practice something that is against Shariah. If they are forced by the law to commit a sin, then in such a case, it will not just be unnecessary to abide by the law, rather impermissible.

Some Muslims are under the impression that it is permissible to violate the laws of countries that are not an Islamic state (al-Khilafa), which is totally incorrect. Muslims must adhere to the laws of any country they live in, whether in the west or the east, as long as the law is not in contradiction with one’s religion.

Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Umar (Allah be pleased with him) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace) said: “It is necessary upon a Muslim to listen to and obey the ruler, as long as one is not ordered to carry out a sin. If he is commanded to commit a sin, then there is no adherence and obedience.” (Sahih al-Bukhari, no. 2796 & Sunan Tirmidhi)

In conclusion, it is necessary by Shariah to abide by the laws of the country one lives in, regardless of the nature of the law, as long as it does not contradict Shariah.

Now this is fascinating.

I hope that this means the country’s laws are still what matter the most and, for example, if a Muslim breaks Sharia law, the punishment is equivalent to the country’s law, not to Sharia. I don’t know about their laws, so I just want to make sure what they count as a sin. Is not giving a proper punishment to a lawbreaker a sin? What about women’s rights/minority rights?

I’d be cool with that if it said “Obey Shariah, as long as it doesn’t contradict the country’s laws.”

Initial planning for the military parade requested by President Donald Trump is now underway, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Joseph Dunford has confirmed.

It is expected that the Army Military District of Washington, which oversees some military activities in the city, will be designated to coordinate parade planning, according to a senior defense official.

One option being considered is to hold the parade in November in conjunction with the 100th anniversary of the ending of World War I on November 11, 1918, the official said.

Military planners will now look not only at dates and locations for the parade, but also costs, logistics and whether it is feasible to hold a parade displaying large weaponry such as tanks on Pennsylvania Avenue.

Surrounded by the military’s highest ranking officials, including Defense Secretary Jim Mattis and Joint Chiefs Chairman Gen. Joe Dunford, Trump’s seemingly abstract desire for a parade was suddenly heard as a presidential directive, the officials said.

“The marching orders were: I want a parade like the one in France,” said a military official who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the planning discussions are supposed to remain confidential. “This is being worked at the highest levels of the military.”

American shows of military strength don’t come cheap. The cost of shipping Abrams tanks and high-tech hardware to Washington could run in the millions, and military officials said it was unclear how they would pay for it.

Still, the official said Trump is determined to have a parade. “The president wants to do something that highlights the service and sacrifice of the military and have a unifying moment for the country,” the official said.

White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders confirmed on Tuesday that Trump requested such an event.

“President Trump is incredibly supportive of America’s great service members who risk their lives every day to keep our country safe. He has asked the Department of Defense to explore a celebration at which all Americans can show their appreciation,” Sanders said.

Trump had previously considered the idea of a military parade through the streets of the nation’s capital after attending France’s Bastille Day as the guest of honor in July. The president admired the country’s celebrations, and called the parade “magnificent.”

Aboard Air Force One en route home from Paris last July, aides said Trump told them he was dazzled by the French display and said he wanted one at home.

It was still on his mind two months later when he met with Macron on the sidelines of the United Nations General Assembly in New York.

“It was one of the greatest parades I’ve ever seen,” Trump told reporters. “It was two hours on the button, and it was military might, and I think a tremendous thing for France and for the spirit of France.”

Seated next to Macron, Trump added: “We’re going to have to try to top it.”

The president reportedly ordered: “I want a parade like the one in France,” with soldiers marching and tanks rolling.

Democrats compared the plan to displays of military might organised by autocratic nations.

“What an absurd waste of money!” tweeted Representative Jim McGovern. “Trump acts more like dictator than president. Americans deserve better.”

Representative Jackie Speier, a member of the House Armed Services Committee, told CNN: “I was stunned by it, to be quite honest… we have a Napoleon in the making here.”

Several retired military personnel have also condemned the plan, saying the money would be better served improving conditions for veterans or raising military wages.

Speaking to CNN, Lt Gen Mark Hertling said: “I don’t know a whole lot of soldiers who like them [parades].”

“The military will do whatever the commander in chief asks them to do - but it’s not a good idea for our military.”

The last time a military parade marched through Washington, D.C. was at the conclusion of the Gulf War in June 1991. The National Victory Celebration Parade, which strolled down Constitution Avenue, reportedly cost more than $12 million.

Can we just take a moment to admire the fact that Elon Musks car has set course to Mars?

That moment when the life of a dummy is more exciting than yours…

Not news, but this short movie depicts a real world issue in some countries, especially this is what the USA is facing. Please watch the full thing and the last message from the narrator.