General News Thread 2.0

Can we agree to censor lootboxes first, instead of going after nudity? Thanks.

Yes, let’s continue a giveaway for weapons that cause these things to happen.
Greg Abbott is a fucking idiot.

And if you needed any more evidence that most politicians value guns over human life - here it is, courtesy of Texas lieutenant governor and overall despicable human being Dan Patrick.

And could someone explain to me please how abortions cause school shootings?

People like that really have no business in public service.

How come there seem to be always people in the public services that are too old (mentally speaking) to solve these-day’s problems?

I thought this shooter-discussion was done like 10 yrs ago.

I’d say they have no right to have vocal cords.

As he heard the gunshots approaching down the hall Friday morning, Santa Fe High School student Abel San Miguel, 15, hid with a few classmates in the art class storage closet.

He wasn’t sure if he was going to survive. Through the door, he could see the barrel of a shotgun. Then the shooter began shooting through the door, killing at least one student inside, and grazing Abel’s back.

When the shooter left the room briefly, Abel and others left the closet and tried to barricade the door. But the shooter pushed it open, spotted a student he knew, and with anger said, “Surprise!” before shooting the student in the chest.

This is emerging as a theme for a couple of the shooters.

sense of entitlement is strong. Why are people out here believing that another person is owed to them?

Yeah rejection is super scary-no one wants to be clowned. So you know what I did? I clowned myself before anyone else could and didn’t ask question I didn’t want to hear the answer to. AKA I was a loser who stayed to himself.

Not my fault you been jerkin off since you was 12 and now you bored of it. Pace yourself.

It’s a bad look that young dudes out here going on mass shootings cause they got turned down once in high school.

That’s a rite of passage

The gunman repeatedly taunted students during the attack, according to another harrowing account posted to Facebook by one survivor’s mother.

After scrambling to escape the shooter’s blasts in the art room, Isabelle Van Ness, covered in dust from rounds hitting her classroom walls, could hear the shooter in a next-door classroom yelling, “Woo hoo!” while shooting, according to her mother, Deedra Van Ness.

“The gunman then comes back into their room and they hear him saying … are you dead? Then more shots are fired,” Deedra Van Ness wrote. “By this time, cell phones all over the classroom are ringing and he’s taunting the kids in the closet asking them … do you think it’s for you? do you want to come answer it? Then he proceeds to fire more bullets into the closet and tries to get in.”

I can’t get over the fact that in front of the judge he kept his head down and was meek. That same energy…

https://www.yahoo.com/gma/alleged-santa-fe-hs-gunman-repeated-another-one-121304118--abc-news-topstories.html

“He was playing music, making jokes, had slogans and rhymes he kept saying,” student Trenton Beazely said of the suspect on “Good Morning America.” "Every time he’d kill someone he’d say, ‘another one bites the dust.’”

This one has to be one of the most twisted shootings for how personal the shooter took the situation. The details of his psychotic behahiour are like if they were taken from a horror film.

I can imagine that “simple” killing sprees are way less regular as we think. We just dont learn of all details in most cases.

Still, pretty creepy. This time we know more and just feels even worse.

It’s probable he will be placed in a secluded zone to keep that from happening but who knows. I’m sure the guards and even many prisoners won’t be pleased with someone like him around.

Other prisoners probably like him as much as child predators🤔

https://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-5266145,00.html
And this is why the veto power of permanent members of the UN Security Council should not exist, because any of the PMs can just block a resolution they don’t like.

Without the veto power the UN would probably lose the US as a member.

And? I’d rather lose the US as a member than continue to have them veto every proposal that benefits Palestine, even if it doesn’t harm Israel.

As much as I dislike the veto power and it’s use in this case, I fear the UN will lose alot of influence without the US as a member.

Right now, the only influence the US has on anything is bad influence. Remember the Rwandan Genocide? The US chose not to help, and used a hidden veto to accomplish this. Absolutely disgusting, and it does not belong in a democratic society.

I am in full agreement. The League Of Nations did shit to stop WW2 because not everyone was in it, and the power was not properly distributed either amongst those in it. If The United Nations loses a world power the size of the USA, I can see the same happening again.

US now also says meeting with North Korea on June 12 “unlikely” due to “Lack of time to make Preparations”

However, Trump also pointed a finger at China. China is not frequently mentioned with the planned June 12 talks, but I’ve remarked a number of times that China is very worried about losing an ally.

My take? I think there’s a lot of “My Friend for Money” talk happening behind closed doors. The June 12 talk is just the photo-op for the signing (of a blank sheet of paper - trust me… I’ve done one of them). The real talk has been raging for months… and money has a lot to do with it.

I feel like Kim is duplicating the same move that Philippines President Rodrigo Duterte did with his “pivot from America to China” move except he’s doing it with more drama.

I still stand by my main variables that the DPRK either has Potemkin Nukes or the potential to make real ones but cannot afford it. Either way, Kim knows the US and China both come together to slap him in the face if he tries this nuclear missile stunt again - which he already did once - He will not make it if he tries it again. This is a guy coming up with that one big play for that big pay cheque that will set him up (and his country?) for life.

Will it have more results? We await the next episode.