General News Thread 2.0

Good piece by Nicholas Kristof from the NYT:

“The most remarkable aspect of the joint statement was what it didn’t contain. There was nothing about North Korea freezing plutonium and uranium programs, nothing about destroying intercontinental ballistic missiles, nothing about allowing inspectors to return to nuclear sites, nothing about North Korea making a full declaration of its nuclear program, nothing about a timetable, nothing about verification, not even any clear pledge to permanently halt testing of nuclear weapons or long-range missiles.”

Europeans, you have one week left to make your MEP save the internet. Call or write a mail now! (UK people do so too pls)

https://saveyourinternet.eu/

Here are the 25 members who will vote.

I’d make memes of this, but I might not be able to for much longer.

It’s a sad day when Brexit becomes the second stupidest human creation.

Oh my god that banner there in the link is annoying. I can’t even read why they want my help because it’s blocking the screen.

Here have another one:

Yeah, I didn’t either, but aparently it was true? The “advisers” or whatever were writing it based off of what he said. If I can find the article I’ll link it at some point, but I’m very busy right now (I kinda just wanted to get this out).

Trump: “Wow! That new HITMAN game looks great! You know I bet they could put a nice mission in an airport. Like that huge one in Malaysia.”

Kim: “…”

Obviously my North Korean conspiracy theory on the summit fell through. Other than that I think it went pretty well, and by well I mean bad for the United States and the President.

I recall that certain people from certain demographics thought Obama was a traitor to bow to the Japanese emperor.

And now the leader of the free world is saluting the very same military government that put Otto Warmbier in coma.

It’s funny Trump has better things to say about Un than he does about his own countrymen. I ain’t never heard trump talk about an American (that isn’t a sycophant) the way he talks about Un.

“Un loves his people”

he was pressed by Fox News’s Bret Baier on Kim’s human rights record. Baier noted that Trump had praised Kim as “a very talented person” and had said they have good chemistry.

“He’s a tough guy,” Trump replied. “Hey, when you take over a country, tough country, with tough people, and you take it over from your father, I don’t care who you are, what you are, how much of an advantage you have. If you can do that at 27 years old, I mean that’s one in 10,000 that could do that. So he’s a very smart guy. He’s a great negotiator. But I think we understand each other.”

“But he’s still done some really bad things,” Baier said.

“Yeah, but so have a lot of other people done some really bad things,” Trump said. “I mean, I could go through a lot of nations where a lot of bad things were done.”

So a bow to the emperor of a ally nation is treason but speaking highly of a rouge nation’s human rights violating leader is Nobel peace prize.

Kim has out played Trump and a few months from now the real story will be told.

I find it amazing how they don’t hesitate to criticize Obama for bowing to the Japanese emperor, yet they won’t condemn the nice things Trump is saying about Kim. But at least it’s better than them continuing to fight about red button size.

Makes me sick.

Hope they get cholera from whatever they drank.

I hope each of them ends up with their own prosthetic legs.

It’s pretty twisted and unbelieveable until you remember in ancient times many cultures kinda used actual human skulls with similar purposes. Different times but still keep the portions of depravity.

This is basically internment.

Good to see these pathetic losers get what’s coming.

This is honestly quite worrying; the last time Austria, Germany and Italy joined together, millions died.

I don’t like the anti-migration parties, but I think we’re a bit far from Nazism just yet.

Yeah, I will agree on that, however, this is still a slight issue; also, the Austrian chancellor is kind of a dick.

Guess the pro-migration parties pushed it too hard. The situation in greece and italy is really bad because nobody but Germany is willing to take migrants. This “anti-migration-axis” wouldn’t be that bad if Germany will not be a part of it. Next two weeks will show if our gov will break because of the conservatives among the christian union. If Merkel falls the left course of the EU will fall as well.

Too many far-right candidates are in power; Orbán, Mateo Salvini, and several others.