General News Thread 2.0

It seems to build on the same emotions as films like CARRIE, or the plotline from Pearl Jam’s music video for the song “Jeremy” which I always thought implied the video’s hero carried out a tragic school shooting due to problems:

Personal Note: MTV’s attempt to censor the finale of the video may have had far-reaching effects. Had I been in Pellington’s position I might have been more careful with my place in history…

Everyone in his life — his friends, family, girlfriend and ex-wife — believed Matthew Johnston, 26, was an Immigration and Customs Enforcement agent.

I have special malice for folks that pretend to be cops or military.

When officers spoke to Johnston that day, he said he pretended to be an ICE agent “because his ex-wife had insulted him in front of his daughter and told his daughter that he had done nothing with his life.” He decided to concoct the ICE story “to show everyone that he was ‘somebody’ and had done something with his life,” he said, according to court records.

This is crazy the dude is in the prime of his life and instead of going out and making something of himself he fakes something for himself. If he really loved his daughter he wouldn’t lie to her as a way to impress her-he would put the actual work in.

2 years is light work-he needs at least 10.

Oh definitely. Especially an agency as horrible with people as ICE.

Since I used to be in the service and lived in a military town, I’ve seen this happen all the time. I don’t have malice for this kind of thing and even though it’s really aggravating, I feel sad for them. Yeah sure, if you walk into a bar in uniform, you are almost guaranteed a free drink, but I think most of it stems from the lacking and craving attention like the guy you are referring to. He wanted be looked up to in high regard I guess.

Some people take the Lets Pretend game way too far. Dunno why many prefer to risk and high chances of ruining their lifes to keep appareances.

Putting the actual work in as an ICE agent would involve grabbing women off of the streets in front of their crying children so they can be deported. Pretending to do that for a living is a pretty weird way to get others to respect you!

In Trump’s America tho brah?

Johnston also bragged that he was an ICE agent to patrons and workers at Déjà Vu Showgirls, a strip club in Industry, California, prosecutors said.

He was probably getting all kinda titties thrown in his face off that.

I have actually known a similar case. A political uncle I never actually met passed as a military officer for about 6 months. He was a diagnosed mentally unstable genious, so during all that time he managed a perfect infiltration. Man was sleeping on bases and all. He only got caught by a silly mistake he made; walked by a superior officer he never met without giving protocolar respects to him, which angried the man and asked credentials that he failed to deliver.

what did he claim his occupation was in the military? 9/10 fakers claim they were either sniper or spec ops. lol

what was the result?

What happened to your uncle?

No one is ever a mechanic or a nurse which is what my folks did in the service. lol

Not like Venezuela has been deploying many forces everywhere bro. Can’t really say stuff like that you know?

He got sent to jail. Never heard what happened to him after that. Like I said, it was a political uncle. And on top of the fact I never met him we’re technically not even political family no more because what connected our families was the marriage between his sister and my uncle, which ended like 3 years ago. This must have happened about 6 years ago. Kinda one of those “my friend told me that a friend of his cousin’s friend on facebook told me that…” in hindsight, but my actual uncle and his wife were pretty shaken by the whole deal. During those 6 months he spent faking it, they never knew where he was…

gotcha wasnt sure what you meant by Poltical. I am use to the term “by marriage.”

thanks

No News but fitting to your discussion. There was a german imposer in the 1900s who’s story is worth the read:

The latest on the “Sonic Weapon” controversy involving US and China

“A name can be a killing word”

I’d honestly be more perplexed if the US invited absolutely everybody, including China, to these exercises. I mean, what would the scenario be? Earth’s entire Naval Fleet versus an alien invasion? :laughing:

Or will they rely on a match making server to decide who are Attackers and Defenders? :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m about to die of not surprise

^

All they had to do is follow orders and maybe that kinda stuff wouldn’t happen. I am sure it’s as simple as that-the whites follow orders because they have fathers in the home and good cultures that don’t listen to rap music-the blacks don’t follow orders because they don’t have fathers and listen to rap.

I haven’t watched the video, as I have said before I am staying away from them. My heart starts racing just at the idea of having to watch another one. What struck me about this is that the Police Chief had to come out ahead of the video release and tell everybody how bad it was and apologize before we even got to see it.

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=23587081

So I dunno…

https://twitter.com/NPR/status/999648842118324224

https://apps.npr.org/documents/document.html?id=4482998-Letter-to-Kim-Jung-Un

Won’t get to see my conspiracy theory play out, didn’t see this coming.

Maybe canceled because of this?

In a statement carried by the Korean Central News Agency, Choe Son-hui, a North Korean vice foreign minister, said that whether the June 12 summit between its leader Kim Jong-un and U.S. President Donald Trump will happen as scheduled entirely rests on the decision and behavior of the U.S.

"Whether the U.S. will meet us at a meeting room or encounter us at nuclear-to-nuclear showdown is entirely dependent upon the decision and behavior of the United States," Choe said.

“In case the U.S. offends against our goodwill and clings to unlawful and outrageous acts, I will put forward a suggestion to our supreme leadership for reconsidering the DPRK-U.S. summit,” she added.