General News Thread 2.0

All the boys and coach are saved according to Thai Navy SEALS <- lol

Sea, Air and Land soldier. What’s there to mock at this acronym?

Not SEALS. Thai Navy SEALS

What’s wrong with other countries have Navy SEALS units?:

The unit was set up in 1956 with the assistance of the U.S. Government and has trained with the United States Navy SEALs which it in fact predates.

The Naval Special Warfare Command, Royal Thai Fleet, commonly known as the Thai (being acronym for Sea–Air–Land) is a 144-man special operations force within the military of Thailand.

Nothing lol. It’s sounds funny.

Did not know that until these news. Always thought only the US call them this way.

It’s over! Mission Successful!

And of course… now we get to the silly part…

It would be awesome if the film also included Jack Black or something playing an annoying Film Producer who tries to get the rights while the kids are still in danger!

Trump starts his 2 day UK visit tomorrow. Have a great protest everyone

This gave me a chuckle.

“Your anti-immigrant rhetoric, lack of social compassion and barely disguised racism and xenophobia are the antithesis of what RATM stands for. Stop using RATM’s name and logo, change the name of your podcast and find some other target to troll.”

I have no idea why Right Wingers always try and channel Rage Against The Machine, it never ever goes well for them.

BURN BURN

Scientists warn about “Human Genophage” illness:

Also an addendum to that story about Breast Feeding Policies:

1 in 3 women apparently either do not produce enough milk or produce varying nutrient levels so formulas are necessary to control critical early life nutrition.

But then again, I also remember something about a study from the 1930’s-40’s claiming that smoking had no relation to lung cancer.

See, this type of stuff is an issue, but the media turns it into a scare-tactic, as if “we’re all gonna die of this!” It’s not that serious.

Science reporting in a nutshell…

Is that an actual fucking article? That is ridiculous!

Yes, it was. However they have since amended it, clarifying: “An earlier version of this article incorrectly summarized the findings and implications of this study.”

You can still find the original here.

I’ve been doing this for years so I’m pretty much immune to cancer.

I’ve got several restraining orders though, so swings and roundabouts I guess.

I’m glad you are fine with it Mr Trump because they’re happening whether you like it or not, fuck head.

Speaking at the Nato summit before travelling to the UK, Mr Trump referred to Britain as a “pretty hot spot right now with a lot of resignations”.

A lot of resignations? Sounds familiar

Lol at the “Britons like me a lot” part. No they fucking don’t. Nobody in the UK except fascists and UKIP like him.

Please stop this man

So he basically thinks the current colors are “too feminine” and not “manly” enough? What a child.