General News Thread 2.0

I am uncertain about the tone of this post, as it seems you’re suggesting I am lying… but:

I removed the “split from this topic” as it was split to a part of the forum that is for staff only and I prefer not to have that link in there.

I didn’t remove all of the posts, but only the ones that were part in a particularly nasty back and forth on the subject, and count potentially spill into even more back and forth.
If there are posts you think I missed you are welcome to flag the relevant posts and we’ll have a look at them.

I always do just this.

And the tone was to suggest a software error and/or conmection issue that could have prevented your from moving anything even tho you think you did.

If you did, well ok then. I did not know you could also remove the link of the topic you put the flamming posts at. Plus, it is funny to see something moved to “crap from general news” or something. Makes you think what couod you see if you could read the whole thing at once!

Maybe it’s just a language barrier thing, then, “Did you now?” is usually meant to convey doubt at the truth of a statement, but fine enough if that was not the intent. :slight_smile:

At the White Lives Matter rally a WLM actvist has mowed down some counter protesters.

I knew this would happen in my country.

Graphic Content

I just read about it in the norwegian news, it’s horrifying, first time i hear about so dramatic attack on counter protesters and i wonder what’s wrong with all life matter :flushed:.

According to the BBC article, parts of the rally and counter protest had absolutely no police presence, leaving these alt right scumbags to actually go around attacking people with homemade batons and riot shields.

Now one of them has driven a car into a bunch of protesters.

Unbelievable.

WLM had their own version of police out there, so the local police took it easy.

“Make America Great Again.”

Is this what it looked like when it was great?

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20729437_10213448214944364_2279068061579590828_n.jpg?oh=1ac7334c20ddf856eeb5197f17843b3f&oe=5A374E51

https://scontent-lht6-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/20708052_10213448215264372_1330007081704921794_n.jpg?oh=e57d32f50462c73013a2203cf42a2e0e&oe=59EF8F46

Powerful Twitter thread about these people.

Imagine if these people ever faced actual oppression.

Nobody is trying to legislate away their right to marry.
Nobody is trying to make them buy insurance to pay for ‘male health care.’

The law never

Enslaved their great-grandparents
Robbed their grandparents
Imprisoned their parents
Shot them when unarmed

There is no massive effort at the state and local level to disenfranchise them of the vote.
There is no history of centuries of bad science devoted to ‘proving’ their intellectual inferiority.
There is no travel ban on them because of their religion.
There is no danger for them when they carry dangerous weaponry publicly.
Their churches were never burned.
Their lawns never decorated with burning crosses
Their ancestors never hung from trees
Their mothers aren’t being torn away by ICE troopers and sent away forever. They won’t be forced to leave the only country they ever knew.

The president has not set up a hotline to report crime committed at their hands.
They are chanting ‘we will not be replaced.’

Replaced as … what?

I’ll tell you.
Replaced as the only voice in public discussions.
Replaced as the only bodies in the public arena.
Replaced as the only life that matters.
THIS is ‘white people’ oppression:

We used to be the only voice. Now we hold the only microphone.
THIS is ‘white man’ oppression.

We face criticism now. We were free from it, because others feared the consequences.
THIS is ‘oppression’ of white Christians in this country.

Christmas used to be the only holiday acknowledged, now it’s not.
I would so love to see these people get all the oppression they insist they receive, just for a year. Just to see.
Give them a world where you ACTUALLY can’t say Christmas.

A world where the name “Geoff” on a resume puts it in the trash.
Give them a world where they suddenly get a 20% pay cut, and then 70 women every day tell them to smile more.
Give them a world where their polo shirt makes people nervous, so they’re kicked off the flight from Pittsburgh to Indianapolis.

Give them a world where they inherited nothing but a very real understanding of what oppression really fucking is.
Give them a world where if they pulled up on a campus with torches lit and started throwing hands, the cops would punch their eyes out.

Put THAT in your Tiki torches and light it, you sorry Nazi bitches.

Are they actually neo nazis or just racist? I do not like to use the terms interchangeably even if both groups find an ally on one another.

Dunno man, the whole Nazi salute plus the bunch of them bringing swastika t-shirts might be a clue.

They aren’t being used interchangeably. There were straight up neo Nazis at the VA rally today, as we have seen.

I actually live near Charlottesville and have family there, this whole affair has been… I don’t have words for how fucked it is.

Fascism is an ideology that is destined to lose - And ultimately if this alt-right movement doesn’t fizzle out (which is looking less likely as time goes on), it’ll be stamped out. And i’m not talking about a street scuffle between a group of anti-fascists and white supremacists, either.

Suspect who drove into the crowd is James Alex Fields, Jr.

Gotta say his face looks very intelligent.

And if there was any doubt about his motive, here he is at an alt-right rally.

Look at this gormless little prick and his dumb cardboard cutout shield. Go the fuck to prison you giant Nazi cunt.

I hope he spends the rest of his life in the most dangerous and isolated prison in US, sorry but i whish this guy as much misery as possible :rage:.

Bamboo torches and polo shirts: must-have accessories for your “I’m the master race!” starter pack.

I am not sure I understand - So the problem is because I made fun of the fact they’ve got homemade weapons?

These aren’t brave activists fighting a corrupt government, they’re white supremacist scumbags who came looking to commit acts of violence against counter protesters. I abhor them and everything they stand for.